Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I’ve been trying to get my head round my dislike for the rogue figures hair and trying to articulate how it should look. Gryffindorbrickkid on Instagram has done some designs and how he’s done Rogues hair for me is perfect. That’s what I wanted but didn’t realise until I saw it. Not sure if it would be possible to dual mould it like that but it would be such an upgrade. 

Either way - not a fan of the Rogue or Cyclops leaks. Will wait for x-mansion to see what’s included and if there’s any (unlikely) upgrades to them. 

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Edit: My 10‘000th post!!! Do I receive a medal now? :tongue:

No, but you are made as an archduke! 

Congrats!

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Really? The Infinity Saga sets gave us the best Quinjet and Hulkbuster yet, a greatly improved Thanos, plus lots of highly-requested characters :laugh: Of course they could still do WAY more, but I‘m confident they will!

3 ore fa, wesker ha detto:

I set di Infinity Saga sono stati tra i migliori che abbiamo ottenuto dal tema negli ultimi anni. A parte voler vedere un altro paio di personaggi mancanti coperti (principalmente da Thor, Doctor Strange e Guardiani della Galassia) non ho davvero nessuna lamentela.

Hi I get it's always exciting to contradict someone, but let's be serious, 2022 and 2023 were disappointing. That's not to say there haven't been some good Infinity Saga sets, but TOO FEW! In 2021 Lego demonstrated what it can do with the subtheme, but the following years have betrayed those premises. There are too many films without coverage and too many films that absolutely need an update, and Lego wastes time (years) giving us buildable Rocket and Groot...

(I loved the new Quinjet, but the entire lineup is a recycle of the Tower, and Hulkbuster has a PATHETIC selection of minifigures)

6 minutes ago, Lion King said:

No, but you are made as an archduke! 

Congrats!

Thankies! But I was already an archduke before, the threshold for that was 8000 posts I believe :laugh:

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Edit: My 10‘000th post!!! Do I receive a medal now? :tongue:

I'll send you one of the CMF medal pieces to add to your meal

41 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

I'll send you one of the CMF medal pieces to add to your meal

My meal of nothingness you mean? :tongue: I will not submit that easily! As long as Skullpoopl 3 retains its R-rating, I will be safe from any minifig-eating shenanigans :laugh:

On 11/21/2023 at 11:10 AM, wesker said:

He's coming. There was a leaked pic of a new Quicksilver torso a couple weeks ago.

Are we sure now that it's a legitimate leak and not a fake? Last I heard, that was still unclear.

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't think dying in the movie stops lego from putting the fig in a set.

It does over in HP. The most obvious example is the lack of Goyle in the new Room of Requirement. Even though they already had a ready-made Goyle face and hair (from Polyjuiced Harry in the Polyjuice Potions Mistake set) and even though Goyle casts the fire spell which features very prominently in the set. But they might handle it differently across themes, fair enough.

7 hours ago, Lego_ofme said:

I’ve been trying to get my head round my dislike for the rogue figures hair and trying to articulate how it should look. Gryffindorbrickkid on Instagram has done some designs and how he’s done Rogues hair for me is perfect. That’s what I wanted but didn’t realise until I saw it. Not sure if it would be possible to dual mould it like that but it would be such an upgrade. 

Either way - not a fan of the Rogue or Cyclops leaks. Will wait for x-mansion to see what’s included and if there’s any (unlikely) upgrades to them. 

That Rogue har, would been quite good. Maybe a little bit too much of the white?

10 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I loved the new Quinjet, but the entire lineup is a recycle of the Tower 

Technically the Tower recycles the Quinjet Minifigs (with the exceptions of Hulk and Hawkeye). 

6 hours ago, brickbride said:

It does over in HP. 

I think that there may be a difference between making a character that dies at some point, and making a set depicting the scene wherein said character dies. 

25 minuti fa, Classic_Spaceman ha detto:

Tecnicamente la Torre ricicla i Quinjet Minifigs (con le eccezioni di Hulk e Occhio di Falco).

When the Bugle came out, they made it clear to us that some of the minifigures had been included in previously released sets to optimize costs. There is no reason to believe that things went differently with the Quinjet…

2 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

When the Bugle came out, they made it clear to us that some of the minifigures had been included in previously released sets to optimize costs. There is no reason to believe that things went differently with the Quinjet…

Good point, actually. I wonder why they did not give Black Widow printed legs in the Quinjet, then. 

5 ore fa, Classic_Spaceman ha detto:

Buon punto, in realtà. Mi chiedo perché non abbiano dato le gambe stampate Black Widow nel Quinjet, allora.

Or Thor's permed hair, who knows... maybe last minute additions, maybe a cheap attempt to make it unique...

15 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Or Thor's permed hair, who knows... 

It got messy with the air getting in the Quinjet.

Speaking of Thor, it's been over 5 years, but I absolutely hate how his beard and hair colour dont match

I just ordered the tower. I'm poor but happy ^_^

30 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Speaking of Thor, it's been over 5 years, but I absolutely hate how his beard and hair colour dont match

Maybe for Thor 5 we will have a new face :-)

On 11/19/2023 at 9:35 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, can't wait for that 50% off on the Hoopty

I'm pretty sure you'll get your wish, but how does that reflect the results of the movie? The other day I saw the Spiderman No Way Home final battle for more than 35% off, and that movie's the third highest grossing in the MCU (and the only non-Avengers movie in the top five). Black Panther was well-received. The Black Panther bust was not. On the other hand, Thor 4 was hardly a fan favourite, but the Goat Boat seems to be.

After Rivendell with a nearly 20% Discount (at least in germany), I wonder how long it will take for the Avengers Tower to cross the 400€ pricepoint. Then I might buy it - there are only three or four interesting minifigs for me and the tower isn`t as good as the one from another brand, but it matches better with the Bugle and Sanctorum.

Ordered Avengers Tower! :sweet: 
Had zero problems in the webshop, and it earned me 3 GWP's too :devil:

Can't wait for it to arrive and leave it unopened for weeks while I make plans to entirely redecorate my display !

Regards,
Mitch

2 hours ago, brickbride said:

I'm pretty sure you'll get your wish, but how does that reflect the results of the movie?

Black Panther and Hulkbuster received so much hate that they earned a discount within 30 seconds of release, maybe the hate for the movie will have the same effect lol

How are you going to expose the Tower? A custom-made display case should cost more than €200, perhaps an IKEA display case is better :-/

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

How are you going to expose the Tower? A custom-made display case should cost more than €200, perhaps an IKEA display case is better :-/

If you were asking in general: I'm thinking of Ikea display cabinets myself (as well). But I'm going to reorganize my whole room, including my SW LEGO displays, so it's gonna take a while to think of a proper, new layout :blush: 

Regards,
Mitch

11 minuti fa, CF Mitch ha detto:

Se stavi chiedendo in generale: sto pensando io stesso (anche) alle vetrine Ikea. Ma ho intenzione di riorganizzare tutta la mia stanza, compresi i miei display SW LEGO, quindi ci vorrà un po' per pensare a un layout adeguato e nuovo:blush: 

Saluti,
Mitch

Yes, of course, I ask everyone :-) in Italy, the classic Detolfs have been replaced with a smaller model, and the Tower doesn't fit :-D the Rudsta could be fine, with only €129…

best wishes for your reorganization, I know it's not an easy thing :-D