Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

If we do get Magneto, at least it should be an updated version. While the original minfigure was fine for its time, it looks awfully barebones next to the new Wolverine, Storm, and Beast. I don't have a problem with him being included in the X-Jet, but if they repeat him for the X-Mansion, that would be annoying.

I wouldn't count the rumored minifigure list for the X-Mansion as set in stone so I doubt Professor X will be the only new minfigure. There's also the consideration that he's not part of the new show so there's not even a guarantee he'll be included. Lego also likes to include diversity in as many sets as possible now, especially their big sets. If they can take major sets like the Hogwarts Express and remove iconic characters like Hermione and Ron to instead include generic characters for the sake of representation, there's no way they'll create an X-Mansion set with only Storm for representation. Not with Jubilee, Bishop, and Sunspot as main members of the team and Bishop in particular has been appearing in all the X-Men '97 merchandise so far. If he's not in the X-Jet, he'll for sure be in the X-Mansion set.

I agree that it was annoying that Storm's original minifigure had a generic hairpiece especially when the Lego Marvel Super Heroes game gave her a new hairpiece that was more comic accurate with her tiara.

Edited by JeanGreyForever

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

I had to google this and I think you’re correct… Then yes this figure is comic accurate! I’m gonna be honest when I say that makes me like him more lol. Also Mr Knight is comic accurate but not because he’s based off the comics but because the MCU design for Mr Knight is 1:1 with the source material. I would not personally consider the Moon Knight we got as comic accurate however he is definitely an MCU fig.

Just gonna correct myself here before anyone else does and yes I now realize Mr Knight is not comic accurate as the line down the middle of his mask is something only his MCU depiction has had so far. He’s still suppeeerrr close to being comic accurate though, the show runners did a great job bringing that design to life.

While we have to wait and see which figures we end up getting I just pray we finally get a Jean Grey !! That would be everything she is one of my favorite characters in comics.

I wish they gave Wolverine dual molded arms as well in this cmf to set a precedent for figures having both dual molded arms and legs for Marvel or X Men. I know the Birdwatcher in CMF Series 22 had both, wish Marvel figures could get that treatment. i say this because Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, and Jessica Drew Spiderwoman would all need that to be as accurate and satisfying as possible I wish we had that precedent so there would be skme hope these figures are given justice when eventually given their wide release. I really want a 616 Spiderwoman and Phoenix in my collection so bad. Wanna know a cool trick to keep those 2012/2013 SDCC figures exclusive? Well they don’t have dual moulded arms OR legs….. so obviously giving that to the wide released variants keeps the general populous happy and scalpers and rich folk can feel satisfied they still forked over good money for a figure that remained exclusive at the end of the day. So everybody wins

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

If we do get Magneto, at least it should be an updated version. While the original minfigure was fine for its time, it looks awfully barebones next to the new Wolverine, Storm, and Beast. I don't have a problem with him being included in the X-Jet, but if they repeat him for the X-Mansion, that would be annoying.

I wouldn't count the rumored minifigure list for the X-Mansion as set in stone so I doubt Professor X will be the only new minfigure. There's also the consideration that he's not part of the new show so there's not even a guarantee he'll be included. Lego also likes to include diversity in as many sets as possible now, especially their big sets. If they can take major sets like the Hogwarts Express and remove iconic characters like Hermione and Ron to instead include generic characters for the sake of representation, there's no way they'll create an X-Mansion set with only Storm for representation. Not with Jubilee, Bishop, and Sunspot as main members of the team and Bishop in particular has been appearing in all the X-Men '97 merchandise so far. If he's not in the X-Jet, he'll for sure be in the X-Mansion set.

I agree that it was annoying that Storm's original minifigure had a generic hairpiece especially when the Lego Marvel Super Heroes game gave her a new hairpiece that was more comic accurate with her tiara.

Representation doesn't mean removing the most famous wheelchair using character of all time though?

Got my order from Minifigure Madness yesterday, and got everything sorted last night/today. Out of all 4 boxes, I got complete sets in all of them! Everything is already shipped off or picked up, so I'm ready for whatever series is next.

If anyone wants to know the distribution of my boxes, I'll hide them so they're not taking up a bunch of room. If they're formatted funny, or if there are any issues, let me know!

Box 1:

Spoiler

Left Side   Right Side  
  Character ID Character ID
  (front) (top layer)    
1 Wolverine 231S3 Wolverine 231S3
2 Agatha 332S3 Agatha 332S3
3 Wolverine 231S3 Echo 529S3
4 Agatha 332S3 Storm 230S3
5 Echo 529S3 Storm 230S3
6 Echo 529S3 Storm 230S3
7 Kate Bishop 332S3 Hawkeye 532S3
8 Hawkeye 231S3 Kate Bishop 432S3
9 Goliath 431S3 Beast 332S3
  (back)      

Left Side   Right Side  
  (front) (bottom layer)    
1 Beast 432S3 Beast 432S3
2 Goliath 431S3 Goliath 431S3
3 Moon Knight 332S3 Moon Knight 332S3
4 WBN 530S3 WBN 431S3
5 Moon Knight 332S3 Mr. Knight 231S3
6 WBN 431S3 She-Hulk 531S3
7 Mr. Knight 231S3 Mr. Knight 231S3
8 She-Hulk 531S3 She-Hulk 531S3
9 Hawkeye 231S3 Kate Bishop 332S3
  (back)      

Box 2:

Spoiler

Left Side   Right Side  
  (front) (top layer)    
5 Echo 529S3 Storm 230S3
6 Echo 529S3 Storm 230S3
7 Kate Bishop 432S3 Kate Bishop 432S3
8 Hawkeye 532S3 Hawkeye 532S3
  (back)      

Left Side   Right Side  
  (front) (bottom layer)    
3 WBN 530S3 Moon Knight 332S3
4 Moon Knight 332S3 WBN 431S3
  (back)      

Box 3: 

Spoiler

Left Side   Right Side  
  (front) (top layer)    
5 Echo 529S3 Storm 230S3
6 Echo 529S3 Storm 230S3
7 Hawkeye 532S3 Hawkeye 532S3
8 Kate Bishop 432S3 Kate Bishop 432S3
  (back)      

Left Side   Right Side  
  (front) (bottom layer)    
3 WBN 530S3 WBN 431S3
4 Moon Knight 332S3 Moon Knight 332S3
  (back)      

Box 4:

Spoiler

Left Side   Right Side  
  (front) (top layer)    
5 Echo 529S3 Storm 230S3
6 Echo 529S3 Storm 230S3
7 Hawkeye 532S3 Hawkeye 532S3
8 Kate Bishop 432S3 Kate Bishop 332S3
  (back)      

Left Side   Right Side  
  (front) (bottom layer)    
3 Moon Knight 332S3 WBN 530S3
4 WBN 431S3 Moon Knight 332S3
5 WBN 431S3 Mr. Knight 231S3
6 Moon Knight 332S3 She-Hulk 531S3
  (back)      

Notably, all of the boxes almost always have the same distribution pattern. The only issues are a few times where some "neighbors" in the box got switched, but that was something that I even noticed in the Disney series. (it's easier to spot the differences flipping between pages in the Google Spreadsheet I made). 

Now that I actually have the minifigs in hand, I do have a few thoughts:

• Lego really needs to figure out arm printing for minifigs - specifically, around the shoulders. All of the dozen Hawkeyes I opened had messy shoulder printing, and several others (like Wolverine and Echo) also had some issues. I'd rather have a plain, unprinted arm, or a slightly larger print that is more consistent (Kate's shoulder was a lot better, for example), then something that looks messy.
  • I'm very happy that none of the parts were rubber! Looking at photos, I thought that Moon Knight's knives and Storm's hair might have been made of soft rubber, but I was delighted to be proven wrong in that department!
  • As excited as I was for Wolverine, his printing brings down the minifig a few pegs in my book. It's a lot more noticeable than some of the others because the colors contrast so much, but the hip pieces and the legs have a noticeable yellow outline in them, and the other blue printing on the legs isn't totally consistent. 
  • Storm, Agatha, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk really stand out to me in-person (Storm's mohawk is even starting to grow on me), while Wolverine, Hawkeye, Echo, and Mr. Knight got a little worse, but I don't think it will be worth going into a character-by-character analysis.

I am going to be interested to see how well this series sells overall. With as tearable as the packaging is (pun intended), I don't know how long of a "shelf life" these will have compared to a regular CMF series, so I doubt they will be on shelves for clearance sales if they don't sell well. Though, I could also be wrong in thinking that. 

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Representation doesn't mean removing the most famous wheelchair using character of all time though?

The only reason I would assume he isn't included is because he's not in the series anymore but even then, I can see Lego maybe including him anyway since he's so central to the X-Men and an X-Mansion without him would feel odd. And even though the sets seem to be based on the new show, they might still contain easter eggs or features from the original show.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

While we have to wait and see which figures we end up getting I just pray we finally get a Jean Grey !! That would be everything she is one of my favorite characters in comics.

I wish they gave Wolverine dual molded arms as well in this cmf to set a precedent for figures having both dual molded arms and legs for Marvel or X Men. I know the Birdwatcher in CMF Series 22 had both, wish Marvel figures could get that treatment. i say this because Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, and Jessica Drew Spiderwoman would all need that to be as accurate and satisfying as possible I wish we had that precedent so there would be skme hope these figures are given justice when eventually given their wide release. I really want a 616 Spiderwoman and Phoenix in my collection so bad. Wanna know a cool trick to keep those 2012/2013 SDCC figures exclusive? Well they don’t have dual moulded arms OR legs….. so obviously giving that to the wide released variants keeps the general populous happy and scalpers and rich folk can feel satisfied they still forked over good money for a figure that remained exclusive at the end of the day. So everybody wins

You have good taste ;)

I would absolutely love to see Jessica Drew and Jean Grey get new minifigs. I was disappointed Jessica wasn't part of the Daily Bugle set. The lack of a Jessica in the MCU is probably a reason why they haven't bothered with her since her SDCC figure. She definitely needs dual-molded arms.

A few pages back, some of us talked about how Jean as Phoenix would a very easy figure to revamp. Light green instead of medium/emerald green is more accurate to the original comics as would be pearl gold for her emblem, sash, boots, and gloves instead of plain yellow. And she would need dual-molded arms and preferably a new hairpiece as well instead of the generic hair they used for her and Storm.

Just read a rumour that The Marvels is going to have a running time of only 1 h 38 min (1h 33 min without credits), making it the shortest MCU movie EVER. The budget was apparently a paltry (for a MCU movie in 2023) USD 130 million. Even though it's set in space, which you'd think would warrant some CGI ...

Fun fact: Even the absolutely worst performing MCU movie ever, The Incredible Hulk, had a longer running time of about 1 h 52 min and a higher budget of about USD 150 million - IN 2008! Ant-Man 3 even had a budget of around USD 200!

But hey, if/when The Marvels flops, I'm sure it's going to "prove" that people don't want female superheroes, and that Captain Marvel's phenomenal Box office performance was just a fluke./s  

In all seriousness: Like with the Hoopty's pricing, I'm starting to wonder if everyone involved WANTS this to fail.

And I just don't get why. Like, Ant-Man has NEVER performed well, but gets treated much better than the only MCU character whose debut movie made the top 10?

15 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Not that it wouldn't be insane for them to not include professor x in the x-mansion, but companies have odd notions of representation. See: basically every redheaded character adaption in the last 10 years.

But like I said, it would be insane for them not to put Professor X in the mansion... if for no other reason than they could get away with only doing a new print for the torso.

4 hours ago, brickbride said:

Just read a rumour that The Marvels is going to have a running time of only 1 h 38 min (1h 33 min without credits), making it the shortest MCU movie EVER. The budget was apparently a paltry (for a MCU movie in 2023) USD 130 million. Even though it's set in space, which you'd think would warrant some CGI ...

Fun fact: Even the absolutely worst performing MCU movie ever, The Incredible Hulk, had a longer running time of about 1 h 52 min and a higher budget of about USD 150 million - IN 2008! Ant-Man 3 even had a budget of around USD 200!

But hey, if/when The Marvels flops, I'm sure it's going to "prove" that people don't want female superheroes, and that Captain Marvel's phenomenal Box office performance was just a fluke./s  

In all seriousness: Like with the Hoopty's pricing, I'm starting to wonder if everyone involved WANTS this to fail.

And I just don't get why. Like, Ant-Man has NEVER performed well, but gets treated much better than the only MCU character whose debut movie made the top 10?

First of all, that 130 million thing turned out to be only taking into account the original shooting, not reshoots, or something along those lines. Supposedly it's actually 270 million, a lot more consistent with other marvel films.

But yes, sure, this is part of a conspiracy to make female superhero movies fail, because that makes any sense at all. And because the argument most fans who dislike captain marvel are making is definitely that they don't want female superheroes, not that they don't like this interpretation of captain marvel.

All this talk about the X-men makes me excited for the show, until I remember recent news stating the animation will be 3D instead of 2D o_o

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

But like I said, it would be insane for them not to put Professor X in the mansion... if for no other reason than they could get away with only doing a new print for the torso.

Arguably they don’t even have to do that much. Just stick him in a generic suit and no one (except maybe a handful of diehards for the ‘92 cartoon look) is going to care.

2 hours ago, thebricksbear said:

I'm sure this has been asked to death, but if the UCS is november how quickly have leaks come in the past?

There was a November set officially unveiled today (Mario plant) so hopefully not much longer *huh*

But I think avengers tower is being released around black Friday weekend. Which is late November. AT-AT was unveiled on the 9th Nov and went on sale 26th Nov. Can't remember what last years big black Friday set was but i imagine dates were similar. 

Not sure how many leaks to expect with these. Thye have been pretty good at stopping them lately. 

Edited by squiz18

2 hours ago, thebricksbear said:

I'm sure this has been asked to death, but if the UCS is november how quickly have leaks come in the past?

I believe mid-October is typically leaked images with a reveal late October (Based on SW UCS Sets). 

Can anyone confirm if this is still the case?

Edited by TheJackBricks
Spelling

Still not seen any Marvel CMF's actually in stores, best I've seen is the empty display box of them at a food/retail store. Through talking I discovered they ordered one batch of them and never bothered ordering another as they were all damaged/destroyed by people trying to identify what they were. Now they just fill it with the plastic bags of other CMF series. I doubt they'll stock a series 3 if they end up making a series 3 for the Marvel CMF's.

On 9/17/2023 at 9:38 PM, Shiva said:

76222 and 76246, only those 2 that seem to be missing from the front page, for 2023.

I do updated lists roughly monthly (Previous one) to help cover things, there's quite a few small sets and listings for 2023 and 2024. I believe we're expecting a GWP Taxi for Avengers Tower but other than that we've pretty much covered the year.

76222 was a delayed/cancelled/shelved set from 2022 as per remarks from BrickClicker. It was likely a DC movie set as a similar missing set from that time 76224 ended up being a Flash movie set featuring the Batmobile and Flash that was reworked into Batman Vs The Joker.

76246 was listed on Promobricks and a few other sites at one stage for 2023, but we've heard nothing about it since so lack of information has caused many to expect it's not releasing. It's possible that it's in the same boat as 76222 where it was meant to be a tie-in set that was delayed/cancelled/shelved for whatever reason. It could still release in 2023 though.

I keep them on the updated lists, but it is possible they may never see the light of day, though I'm keeping them around until we see the numbers pop up again as it'll be fun to chronicle their journey :tongue:

9 hours ago, brickbride said:

The budget was apparently a paltry (for a MCU movie in 2023) USD 130 million.

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Supposedly it's actually 270 million, a lot more consistent with other marvel films.

They spent $130m in the first two months of shooting. Original planned budget was $274m with tax write-off's from filming in the UK which would have dropped it to around $215-$225m. This would be in-line with most Marvel movies, HOWEVER that was before all the delays and the entire film was stated by insiders as being 'reshot fully twice' meaning that original budget of $274m is not what it will have actually ended up costing.

Total cost for the film is likely in the region of $500m, effectively another 'No Time To Die' scenario where the cost of reshooting, insuring and delaying the film resulted in the budget ballooning massively, not helped along by script rewrites. I would'nt be surprised if it's break-even is closer to $750m+.

5 hours ago, thebricksbear said:

@squiz18 @TheJackBricks

It's a D2C (Direct To Consumer) set and those sets tend to have a lot more security behind them, both intentionally and due to the process of which they are released to the public. They are generally revealed officially by Lego around 1-2 weeks prior to release, the exception being that sometimes they do a teaser campaign or reveal the set in the background of a designer video.

In terms of Avengers Tower, I don't think we've had clarification on a precise release date. We'll likely get clarification of its release date sometime in October and that will determine when we see it revealed. I've seen Brickfanatics list it as November 24th while other sites list it as November 1st.

• If it's November 1st then we'll probably see it around October 18th-25th
  • If it's November 24th then we'll probably see it around November 10th-17th

As for leaks, we could get blurry box photo's like with the Daily Bugle as people seem to have a rough idea of the figures implying something like that exists - though I'm not holding my breath on anything leaking.

Accordung to exabricks, the AT will be revealed on the 14th of November and released 10 days later :classic: There‘s almost no chance it won‘t leak before that though  :snicker:

EDITED because I did initially write and post several long paragraphs in answer to @Mandalorianknight, but frankly I'm tired of being attacked, and need a break. My interest in LEGO Marvel is mostly academic anyway, I don't own any of the sets, so I'll take a leave of absence for now.

@Everybody who's waiting for the Avengers Tower: Good luck, and may the set end up being what you wish for!

Edited by brickbride

On 9/20/2023 at 10:31 PM, JeanGreyForever said:

The only reason I would assume he isn't included is because he's not in the series anymore but even then, I can see Lego maybe including him anyway since he's so central to the X-Men and an X-Mansion without him would feel odd. And even though the sets seem to be based on the new show, they might still contain easter eggs or features from the original show.

You have good taste ;)

I would absolutely love to see Jessica Drew and Jean Grey get new minifigs. I was disappointed Jessica wasn't part of the Daily Bugle set. The lack of a Jessica in the MCU is probably a reason why they haven't bothered with her since her SDCC figure. She definitely needs dual-molded arms.

A few pages back, some of us talked about how Jean as Phoenix would a very easy figure to revamp. Light green instead of medium/emerald green is more accurate to the original comics as would be pearl gold for her emblem, sash, boots, and gloves instead of plain yellow. And she would need dual-molded arms and preferably a new hairpiece as well instead of the generic hair they used for her and Storm.

Thank you, you as well. I grew up in the early 2000’s when the X Men, Fantastic 4, Jessica Drew, (and even Tigra, Wasp, and Namor) were all more heavily included in video games, animation and merchandising (shirts, bags, toys etc) than they are currently. So having grown up with these characters more prominently featured, I was always a huge fan of Spiderwoman and the Phoenix. they are 2 of my favorites so its kind of annoying of all characters, that they would be exclusive as of now. Really need them to get remade.

Anyways I’m most excited to get Helen Cho and Vision in this upcoming Avengers Tower. As of now I have no vision in my collection so thats very exciting to get. I hope Helen gets a new torso print and not a generic nurse outfit.

14 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Accordung to exabricks, the AT will be revealed on the 14th of November and released 10 days later :classic: There‘s almost no chance it won‘t leak before that though  :snicker:

Nice.

I doubt we’ll see leaked pictures anytime soon, but hopefully more details will leak such as a final list of the figures and a general floor layout.

On 9/20/2023 at 10:15 PM, cosmic said:

Btw Is it just me or does Lego consistently half a** their X Men material? Storm did not get a new hair mould with her crown and flowy white locks in her 2014 debut. Then Wolverine does not get dual molded arms for his cmf figure, Beast gets no arm printing, the X Jet is half repeats AGAIN, and the rumored mansion has only 1 new X Men (being Professor X himself) and an ugly design? I’m happy for new X Men material but unpopular opinion Lego has cut some sort of corner every time they have produced content for the mutants. I even joke that Kamala was excluded from the CMF series once rumors circulated she would be a mutant moving forward lol.

Wolverine does not need dual-moulded arms. In fact, his arms are not covered at all in that suit.

The X-Mansion was just a preliminary concept. The build doesn't have to represent what we'll get. It might, but that's unknown for now.

Also, the leak had four new X-Men (Professor X, Mystique, Emma Frost and Sabretooth). Don't know where you got that it was just one.

As for the X-Jet, we'll be lucky if only half the minifigures in that set are repeats. :tongue:

22 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Arguably they don’t even have to do that much. Just stick him in a generic suit and no one (except maybe a handful of diehards for the ‘92 cartoon look) is going to care.

That's a good point, though I'd hope lego has enough common sense to not make Professor X completely out of re-used parts.

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

As for the X-Jet, we'll be lucky if only half the minifigures in that set are repeats. :tongue:

We'll be lucky if it's not Wolveriene, Storm, Beast, and Venom.

41 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That's a good point, though I'd hope lego has enough common sense to not make Professor X completely out of re-used parts.

Personally, I’d rather they just reused a generic suit torso and saved the budget for a new print for someone who actually needs it. 

53 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

We'll be lucky if it's not Wolveriene, Storm, Beast, and Venom.

Honestly, we'll be lucky if there's even a single new character. Wolverine and Magneto are a given imo.

1 ora fa, THELEGOBATMAN ha detto:

Wolverine non ha bisogno di bracci a doppia modella. In effetti, le sue braccia non sono affatto coperte in quella tuta

I completely agree. I also think we absolutely can't complain about the cmf...

as for xjet and xmansion it's pretty much certain we'll get repeats, but as long as they're variants I'll be fine (and I'm confident the cmf won't be recycled).

I hope that other x-sets will arrive in the summer, at least to complete the classic team and get some new villains. I'm very curious to see the series to understand what we can expect, especially in terms of the villain (Bigfig from Apocalypse is my big forbidden dream)

28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Honestly, we'll be lucky if there's even a single new character. Wolverine and Magneto are a given imo.

They’re likely, but until we get confirmation, I wouldn’t count them as given.

20 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

I hope that other x-sets will arrive in the summer, at least to complete the classic team and get some new villains. I'm very curious to see the series to understand what we can expect, especially in terms of the villain (Bigfig from Apocalypse is my big forbidden dream)

I’d love to get more X-Men sets in the summer. A Sentinel in the style of the buildable figures with a couple of X-Men seems like a no-brainer. Wolverine Motorcylce vs some X-Men villain is another pretty obvious choice (maybe with a civilian Logan in a brown jacket just to spice things up). Not sure what else they could adapt from the show; but just looking at the Mandarin Doom Buggy and Spider-Man Monster Van I don’t think that having source material actually matters.

Edit: Also, I really don’t know what you mean by “classic” team, because the 90’s show left out quite a few big names from the roster such as Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Kitty Pryde.

Edited by psqidexslizer

35 minuti fa, psqidexslizer ha detto:

Edit: Inoltre, non so davvero cosa intendi per squadra "classica", perché lo spettacolo degli anni '90 ha tralasciato alcuni grandi nomi del roster come Nightcrawler, Colossus e Kitty Pryde.

You're right "classic team" for the x-men is very vague. I mean the protagonists of the series to which '97 is connected.

A buildable Sentinel figure would be perfect, it would be the best use of this otherwise obnoxious format. I would buy a whole army of them.

If the series arrives in January and leakers announce more sets, we'll be able to have a lot more fun with predictions