Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

On 8/23/2023 at 10:34 AM, psqidexslizer said:

This conversation was about what ideas would make sense for modular building styled sets. X-Mansion is not one of them because it doesn’t make sense to connect it to other buildings and would make more sense as a stand-alone building like Rivendell.

Rather than just skyscrapers, a classic Avengers Mansion from the comics, with comic inspired minifigs similar to the Daily Bugle could be a lot of fun. There are lots of skypscrapers in more modern Marvel, but X-Mansion and Avengers Mansion both would fit in a lot lower. Avengers Mansion appears more urban anyway, and a could fit in nicely with some fencing in a modular city?

If they reuse even a single character from the CMF for the Jet, this set is gonna be even a bigger disappointment than it seems to be right now.

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If they reuse even a single character from the CMF for the Jet, this set is gonna be even a bigger disappointment than it seems to be right now.

Prepare to be disappointed then, because there is no way they don‘t include at least one of them in that set :grin: I mean, how likely is an X-Men set without Wolverine? 

Hopefully any reused minifigures will be limited strictly to the X-Mansion. I do wish we could get some confirmation from leakers already as to which characters are actually included in the X-Jet so we can put all this speculation to rest.

24 minutes ago, wesker said:

Hopefully any reused minifigures will be limited strictly to the X-Mansion. I do wish we could get some confirmation from leakers already as to which characters are actually included in the X-Jet so we can put all this speculation to rest.

I hope we will receive some preliminary description by September

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Prepare to be disappointed then, because there is no way they don‘t include at least one of them in that set :grin: I mean, how likely is an X-Men set without Wolverine? 

Well I'm already disappointed, because that piece count is absolutely atrocious.

Now, if the minifigures were amazing, the set would have a redeeming quality. If they're not, then it will be one of the most disappointing LEGO Marvel sets ever imo (which I'm prepared for).

Even if the minifigures are good, there's no universe in which I buy a 360-piece set for 85€.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The only way I can imagine them repeating one from the CMF is if they're wearing a different costume, which I haven't seen any merchandise or evidence of. But then again, no one knew about Captain Carter's stealth suit when the Hydra Stomper was announced.

Not sure how reliable mtdbricks is, but they claim that the $10 Spidey set includes Electro (the female version) and the $20 set features Arnim Zola :classic: Weird context for the first Zola figure, but I’ll take it :laugh: Of course this somewhat increases the likelihood for the Thing to show up in the largest set

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You're forgetting Polarized Venom, Un-venomized Venom, and Venomarine (Not venomized wolveriene or wolverized venomine, but venom in a marine outfit)

I hoped the Venomarine would be a venom-shaped submarine.

Lego once again letting us down.

On 8/26/2023 at 1:50 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not sure how reliable mtdbricks is, but they claim that the $10 Spidey set includes Electro (the female version) and the $20 set features Arnim Zola :classic: Weird context for the first Zola figure, but I’ll take it :laugh: Of course this somewhat increases the likelihood for the Thing to show up in the largest set

I think mtdbricks has been good in the past. As you say it's quite a weird link so we'll see how it pans out. My first reaction (if it is true) is that it will be a junior version, but looking at the previous figures in the Sahaf theme have been pretty good so fingers crossed its a decent fig! 

Though looking at the ig picture it might be something buildable rather than a fig. 

Edited by squiz18

On 8/26/2023 at 2:02 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well I'm already disappointed, because that piece count is absolutely atrocious.

Now, if the minifigures were amazing, the set would have a redeeming quality. If they're not, then it will be one of the most disappointing LEGO Marvel sets ever imo (which I'm prepared for).

Even if the minifigures are good, there's no universe in which I buy a 360-piece set for 85€.

I’m with you. If the minifigure selection is great it’ll redeem the piece count and quality of the x-jet. I just want them to complete the main cast for the 97 series. I know including the rest of the main cast is highly unlikely, but give us at least three or four. Jean Grey, Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee or Cyclops.

wow, so many details for the march sets and not even a name for january x-jet :-D

ps. iron man comics in the encyclopedia, iron man comics 4+ and now iron man cartoons… i want the missing MCU versions, lego!!! :-D

Edited by Legocentrico

Anyone have a clue what Lego Minecraft Goat just put up? Is it like a Wolverine car?

Edited by Brickroll

Nice to get an unexpected gwp. Can't work out what's going on though. Racking my brains for when outriders were in a scene with a yellow car but can't come up with anything:shrug_confused: 

4 figures in a gwp is great though. Especially compared to the Hoopty :laugh:

Edited by squiz18

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a reference to that one scene in Black Panther where he jumps on a car, but they made a yellow one to have a more colorful set.

The outriders would be there just for the sake of being there.

12 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a reference to that one scene in Black Panther where he jumps on a car, but they made a yellow one to have a more colorful set.

The outriders would be there just for the sake of being there.

Outriders - the Venom of Avengers Lego sets.

1 hour ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

2 Outriders, Black Panther, and a likely unnamed civilian. 

Do you know if BP is T'Challa or Shuri? 

(I'm guessing T'Challa but I'd rather Shuri as I already have 2 T'Challa Black Panthers)

11 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Outriders - the Venom of Avengers Lego sets.

Breaking news: The Avengers Tower has been cancelled, and will now be replaced with a brick-built Venomized Outrider statue! Also, the price has gone up to $550. 

(This is a joke, please don’t get any ideas, LEGO). 

That gwp could make buying the tower on day 1 very tempting. Double vip points and probably 3 gwp's for the black Friday weekend. 

On 8/25/2023 at 10:59 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

On 8/25/2023 at 11:26 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

On 8/26/2023 at 5:11 AM, Buckethead said:

The only way I can imagine them repeating one from the CMF is if they're wearing a different costume, which I haven't seen any merchandise or evidence of. But then again, no one knew about Captain Carter's stealth suit when the Hydra Stomper was announced.

Wolverine with an epaulet-body wear. LOL.

On 8/26/2023 at 1:02 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wonder how much the minifigs will turn out on BL.

What's the worst that this set could be? All three minifigs from the CMF are repeated - there is only one new minifig and this will end up being repeated in a future set! LOL

That can possibly happen. Then it's instant death of the Lego X-men line. Sad.

Edited by hikouki

23 minutes ago, hikouki said:

That can possibly happen. Then it's instant death of the Lego X-men line. Sad.

I wouldn’t rule out X-Men sets completely if this happens. Let’s not forget that somehow DC still has sets coming next year. 😝 

5 hours ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

2 Outriders, Black Panther, and a likely unnamed civilian. 

This is an absolutely horrible figure choice. We're getting 4 minifigures, and it's 2 outriders, a character who never went to the avengers tower, and.... the random civilian is actually my favorite of them if true. 

I get that we can't have a ton of new prints, but why not do two chitauri, Captain America, and the waitress he saves? (This would also give us a second cap for the cap v cap scene)

5 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Anyone have a clue what Lego Minecraft Goat just put up? Is it like a Wolverine car?

I would honestly have preferred a wolverine car given the figure count.