Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, hvader said:

Wow they pushed Captain America to 2025... Will they delay the set too?

What?! *huh* So 2024 will be the first year without any sets based on a new MCU movie! Even 2020 still had the Black Widow set!

Hope they have some interesting Infinity Saga sets planned in 2HY to fill the gap.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

What?! *huh* So 2024 will be the first year without any sets based on a new MCU movie! Even 2020 still had the Black Widow set!

Hope they have some interesting Infinity Saga sets planned in 2HY to fill the gap.

Well they do have a movie planned for next year. But of course you're betting it won't get sets. And to fair you are probably right, but it be funny if they did because... You know ...

Though in all seriousness I think we can probably expect some what if S2 sets as that's still coming soon iirc and S1 got sets.

25 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Well they do have a movie planned for next year. But of course you're betting it won't get sets. And to fair you are probably right, but it be funny if they did because... You know ...

I‘m WELL aware :laugh_hard: But it‘s not gonna happen :tongue:

26 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Though in all seriousness I think we can probably expect some what if S2 sets as that's still coming soon iirc and S1 got sets.

Depends on whether S2 features Hulkbusters :tongue:

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Funnily enough we already got a S2 Hulkbuster set. :tongue:

…oh yeah, we did!! I forgot the Sakaar episode got pushed to S2 :laugh:

They could always release some comic based X-Men sets to loosely tie into Deadpool 3. 😁

Edited by psqidexslizer

45 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

They could always release some comic based X-Men sets to loosely tie into Deadpool 3. 😁

I really hope they do.

As much as I want more LEGO X-Men, there's no way in hell I'm buying a 359-piece set for 85€ (even on a discount).

22 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I dont want to be Mr. Negative™ over here but it doesnt look particularly good next to any modular

It would look better with the grey base as the first floor. 

58 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I dont want to be Mr. Negative™ over here but it doesnt look particularly good next to any modular

35 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It would look better with the grey base as the first floor. 

Another, probably cheaper, solution would be to put 8x32 sections on either side with idk, maybe a park to celebrate the fallen Avengers on one and a fountain on the other.

Though they have announced delays, I doubt that these are the final delays we'll get. Having four films in 2025 would be a mistake and go against the 'quality over quantity' they were pushing, in addition with two DC films (Superman legacy and The Batman 2) releasing that year I think it'd result in cannabilizing the box office so that would end poorly for everyone involved. I'd lean to Thunderbolts and Blade getting pushed back further.

As for the announced delays impacting Lego sets, mean we probably won't get an MCU set in 2024, other than legacy sets or comic inspired X-Men sets that have some overlap with Deadpool 3. The Captain America 4 sets we know about will probably be moved all the way till January 2025 and anything else that follows would also be pushed back to release closer to the associated film.

For those suggesting to fill it with comic-inspired X-Men sets, they cannot. Unfortunately production-to-set time is too long for them to impliment anything that would be able to released in time to fill the gaps.They could alter the release dates of non-MCU Marvel sets to space it out better, but they probably won't bother as they'll have other sets on shelves that will have people's attention.

On the bright side though next year gives us a few things fans have been asking for:

• A bunch of comic inspired X-Men characters
  • X-Men Mansion and the X-Jet
  • Spider-man Bust/Helmet to complete the trio
  • TASM2/NWH Lizard
  • Electro (Francis Fyre) that might come with a 'Star' mask people wanted for Electro
  • Arnim Zola
  • Another buildable villain, beng Green Goblin and his Glider
  • Possibly even Quicksilver

Which are all believed to be in the first third of the year. So hopefully the other sets will give us stuff to hype over in the meantime.

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Yeah, there's no connection with any nearby buildings because you don't have the Grand Central Station beneath it. Its too smooth visually and the colour scheme clashes too much. I think if it was STARK Tower then it would have blended in better. I don't think you could really display it near any of the other modulars without it looking out of place currently.

Edited by Scarilian

I'm not saying anything new, but the compatibility with modular is just a great added value. Pavement and dimensions make insertion easier, it doesn't matter if it actually fits well nearby. In my city it will have empty space on both sides, to give it the importance it deserves :-)

It's sad not to have MCU sets, also because they are the only 100% playsets (even if Antman 3 broke this tradition). I'll be fine with Infinity saga and x-men, as long as they have minifigures :-p

Edited by Legocentrico

Personally, I don't mind if we have a MCU-lite year LEGO-wise. Hopefully it allows them to get more creative with comic-inspired sets or MCU adjacent sets. As unlikely as it is to happen anytime soon, I very badly want a bigfig Man-Thing and the only way I realistically see that happening is probably a generic comic-inspired set rather than anything MCU related, especially after his Halloween special had to be postponed due to the strikes. The new Hulk body is perfect for him, all it needs is the whole thing to be molded in olive green including the "pants" part, a new molded head and a couple of leaf pieces attached to the studs on his back. A guy can dream...

At least we're finally getting X-Men sets again.

The Loki finale was beautiful. No other way to describe it.

That said, I don't think we could get any sets of it. I'd love some representation of that final scene, but I can't see how it could be pulled off in lego form. And I don't necessarily want a figure of that new outfit either, it would feel weird displaying that alongside the other heroes.

Just slot mobius in a CMF or something and I'm good.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I just saw the Marvels. I can understand why the Hoopty set is what it is - though it should have contained the main villain.

Tbh I would have bought the set straight out of coming out of the cinema if it was a reasonable price (at least 60% less).

Ms.Marvel is great. Put her in all the movies and give me more minifigs of her. Going to get her latest minifig asap either on heavy discounted set or just on bricklink.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

For those suggesting to fill it with comic-inspired X-Men sets, they cannot. Unfortunately production-to-set time is too long for them to impliment anything that would be able to released in time to fill the gaps.They could alter the release dates of non-MCU Marvel sets to space it out better, but they probably won't bother as they'll have other sets on shelves that will have people's attention.

It all depends on when Lego was notified the films would be delayed. Set production usually takes 1-2 years. So, they could probably get sets out by late next year. Of course, that’s assuming they would even want to release more sets in place of the delayed ones.

Not only is Captain America 4 delayed, but they are reportedly set to undergo reshoots for a 4-6 month period. Whenever we get the set, it might not be accurate to the film's events. 

Hopefully we get more X-Men sets next year as well with the series and Deadpool sequel releasing. We may not get MCU film sets next year (excluding Infinity Saga), but X-Men '97 and potentially Spider-Man Freshman Year sets could make for some really great sets. And fingers crossed on news of a new CMF.

Edited by Buckethead

4 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

It all depends on when Lego was notified the films would be delayed. Set production usually takes 1-2 years. So, they could probably get sets out by late next year. Of course, that’s assuming they would even want to release more sets in place of the delayed ones.

The concern is less filling the gaps at this point and more in overlapping resulting in a clustered release schedule and potentially massive gaps in late 2024 and early 2025.

The Thunderbolts wave of sets which would have released around November 2024 are now going to have to be delayed till July 2025.

The Fantastic Four wave of sets that would have been scheduled for January 2025 are probably going to be delayed to April/May 2025.

While the one or two Captain America 4 sets would release in January 2025, the Fantastic Four and Thunderbolts sets would now release within two months of each other and be on shelves at the same time.

We're also reaching the stage where they probably would have had to start early production on Kang Dynasty sets in order to meet the May 2025 release, only for that to be pushed back to May 2026.

They normally clear space for an Avengers film and have an entire wave dominated by figures based on Avengers... not sure what they'll do if/when Kang Dynasty or Secret Wars gets pushed back another year to 2027 and 2028 respectively, but we'll tackle that when we get there.

13 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Not only is Captain America 4 delayed, but they are reportedly set to undergo reshoots for a 4-6 month period. Whenever we get the set, it might not be accurate to the film's events.

The reshoots are probably for narrative purposes, characters and their designs should remain the same along with most of the locations. I would'nt worry about the sets lacking accuracy as such.

47 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The concern is less filling the gaps at this point and more in overlapping resulting in a clustered release schedule and potentially massive gaps in late 2024 and early 2025.

The Thunderbolts wave of sets which would have released around November 2024 are now going to have to be delayed till July 2025.

The Fantastic Four wave of sets that would have been scheduled for January 2025 are probably going to be delayed to April/May 2025.

While the one or two Captain America 4 sets would release in January 2025, the Fantastic Four and Thunderbolts sets would now release within two months of each other and be on shelves at the same time.

We're also reaching the stage where they probably would have had to start early production on Kang Dynasty sets in order to meet the May 2025 release, only for that to be pushed back to May 2026.

They normally clear space for an Avengers film and have an entire wave dominated by figures based on Avengers... not sure what they'll do if/when Kang Dynasty or Secret Wars gets pushed back another year to 2027 and 2028 respectively, but we'll tackle that when we get there.

I can’t see all those films, as well as Batman 2 and Superman Legacy all releasing in the same year. That’s just too many superhero films in one year. We’re probably gonna see more delays.

3 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I can’t see all those films, as well as Batman 2 and Superman Legacy all releasing in the same year. That’s just too many superhero films in one year. We’re probably gonna see more delays.

Yeah, it's just any delays of the 2025 films will impact Kang Dynasty and that'll impact Secret Wars... those are probably the bigger waves of Marvel Lego (I'd guess at least 4/5 sets per Avengers film) so having those delays would make things complicated. Especially seeing as they'll likely also be heavily guarded in regards to spoilers so we might end up waiting even longer for accurate sets.

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Cap 4 had been filming, Thunderbolts was next up in early production, meanwhile we still don't have a cast for Fantastic Four. So at least to me, F4 is highly likely to be pushed back, then we'll just have the 3 films in 2025

4 hours ago, NXS7 said:

Cap 4 had been filming, Thunderbolts was next up in early production, meanwhile we still don't have a cast for Fantastic Four. So at least to me, F4 is highly likely to be pushed back, then we'll just have the 3 films in 2025

I think you meant to say 2 films, since Blade will get delayed again (and again, and again).

18 hours ago, Scarilian said:

• Electro (Francis Fyre) that might come with a 'Star' mask people wanted for Electro.

Could be interesting. Although looking her up (I assume it's an Amazing Friends set?) if it was a physical piece it would probably be attached to her green hair, no? 

It was my first thought, but there is no way that the mask of the show could adapt to a classic electro comics, unfortunately...... in the meantime I saw The Marvels and it's not bad! There's a lot of megablocks that could have been avoided but - in my opinion - it's still better than Love and thunder, quantumania and wakanda forever

Now we're waiting for the discounts on the set... in Italy however it seems to be a Lego exclusive and until it arrives on Amazon the price doesn't drop :-/

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think you meant to say 2 films, since Blade will get delayed again (and again, and again).

Blade is being produced by whoever's currently in charge of Lucasfilm's movie production, apparently.

6 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

It was my first thought, but there is no way that the mask of the show could adapt to a classic electro comics, unfortunately...... in the meantime I saw The Marvels and it's not bad! There's a lot of megablocks that could have been avoided but - in my opinion - it's still better than Love and thunder, quantumania and wakanda forever

No offense- It's your opinion, after all, but I'm SHOCKED that you'd place the marvels over wakanda forever. I didn't think it was "pure cinema" like a lot of the fanbase (though I also thought Black Panther 1 was overrated and a pretty standard MCU movie), but it felt a lot more coherent to me than most of the post-endgame MCU. My ranking would be:

Excellent: No Way Home, Guardians 3

About standard infinity saga quality: Shang-Chi

Lower end of infinity saga quality: Wakanda Forever, Dr Strange MoM, 

Awful: Quantumania, Thor 4

I literally couldn't finish the film: Eternals

I forgot black widow was a movie until I looked up the marvel releases to make sure I had everything, so make of that what you will. Haven't seen the marvels, and don't plan on it.