Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

13 minuti fa, Moon_Knight ha detto:

Dopo aver ingrandito, sto notando che i capelli di Thor sembrano diversi dal solito pezzo di capelli con cui lo vediamo.

exabricklegogo on insta maybe found the hairpiece in the photo

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

It’s not the Thanos mold. Hulk has abs but Thanos does not. It looks like an entirely new body mold and a new hair mold.

Vision is up at the top with Wanda fighting Ultron.

It would make sense to create a new hulk body mold for future sets too.

The building looks pretty great at the moment, majority of the shaping is done well. Pretty much fits what I wanted of a modular looking Avengers Tower. Need to see the internal layout and see how much room you have.

The only issue I have with the building is that you can see a gap under the landing pad which feels like it probably could have been filled, though admittedly it may be related to how the tower splits or opens?

I probably would have liked Avengers Tower to be just a little bigger so you could have a larger 'A'. Ideally the gap in the top of the 'A' would be minifigure sized then you could replicate the Iron Legion arrival. It'd also make the replication of scenes a bit more accurate and allow for someone to make a slightly larger Quinjet or at least provide more room on the landing pad for the one currently included.

There's so few scenes that really have external forces interacting with Avengers Tower - and instead of really capitalizing on those, they've just shoved in a bunch of stuff tied to Stark Tower. The characters are primarily from Avengers 2012, the side builds, even the interactions displayed on the box.

Cannot really see too many details on the Chitauri vehicles. At the moment the Quinjet looks a bit off, not sure if it'll fit on the landing pad. Leviathan probably should be a bit bigger, but it'll probably scale 'ok' with a minifigure version of Hulk. Hopefully Quicksilver is in this set.

8 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

There's so few scenes that really have external forces interacting with Avengers Tower - and instead of really capitalizing on those, they've just shoved in a bunch of stuff tied to Stark Tower. The characters are primarily from Avengers 2012, the side builds, even the interactions displayed on the box.

But they're the same tower? I know they change the logo but you talk as if it's two different things.

I did also expect it to be slightly bigger (32*48 rather than 32*32) but that's partly because we keep talking about prices in $ but we don't know the £ price. And £s are bigger than $s so converting them in my head as if they're interchangeable was making me think it would be a bigger and more expensive set.

It looks good though.

It looks really good, and I like that they've managed to get horizontal windows, rather than the angled windows that many of the MOCs tend to have. It looks like it's going to be five floors tall on the inside though, and the 12 brick high floors just feel too tall for a LEGO building. The Daily Bugle already feels like it's ceiling heights are way too tall, and these will be taller again. At least they're not really shallow like the Daily Bugle. But from the outside it looks terrific, and with the bulk of the landing pad up top it's going to have a very satisfying presence. Looking forward to seeing more.

4 hours ago, Chris10 said:

Avengers tower has leaked!

Ok I have to admit the tower itself looks really good. My initial thoughts is that the Quinjet is highly unnecessary, the broken windows where Hulk is holding is too small compared to GG bursting out of the Bugle, and not having an actual Ultron Prime.

Also I'm really glad they didn't go beyond 32x32 baseplate.

Edited by LegendaryArticuno

2 hours ago, DaredevilFan said:

cap has boots (dual molded)

Are you sure? I can't quite tell if it's that or if it's the lighting

3 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Are you sure? I can't quite tell if it's that or if it's the lighting

Definitely not dual molded.

With this many window pieces... I wonder how scratched up they will be :pir-murder:

Edited by LegendaryArticuno

I think it looks pretty nice, but I do not think I'm getting it. Prices aside, it's way too big, and I don't think I could aesthetically fit it on my modular street.

Can't wait to see it in person on the Lego store, tho.

4 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Definitely not dual molded.

Thought as much, thanks

26 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Ok I have to admit the tower itself looks really good. My initial thoughts is that the Quinjet is highly unnecessary, the broken windows where Hulk is holding is too small compared to GG bursting out of the Bugle, and not having an actual Ultron Prime.

Also I'm really glad they didn't go beyond 32x32 baseplate.

I'm getting vibes that it's the scene from Avengers of Hulk sliding down the building with some wreckage. I don't think they were going for Hulk bursting out like GG in the Bugle. That being said, what they've done is probably not the best approach.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Wow, what a stunning set!! :wub: Absolutely fantastic model, that new Hulk is incredible, the Leviathan is well-realised for the size, and everything fits on a 32x32 baseplate :thumbup: Can‘t wait to see more pictures, especially of the interior! 

9 minutes ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

This part bothers me... it's so flat. A more gradual angle would've looked so much nicer.

image.png.fd3a2cb2552122bd68be36016476d73c.png

339843650_max.jpg

It's accurate, sorta, but they should bend inwards slightly as its more three curved pieces as opposed to a flat segment. Would probably require new pieces to replicate.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

But they're the same tower? I know they change the logo but you talk as if it's two different things.

The upper section seemingly had a repaint and the penthouse segment was added changing the design.

avengers-tower-mcu.jpg

• Stark Tower would have been potentially released as a set featuring the Chitauri, Leviathan and Quinjet along with the 2012 Avengers characters such with Nick Fury, Phil Coulson and Pepper Potts.
  • Avengers Tower could be its own thing, focused around scenes from AoU and FFH encorporating figures like Happy Hogan and Maria Hill.

I've seen Lego remake other sets with slight variations, so I think this could have worked, but does not seem likely we'll get a Stark Tower now.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I did also expect it to be slightly bigger (32*48 rather than 32*32) but that's partly because we keep talking about prices in $ but we don't know the £ price. And £s are bigger than $s so converting them in my head as if they're interchangeable was making me think it would be a bigger and more expensive set.

Sadly it seems like it's £470 according to the reddit page (Cannot link the page as it includes leaked images of the GWP)

7 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The upper section seemingly had a repaint and the penthouse segment was added changing the design.

• Stark Tower would have been potentially released as a set featuring the Chitauri, Leviathan and Quinjet along with the 2012 Avengers characters such with Nick Fury, Phil Coulson and Pepper Potts.
  • Avengers Tower could be its own thing, focused around scenes from AoU and FFH encorporating figures like Happy Hogan and Maria Hill.

I've seen Lego remake other sets with slight variations, so I think this could have worked, but does not seem likely we'll get a Stark Tower now.

Yeah I'll admit they are little more different than I remembered, still the same building in universe changed yes but I think they're still too similar to sell as separate concurrent sets at this price point. And let's face it Avengers 1 is a much more popular movie Age of Ultron. And the tower is more focal there too.

14 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Sadly it seems like it's £470 according to the reddit page (Cannot link the page as it includes leaked images of the GWP)

That is an oof. Rivendell was a $500 set but was only £430. And with VIP points I brought it down to the same price as the Lion knights castle (£345), I don't have as many saved up right now!

Now allow me to say something really stupid. But it'd be fun ( not accurate) if it said stark at the back,.

Honestly, my only gripe with the build is the lower part of the building that's missing. It just doesn't seem complete without it. I've seen quite a few MOCs that really make it look good. Seems like a pretty easy fix, though. I would've rather had the lower build than the leviathan and quinjet but even so, it would've required much more pieces than what those builds have and would've been pricier.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

The building looks pretty great at the moment, majority of the shaping is done well. Pretty much fits what I wanted of a modular looking Avengers Tower. Need to see the internal layout and see how much room you have.

The only issue I have with the building is that you can see a gap under the landing pad which feels like it probably could have been filled, though admittedly it may be related to how the tower splits or opens?

I probably would have liked Avengers Tower to be just a little bigger so you could have a larger 'A'. Ideally the gap in the top of the 'A' would be minifigure sized then you could replicate the Iron Legion arrival. It'd also make the replication of scenes a bit more accurate and allow for someone to make a slightly larger Quinjet or at least provide more room on the landing pad for the one currently included.

Cannot really see too many details on the Chitauri vehicles. At the moment the Quinjet looks a bit off, not sure if it'll fit on the landing pad. Leviathan probably should be a bit bigger, but it'll probably scale 'ok' with a minifigure version of Hulk. Hopefully Quicksilver is in this set.

Under the landing pad seems to be a new structural mould to stop the whole cantilever problem people like me have had to get around with MOCS  
The Entire landing platform acts as a brick seperator for the top floors of the tower when weight is on it So it straight up needs support throughout the whole of the floor.The Quinjet size will also reflects this not just the budget. 
The landing deck already is impossible with IRL physics so its no surprise they went the avenue of a new part. 

Also I Agree the with the A thing.My A is about 3ish studs bigger and its only barely big enough to fly a legion in through the door ive got lol

Overall im really Impressed and cant wait to see the Interior and grab the sticker sheet for my own. I love how my shitty drawing from a while back had the floor separation to a T. 4 Floors below the Flight Deck and then 2ish above.

Super curious if the back has a door like GB firehouse or even a lift using the new elevator rail elements. 

Also this 100% has to have a NO STAIRS Lobby scene mixed with the Americas megablocks Upper Lobby

14 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Yeah I'll admit they are little more different than I remembered, still the same building in universe changed yes but I think they're still too similar to sell as separate concurrent sets at this price point. And let's face it Avengers 1 is a much more popular movie Age of Ultron. And the tower is more focal there too.

That is an oof. Rivendell was a $500 set but was only £430. And with VIP points I brought it down to the same price as the Lion knights castle (£345), I don't have as many saved up right now!

Now allow me to say something really stupid. But it'd be fun ( not accurate) if it said stark at the back,.

Stark is iconic sure but Avengers tower has it beat by appearances/Cameos

Stark is in:
Avengers, Homecoming, Endgame, Hawkeye, Loki

Winter Soldier,Age Of Ultron,Dr Strange,Civil War,Homecoming, Infinity War ,FFH, What If,Loki

Edited by Ghostcat

Unrelated to all this but it looks like the magazine will be getting the Hoopty captain Marvel, which is a big W imo.

I currently only have the teal kree suit one from the poly bag so I'll try and get one, wasn't gonna get the Hoopty especially not for that price. Hopefully Ms Marvel will come too at some point but I won't plan on it.

This looks amazing!! He only thing that stands out to me rn that I dislike about the exterior is the lack of a grey first floor. 
The Minifigs that I see are: Ultron MK. 1, Wanda (seems to be a reuse), Vision, Hawkeye (A1), Nat (A1, I think, making the AoU version still exclusive to the bikes set), Falcon (brickbuilt wings instead of the Falcon Cap wing part, unfortunately), Tony, Fury (reuse), Loki (reuse), Wasp, micro Ant-Man (likely a reuse), War Machine (possibly a reuse), Hulk (with Thanos head!!), Thor (new hair, it seems), Cap (A1 reuse), Pepper (reuse with different hair), Helen Cho, and four Chitauri. Total: 21 (one Microfig and one Bigfig). Since we know that Kevin Feige and battle-damaged MK.VI Iron Man are in the set, that brings the confirmed total to 23. 

38 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Nothing saying a replacement sign for the A isnt included. Doubt it will be but who knows.

38 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Honestly, my only gripe with the build is the lower part of the building that's missing. It just doesn't seem complete without it. I've seen quite a few MOCs that really make it look good. Seems like a pretty easy fix, though. I would've rather had the lower build than the leviathan and quinjet but even so, it would've required much more pieces than what those builds have and would've been pricier.

Without the price getting further out of control, the lower part is unrealistic but I look forward to the MOC/MODs that add it in, as you say it's likely relatively easy to add in if you can fund the extra parts.

Cant wait to see more pictures of this thing! Great first impression so far!

So Wtf is the fig list then? 31 makes sense still

Cap
Tony
MK6 Battle Damaged
MK7 (Leaks said TWO new suits though so maybe MK7 is only in this via the "pod")
Widow
Hawkeye
Hulk
Thor
Loki
War Machine
Falcon
Ultronmk1
Wanda
Vision
Selvig
Cho
Fury
Pepper
Chitauri 1
Chitauri 2
Chitauri 3
Chitauri 4
Wasp(+Antman)
Feige

That gives enough space for a few Civillians inside, A coffee shop worker and a office guy or two makes sense, Hill would be easy to make with no new budget.

I feel Quicksilver and a Ultron would be on the box. 

Edited by Ghostcat

8 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

I feel Quicksilver and a Ultron would be on the box. 

Both the last two Marvel Modulars have significant minifigures not shown on the front of the box, so hopefully that’s the case here. That and I want it to include Ultron and Quicksilver. 

On a separate note, looking through the double doors on the bottom floor, it almost looks like there’s a minifigure with a black hood. Is that just me?

1 hour ago, upliftingbricks said:

Nothing saying a replacement sign for the A isnt included. Doubt it will be but who knows.

Without the price getting further out of control, the lower part is unrealistic but I look forward to the MOC/MODs that add it in, as you say it's likely relatively easy to add in if you can fund the extra parts.

Yes, great potential to MOC a new base for it. And then it might be taller than the Titanic is long!

1 hour ago, Rwbricks said:

Both the last two Marvel Modulars have significant minifigures not shown on the front of the box, so hopefully that’s the case here. That and I want it to include Ultron and Quicksilver. 

On a separate note, looking through the double doors on the bottom floor, it almost looks like there’s a minifigure with a black hood. Is that just me?

The reason for that is that they were displaying the figures for each film represented in the set. This box contains both Chitari and Ultron, meaning it isn’t bothering with that, so what we see is probably what we get.

(I don’t think the bugle had any missing figures, did it?)

Edited by CodFather1

4 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

The reason for that is that they were displaying the figures for each film represented in the set. This box contains both Chitari and Ultron, meaning it isn’t bothering with that, so what we see is probably what we get.

(I don’t think the bugle had any missing figures, did it?)

Miles, Spider Ham, Black Cat (who all appear on the back), Peter Parker, JJJ, Robbie, Betty, Ben Urich and Ron Barney

And if you need more evidence that what we see isn't all we're getting, no way this set doesn't include Iron Man