Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

34 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Adam Warlock minifig has leaked in the usual place! :thumbup:

Thanks. I think it looks great, its very detailed and seems to match the clips from the trailer. Presumably it will come with a cape as well. 

55 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Adam Warlock minifig has leaked in the usual place! :thumbup:

Looks pretty good. Hope this means more guardians stuff soon. 

2 hours ago, mrcngrck said:

looks like something from ninjago xd

Wait so that wasn't Ninjago? XD I  was just thinking how usefull that would be for Marvel.

6 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Wait so that wasn't Ninjago? XD I  was just thinking how usefull that would be for Marvel.

It’s obviously Adam Warlock, they even managed to perfectly capture Will Poulter‘s magnificent signature eyebrows! :sweet:

Nice minifigure in itself, although his suit in the movie doesn't look gold at all, and that kinda ruins it for me.

The gold on his torso and legs should've been another colour.

Adam Warlock looks great, I'm shocked he's actually getting leg printing since LEGO loves to skip out on that with Marvel. I assume he'll also get a cape that isn't shown here.

The design reminds me of white vision from the CMF!

I really like how it looks, very awesome.

Never cared too much about onscreen accuracy as long as it looks cool, so I see it as an absolute win.

a0f087589364afc73d9b25ce1bed7e7cce8fa460.pnj

The Skull necklace thing should be darker, it stands out way too much. Honestly similar vibe with the gold, it needs to be darker for the suit so it contrasts more with the head. They've went with option 2 or 5 for the gold on the suit while it should be option 3. Head feels fairly generic, but I've always found Will Poulter to have a very generic face. Hair should be flipped the other side, but I guess they did not want to mirror the hair flip piece yet. With so much detail on the body and legs, really should have went the full mile and giving us some arm printing. Unsure why they went with red hands unless he winds up with blood or gloves at some stage.

6wfxtrcxg0y91.jpg

14 hours ago, LegendaryArticuno said:

Your solution to this problem is... to make even more trash and poorly designed sets which buildable figures are notorious for. You don't fix an issue by making it even worse.

I don't think you've understood my remarks. I am not suggesting a fix or solution, I'm remarking on how if we get a Sentinel standalone set it won't be a UCS. If it happens, realistically, it'd be a buildable figure. The reasonings being scale, playability, marketability and cost. A UCS Sentinel is not going to happen anytime soon as it's not a popular enough concept and not currently in the public eye.

The only reason we had a Sentinel in the past was because it aligned with the release year of Days Of Future Past in 2014 and it also featured the X-Men Jet - both aspects popularised by the films and despite this they presumably did not selling well enough to warrant future X-Men sets.

Edited by Scarilian

35 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The only reason we had a Sentinel in the past was because it aligned with the release year of Days Of Future Past in 2014 and it also featured the X-Men Jet - both aspects popularised by the films and despite this they presumably did not selling well enough to warrant future X-Men sets.

Well, not necessarily. Starting around 2014-2015, Marvel allegedly didn't allow companies to produce toys for X-Men and Fantastic Four because they didn't want to promote films that weren't part of the MCU. Jonathan Hickman said they had a ban on X-Men comics for the same reason. So that could be the real reason we haven't seen X-Men sets since that one.

That aside, I remember hearing before that the Blackbird set sold very poorly.

Adam Warlocks face print looks pretty good. Love the hair choice. His torso and legs are really detailed so it makes the lack of arm printing really noticeable. For some reason I always find it jarring when torso’s and sometimes legs have so much detail and the arms have none it can look a bit funny like they’re wearing long sleaves with heavy armor or something lol. In his case I could see him just having his arms exposed? Like he has no sleeves? Because his arms seem to match his skin tone to my eyes, but maybe there’s a slight color difference there.  

And I know I’m late to the party but this X-Mansion rumor is annoying because I so wish it was true. I would otherwise think an X-Mansion would be popular enough to sell, especially given Lego’s willingness to make huge expensive Hulkbusters and character busts. This feels like a safer choice. While I have no doubt this rumor is fake, I could see us eventually getting a set or two for the X-Men animated reboot coming out this year. But I wouldn’t expect that till next year earliest.
Isn’t there a Deadpool 3 coming up as well? I heard rumors that may be in theMCU. while its R rating would likely not allow for a set to be released for it, I’d love for another Deadpool variant in a tie in comic set to be released in the same year.

39 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

“Black order ambush” :-O 

anyone know anything?

Where did you find that? *huh*

Edit: It‘s a custom set by fourstud, formerly known as CM4Sci :tongue: I knew that sounded familiar!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

20 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Where did you find that? *huh*

Edit: It‘s a custom set by fourstud, formerly known as CM4Sci :tongue: I knew that sounded familiar!

:-(

Adam has the same problem the Mk 85 has where the printed gold color isn't available as a piece color. He looks like he's wearing a sleeveless but they just can't make arms in that shade of gold.

Come on guys “printed arms”, “color tones”… we have an Adam Warlock minifigure, it is very detailed and true to the original.  I think this time we can be satisfied :-D

And in any case, as usual, with the official images it will look even better

49 minutes ago, Legocentrico said:

Come on guys “printed arms”, “color tones”… we have an Adam Warlock minifigure, it is very detailed and true to the original.  I think this time we can be satisfied :-D

And in any case, as usual, with the official images it will look even better

Totally agree. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I like it, it's very cool.

Though I can't get it out of my head that it looks like he's wearing reverse underwear or something.

Maybe he is. Who are we to judge?