BardDandelion

Norscan Mammoth

Hello!
Wanted to share my newest build inspired by Warhammer Fantasy Battle - Norscan War Mammoth.

Norscan War Mammoth

Building mammoth took my one week, base was created after in three evenings.
Next to it there are marching Norscan soldiers. Tried to combine parts from Vikings and Ninjago to make unique look of units from the game.

Norscan War MammothNorscan War Mammoth

Norscan War Mammoth

Hope you enjoy it! ;)

I don't really know the source material, but the build looks fantastic. I think I'd rather walk than ride on that though!

@MAB
Thanks a lot! Glad that you like my build. ;)
Warhammer is basically every crazy idea about fantasy or history that came to the minds of people in Gamer Workshop. There is basically everything. :D

Great diorama! I don't want to have the mammoth and the warriors as opponents.

Stomp stomp stomp! Fantastic work building this massive beast. NPU on the ears and bands around the legs. The scenery evokes a cold, Nordic feel.

6 hours ago, BardDandelion said:

@NOD Don't worry, other armies have their own types of big units. :D

@Feuer Zug Thanks a lot! Glad that you like it. :)

@natesroom Thank you! Had it in my mind for a while and finally managed to build it.

not sure if you have it but i would love to see a studio model of the elephant - was wondering how many pieces it took to build and would love to see the techniques

Nice usage of the CMF walnut tile here, and great overall shaping of the mammoth itself!  I'll have to get some of those quarter-round tiles in appropriate colors to do that mushroom technique, it's really effective.  Great MOC! :thumbup:

Your elephant is great, but what really stands out to me is the mushrooms on the tree trunk. I don't think I've ever seen someone do that before. And your technique works great!

@natesroom I'm not sure if it would work in stud.io. It's not built by the book, there are some tricky techniques.
@mrcp6d Thanks! Eyes of the mammoth were first thing that came to my mind when I opened nutcracker. :D

@LordsofMedieval Thank you! Finally someone who likes it. :D

@MKJoshA Thanks a lot! I think I'm doing that fungus technique since quarter tiles were introduced. :D

@Viper Knight Warhammer basically has everything in some form or shape - satanistic vikings, arthurian knights, three types of elves, four types of demons, German II Reich, hobbits, Aztec Lizardmen, Egyptian mummies, vampires, samurais, Chinese Empire, Middle East tribes, winged hussars riding bears, giants, orks, goblins, ogres, dwarves, dwarves but satanistic. :D

@AstroFalcon I have one more idea for it but it's 18+. :P

Ah, you're in Poland. Wroclaw? I'm studying Kawalers. It's solo work, I can only magistrate myself, but our krolestwo is nobility, so I try. I'll be ready for Poland in like 2 years.
What are those hussars on bears titled?

@Viper Knight Yes, Poland, but not Wroclaw.

Faction inspired by Middle and East Europe is called Kislev. It's north from Empire and it's first human kingdom in Old World that stands on the way of demons. It is ruled by Tzarina who is ice witch, other units are based on Polish, Cossacks and Moscovites.

I built diorama of Kislevian fighting Khorne demons, check my Flickr or ig gallery (link below).