Didn’t know where to post this, but I wanted to know why Lego doesn’t build a Lego store in an area, my nearest Lego store is an hour and a half away in another state, anyone know why?

"Lego brand stores" and "Legoland" are owed and operated by Merlin Entertainment. They stick to highly populated areas. Also, look for "Bricks and Minifigs" stores, they are Lego resellers.

2 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

"Lego brand stores" and "Legoland" are owed and operated by Merlin Entertainment. They stick to highly populated areas. Also, look for "Bricks and Minifigs" stores, they are Lego resellers.

#1 I live pretty close to like, the 2nd most populated city in my state, #2 I know about bricks and minifigs, but there are none in my state, only other Lego resell store i know is Atlanta brick company ( I live in Mississippi)

Presumably they don't think there is enough of a business case for a physical store compared to online.

5 hours ago, MAB said:

Presumably they don't think there is enough of a business case for a physical store compared to online.

Could be, maybe

12 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

I live in Mississippi

This will be your biggest issue I believe. From what I understand, the state of Mississippi is not the wealthiest, nor the most populated. I have noticed that LEGO stores appear to mainly be in upper end American shopping malls and areas. It appears your closest options are all at least a state away. I'm guessing LEGO probably doesn't think the market can support a store in your state. As work brought me to West Virginia, I feel your pain with not having a LEGO store close. West Virginia residents don't seem to have the interest or economic surplus to afford LEGO in the quantities required to keep a store operating.

17 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

Lego stores? News to me.

Population density may be a factor.  We have 3 stores.  We also have AFOLs who would drive an hour and half to shop at those stores.

8 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

This will be your biggest issue I believe. From what I understand, the state of Mississippi is not the wealthiest, nor the most populated. I have noticed that LEGO stores appear to mainly be in upper end American shopping malls and areas. It appears your closest options are all at least a state away. I'm guessing LEGO probably doesn't think the market can support a store in your state. As work brought me to West Virginia, I feel your pain with not having a LEGO store close. West Virginia residents don't seem to have the interest or economic surplus to afford LEGO in the quantities required to keep a store operating.

Yeah, nearest Lego store is in New Orleans 

6 hours ago, Jdrewg said:

Lego stores? News to me.

Yeah, me too

On 12/6/2022 at 11:28 PM, 1963maniac said:

While Legoland parks and discovery centers do have shops, they are seperate from the stores you find outside of those, regular lego stores have no relation to merlin.

We have 2 bricks and minifigs shops here in DFW and a few Lego official stores, as well as Legoland discovery centers.. but I remember the pain of living far from a Lego store from growing up in South Carolina.  Sorry that there's not one nearer to you.

Here in the Denver/Northern Colorado USA area we have two official Lego stores and three Bricks & Minifigs.  I feel pretty fortunate, but luckily for my wallet none are too close to me.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:28 PM, 1963maniac said:

I don't think this is true? Lego Brand Retail is a separate organization from Merlin Entertainments (which controls the Legoland Parks and Legoland Discovery Centers). This is part of why things like VIP points do not work at those locations—that's a program run by the separate Lego Brand Retail organization (which is part of The Lego Group). Merlin Entertainments is also owned by Kirkbi A/S (the Christiansen family's investment organization, which also owns The Lego Group) as of 2019.

On 12/8/2022 at 10:47 AM, Lyichir said:

I don't think this is true? Lego Brand Retail is a separate organization from Merlin Entertainments (which controls the Legoland Parks and Legoland Discovery Centers). This is part of why things like VIP points do not work at those locations—that's a program run by the separate Lego Brand Retail organization (which is part of The Lego Group). Merlin Entertainments is also owned by Kirkbi A/S (the Christiansen family's investment organization, which also owns The Lego Group) as of 2019.

Thanks for the info