Rui Miguel

[MOC] The Fellowship Of The Ring™ BrickHeadz Collection (LOTR Product Concept)

The Fellowship Of The Ring™ BrickHeadz Collection
(LOTR Product Concept)

By Rui Miguel

“Nine companions. So be it. You shall be the Fellowship of the Ring”

NlVxqIS.jpg

When I heard the news from Promobricks of the possible revival of The Lord Of The Rings LEGO Theme, I was like: “One does not simply revive LEGO LOTR” and I thrilled if this turns out to be true.

So during the past 2 weeks, I set myself the challenge to reimagine the Fellowship into BrickHeadz scale. I divided them into three different sets: the idea is to make that iconic silhouette when they are traveling and headed to Mordor. I think that would look cool to display, play and worthy of our collections. 

A little about the process: I use the piece count from Harry Potter BrickHeadz as an indicator of how many pieces I could use, to make it as realistic as an official release. But I must confess I feel like I cheated this time because I used certain parts in which the color has not been released yet and a lot of printed pieces.

If Frodo and Gandalf BrickHeadz are coming next year in January I wonder if the LEGO design team used on their versions any of these parts in these new colors. Can’t wait for 2023! Hope you enjoy my take on these BrickHeadz 😉

Gandalf™, Frodo™ & Legolas™

m9jCU0p.jpg

VTMRlmA.jpg

XAHGAaD.jpg

TAen29Y.jpg

EsDHD1y.jpg

Aragorn™, Merry™ & Gimli™

GXcznYL.jpg

cFDLw4F.jpg

mP1a3yP.jpg

E53mMyM.jpg

5btu5di.jpg

Bill, Samwise™, Peppin™ & Boromir™

Uj8oO7f.jpg

LqxX1dT.jpg

nY7IRHC.jpg

GPSc7nG.jpg

AnyWNgc.jpg

2ifskd0.jpg

UPDATE: The Witch-king Of Angmar Brickheadz (Product concept): here

One Brick To Rule Them All

If you haven't, check out my other projects

Star Wars Utapau Defense

Star Wars ROTJ 40th Anniversary TIE Interceptor

MARVEL SDCC Exclusive Ghost Rider Midnight Race

Edited by Rui Miguel

Nice, but I think this shows the issue if they do the whole Fellowship. 4x Hobbit figures that are exactly the same aside from a lock of hair here and there, just done in different colours and are identifiable through a different decorated 2x4 tile on the front.

23 minutes ago, MAB said:

Nice, but I think this shows the issue if they do the whole Fellowship. 4x Hobbit figures that are exactly the same aside from a lock of hair here and there, just done in different colours and are identifiable through a different decorated 2x4 tile on the front.

Never thought that way, but I see your point. The reference material of the characters they are the same in structure. But for example, I believe you can get more value here because you get more different colors and in never-before-released parts. The official Harry Potter Brickheadz set 40495 applies even more to the issue you are referring to. But this can be looked at how much you really like the characters and if want to complete the whole fellowship together. Then you can also just look from the perspective of how much the piece/rare value you can get from this set.

Initially, I had decided to make a 4 pack with just the hobbits but it looked too monotone. So spread them with the other ones to be more diverse in terms of scale and to push the purchase of all the collection (this is the marketing department speaking 😅). But thanks for the feedback ;) 

These are amazing.  Very true to the Brickheadz concept with some great custom prints and really nice shaping (especially on the beards). 

I think the only thing I would change up is your set combos.  While I appreciate the effort to diversify the offerings of each set, I would probably put Sam, Frodo, And Bill (excellent pony by the way) together, then Merry, Pippin, and Boromir, and then either pairs of Aragorn with Gandalf and Gimli with Legolas, or just those four all together.  That way you don't have all of the hobbits together, and you've kept to the groupings that are developed within the story, which I think is pretty typical to the Brickheadz strategy.

37 minutes ago, The Stad said:

These are amazing.  Very true to the Brickheadz concept with some great custom prints and really nice shaping (especially on the beards). 

I think the only thing I would change up is your set combos.  While I appreciate the effort to diversify the offerings of each set, I would probably put Sam, Frodo, And Bill (excellent pony by the way) together, then Merry, Pippin, and Boromir, and then either pairs of Aragorn with Gandalf and Gimli with Legolas, or just those four all together.  That way you don't have all of the hobbits together, and you've kept to the groupings that are developed within the story, which I think is pretty typical to the Brickheadz strategy.

Thank you @The Stad you are very right about those combo choices! How I didn't spot that! And fits perfectly with the story moments. But what's even worse is that the piece count matches even better! Look at these numbers:

Frodo + Sam + Bill = 339pcs
Merry + Peppin + Boromir = 350pcs
Gandalf + Aragorn + Gimli + Legolas = 610pcs (the professors of Hogwarts has 601pcs, just for comparison.) 

I will have these more in consideration next time I do brickheadz packs :) Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.

PS: I have one more LOTR BrickHeadz to reveal but I will do that Monday. And yes the Pony and Gandalf were the most challenging to shape. 

Wow... I DETEST every brickhead I have seen until now, but, but those have something about them. The hobbits are adorable and Gimli is just gorgeous :D

Edited by Gorilla94

50 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

Wow... I DETEST every brickhead I have seen until now, but, but those have something about them. The hobbits are adorable and Gimli is just gorgeous :D

Awesome @Gorilla94 glad you like them. I must confess I was always more of a CubeDude fan, and this was my first time getting into the BrickHeadz scale. It was challenging to make them but it pay off in the end. 😀

I’m totally not a fan off those brickheadz …, but these would make seriously doubt that opinion! Both the builds and packaging are amazingly attractive! Well done!

28 minutes ago, Moexy said:

I’m totally not a fan off those brickheadz …, but these would make seriously doubt that opinion! Both the builds and packaging are amazingly attractive! Well done!

Thank you so much @Moexy I appreciate it a lot 😀 I have one more BrickHeadz in store to reveal soon; I hope it surpasses more expectations as well. Cheers 😉

26 minutes ago, unclejeffie said:

I would buy instructions for those if you ever put theM on

Thank you @unclejeffie That's awesome to hear :) But unfortunately, I didn't develop instructions and it was a heavy decision for me because I like to share my MOCs with fans and deliver cool play experiences. But because I use certain pieces in specific colors that have not been released yet and the heavy use of printed pieces lead me to make this decision.

But the good news is that I made an extra BrickHeadz LOTR character to fill that void and I can assure you it will have free building instructions. I hope you will like the character I will reveal this Monday. 

🤐 I can share a clue about this character's identity: 

Spoiler

“Do not come between the Nazgul and his prey” 

17 hours ago, unclejeffie said:

I would buy instructions for those if you ever put theM on

The downside here is that nearly all of them rely on a 2x4 decorated tile that doesn't exist. Obviously here they are taken from the equivalent existing torsos but you'd still need to make decals to get them looking good.

9 hours ago, LordsofMedieval said:

If they were going to revisit the license, I'd rather have sets.

I was wondering when I would find this comment 😅 I know @LordsofMedieval I feel the same. I wanted to reveal a system set too, but I wanted to focus first on the Brickheadz at this point. 

I hope LEGO revives in full glory the theme as they did with the Harry Potter line. There’s a lot of potential in this license.

I have an idea in development it’s a small system set of 30€-40€ but it’s one of those I consider a “must have” type of sets 😅 hope this makes sense. Just wanted to say I’m also doing one 😉 I have system fans in my mind, always. But it’s scheduled to be published around January. 🙂

Edited by Rui Miguel

8 hours ago, MAB said:

The downside here is that nearly all of them rely on a 2x4 decorated tile that doesn't exist. Obviously here they are taken from the equivalent existing torsos but you'd still need to make decals to get them looking good.

Yes, I use as reference the original torso design, redraw and adjust to match the scale for bricks 1x3 and tiles 2x4.  But pieces for example:

- Part 78886 - Wedge 2 x 2 x 2 (Slope 65 Corner) In bluish-light grey used in Gandalf’s hat.

- Part 25269 Tile, Round 1 x 1 Quarter In dark brown Frodo’s hair and Gimli. 

These parts have not been released yet. I hope LEGO releases the wedge piece in this color on their Gandalf version 🤞

7 hours ago, MrLind said:

Wow… Great MOC

Thanks 😉

Edited by Rui Miguel

These look insane, you've done an amazing job on these Brickheadz packs!

Lego need to hire you for the Brickheadz team so we can have more LOTR packs in the future:laugh_hard:

This is very good, i tend not to put much attention to brickheadz, but yours are very nice.
Perhaps adding other things beside of terrain would improve the already great sets.
Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, Brick Clicker said:

These look insane, you've done an amazing job on these Brickheadz packs!

Lego need to hire you for the Brickheadz team so we can have more LOTR packs in the future:laugh_hard:

Awesome thank you so much, that means a lot to me. Are you the Youtuber, the real Brick Clicker? If you are I love your content it gives me a head start to start saving money for future sets. 😅 If you are not, I appreciate you regardless :) Cheers

41 minutes ago, Niku said:

This is very good, i tend not to put much attention to brickheadz, but yours are very nice.
Perhaps adding other things beside of terrain would improve the already great sets.
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your kind feedback 😉👍

Wow, the feedback is so welcoming. It's almost Monday and I feel the urge to publish the other Brickheadz I have in store. So I will post now here on Eurobricks on a different topic before anywhere else 😉

Dang! I thought these were real product shots! So well done with the designs and the box art!

Edited by Naijel

These are fantastic, now I’m not a fan of Brickheadz, don’t own a single one, BUT you’ve done an amazing job on them. Each is instantly recognisable. I noticed someone mentioned an issue with the 4 hobbits being almost the same, but isn’t that what Lego would appreciate, no real need for specific parts, just in different colours / prints. I also like that you’ve split the hobbits between the packs. Again something that Lego would do. Fans / collectors would have to purchase all the sets to get all the hobbits. Regardless of my thoughts these are excellently done. 

11 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

These are fantastic, now I’m not a fan of Brickheadz, don’t own a single one, BUT you’ve done an amazing job on them. Each is instantly recognisable. I noticed someone mentioned an issue with the 4 hobbits being almost the same, but isn’t that what Lego would appreciate, no real need for specific parts, just in different colours / prints. I also like that you’ve split the hobbits between the packs. Again something that Lego would do. Fans / collectors would have to purchase all the sets to get all the hobbits. Regardless of my thoughts these are excellently done. 

Thank you so much for your comment, I highly appreciate it 😉