MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, ArrowBricks said:

you never expanded on someone getting all 3 right?;) 

Lars Homestead, Mos Eisley set…

Did they confirm none of the sets were rebel ships, or just that there were other options than what we came up with (though I don't know anyone would have come up with Chewie)

1 minute ago, avengers777 said:

I've checked a couple of different places and I haven't seen any sets with a $130 price point. The only set with no information is 75357 and no one's put out a release window for that set. 

Ok, so it's probably not real then. Good to know.

2 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Awesome to get a location set that isn't MBS in a big set slot, that's pretty rare for SW, I really would've liked Rogue one/Rebels characters though.

Our only hope for Rebels lies with the Ahsoka sets, though at least there we're almost guaranteed a Sabine.

3 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Swamp Speeder is likely a buy from me, same with the Boba Fett mech because I'm a sucker for anything Boba Fett.

I must balance my love for Boba's design with my hatred of them implementing the mechs into SW sets.

6 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Might not be a bust, could be a full Chewie, but yeah, apparently we're getting a $200 Chewbacca. Anyone know if its the May D2C?

I genuinely want to know what the set designers are smoking. I take back what I said earlier, I'll take an X-Wing remake over that. 

Given Lego picked an obscure legion for the TX-130 last year they might as well go with something strange like the 442nd Siege Battalion since they're mostly just color swaps of the 212th Clones

2 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Speaking of, where is my battle for Mos Espa set!?

Exactly. So much cool stuff they could do with desirable characters, and instead we get a dusty temple with rehashes of book exclusive minifigs and boring insignificant background characters :tongue:

Between this and the Marvel list, 2023 has started to sour on me very quickly.

Just now, FoggyFate said:

Neither of those two.

Rebel ship, rebel ship, rebel ship!

Just now, Gontron said:

I genuinely want to know what the set designers are smoking. I take back what I said earlier, I'll take an X-Wing remake over that. 

Given Lego picked an obscure legion for the TX-130 last year they might as well go with something strange like the 442nd Siege Battalion since they're mostly just color swaps of the 212th Clones

They did start making some bricks out of plant oil, I guess they just never specified which "plants". :grin:

Or even just the 327th, which is where I'd put my money. Lets em re-use the macrobinocs mold.

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

So as far as currently know nothing is rumoured for Andor, TBoBF or TBB S2?

Or Survivor :cry_sad:. I just want a Cal minifig...

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Exactly. So much cool stuff they could do with desirable characters, and instead we get a dusty temple with rehashes of book exclusive minifigs and boring insignificant background characters :tongue:

Between this and the Marvel list, 2023 has started to sour on me very quickly.

It'd be a nice set, but I'd guess lego's afraid of anything big for TBOBF given that 2 people liked the show

2 minutes ago, Gontron said:

The 442nd is possible, but the Macrobinoculars make me think that we will get the 327th.
Also, there is no associated Clone Commander (Verd has not been pictured anywhere) or Jedi (Plo Koon is more strongly associated with the Wolfpack) that could appear if we get the 442nd. 

4 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It'd be a nice set, but I'd guess lego's afraid of anything big for TBOBF given that 2 people liked the show

Three! 🙂

So what happened to the rumored $35 starfighter from Mando s3? Did that turn into the $35 swamp speeder? What happened to the rumored $100 Fang Fighter vs Tie Interceptor? Did that turn into the $100 unknown/maybe Ahsoka series set?

1 minute ago, icm said:

So what happened to the rumored $35 starfighter from Mando s3? Did that turn into the $35 swamp speeder? What happened to the rumored $100 Fang Fighter vs Tie Interceptor? Did that turn into the $100 unknown/maybe Ahsoka series set?

Those are still coming, they're 1HY sets. We got a leaked generic mandalorian from one of them the other day.

5 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The 442nd is possible, but the Macrobinoculars make me think that we will get the 327th.
Also, there is no associated Clone Commander (Verd has not been pictured anywhere) or Jedi (Plo Koon is more strongly associated with the Wolfpack) that could appear if we get the 442nd. 

Gotta be the 327th. I hope so at least.

If lego makes a Verd figure I will officially submit the theory that their designers are trolling us. Watch the other unknown set be a UCS Geode.

10 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

Neither of those two.

Fine by me. After we got Aunt Beru last year I don't have much interest in a Lars Homestead set, and I'm all Mos Eisley'd out for the next few years.

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hey now, some of us have been waiting on that dusty temple for the better part of two decades!

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Those are still coming, they're 1HY sets. We got a leaked generic mandalorian from one of them the other day

When are they supposed to come out?

4 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Hey now, some of us have been waiting on that dusty temple for the better part of two decades!

THANK YOU! I've been wanting a Yavin set since I saw the prototype in that visual dictionary when I was a kid in 2011

1 minute ago, ArrowBricks said:

Madness, fairs thanks. 

Unless it's another character, what's left that we haven't guessed? 

3 minutes ago, QuietBricks said:

Ik people prolly gonna flame me for this but no P2 rex??

There's a pattern to it, just look at the facts.

In 2018, toxic LSW fans started harassing LEGO's social media guy about a 501st battle pack, and in 2020 LEGO released one.

Immediately after getting their wish they started harassing LEGO's poor underpaid social media guy about a P2 Cody, and in 2022 they delivered.

Ergo, it can be inferred there's a two-year turnaround from initial whinging to production, and that we'll likely see a new Captain Rex in the summer of 2024.

1 minute ago, Leaks and News said:

Reminder that the big D2C is a geonosis arena (I posted what I know already earlier on the thread)

I am going to boil you alive

5 minutes ago, Leaks and News said:

Reminder that the big D2C is a geonosis arena (I posted what I know already earlier on the thread)

Are the mods sleeping?

4 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

In 2018, toxic LSW fans started harassing LEGO's social media guy about a 501st battle pack, and in 2020 LEGO released one.

Immediately after getting their wish they started harassing LEGO's poor underpaid social media guy about a P2 Cody, and in 2022 they delivered.

Ergo, it can be inferred there's a two-year turnaround from initial whinging to production, and that we'll likely see a new Captain Rex in the summer of 2024.

Agreed. And immediately after he comes out, we'll hear complaining about their P1 versions, or Fox, or Doom, or Fordo.

5 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

The specificity of this one really got me. 

4 minutes ago, Leaks and News said:

With Jedi Bob, right??? 

3 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

You joke (I think), but it takes LEGO about 1-1.5 years to produce a set, so when adding the time that it takes for LEGO to see interest in a specific Minifig and finally release a set with said Minifig, the two-year turnaround time is actually fairly accurate. 

Also, NWH was released in 2021, and we are finally getting a spoiler set for it this year: 2021-2023 = two years. 

13 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Glad you and @Mandalorianknight finally get what you’ve been waiting for! :thumbup: Hope I don’t have to wait that long for my wishes to be fulfilled :laugh_hard:

Good thing I didn’t care for Andor though. Fans of that show must be fuming right now :laugh:

Yeah, this is a really lacklustre wave. Yavin IV sounds cool though, certainly a location that’s needed representation for a long time.

I find it hilarious that a buildable Chewbacca is actually happening, given how many memes / fake rumours have been floating about for ages. If it look great, then awesome! But I do wonder what sort of market exists for this sort of thing, I suppose the LSW design team were inspired by the BP Bust and upcoming buildable Captain America shield from Marvel. As for the Swamp Speeder, I’ll reserve my thoughts until we get confirmation that it’s not based on Kashyyyk. 

I don’t know, I thought Summer 2021 and 2022 were fantastic waves for this theme and was hoping for that trend to continue this year, but this is thoroughly underwhelming so far. And to top it off, the Dial of Destiny sets are going to be lacklustre too it seems? 

Fingers crossed the remaining sets are something worthwhile, I’m glad we’re indeed getting stuff on Ahsoka at least. Curious that mechs and microfighters will be running concurrently.

Edited by Kaijumeister

5 minutes ago, Retro Brick Reviews said:

Here’s the difference though. 
Phase 2 Rex was a MAIN CHARACTER in TCW Season 7,and made big appearances on Bad Batch and even Tales of the Jedi! Lego literally made every other character who played a big part in the end of season 7 OUTSIDE Rex!