Sign in to follow this  
jtooker

[MOC] Majisto's Magical Micro Workshop

Majisto's Magical Micro Workshop

Majisto’s Magical Micro Workshop

Set #6048 Majisto’s Magical Workshop was one of my favorite sets as a kid. So when LEGO announced their 90th Anniversary Micro-Scale contest, this set was at the top of my list. Click here for the link to my entry.

With the Workshop Open

I included as many features of the original set as I could at this scale. The building opens on a hinge. Both figures, Majisto and a Dragon Knight, are present. There is a table (unpictured), treasure chest, skillet on the fire and a ladder upstairs. I used the original 53° 3x1x3 1/3 slope to get the angle right on the roof.

I also submitted this to the Summer Joust’s 12x12 Vignette category.

If you enjoyed this creation, check out TomSkippy’s Dragon Masters Micro layout featuring all the Dragon Master sets in micro scale.

Dragon Masters Background

I created a simplified version of the Dragon Masters background to use for this. You are free to use them in your creations too.

Very nice, small rendition of this classic set.

I like that you have incorporated most important details and even play feature of opening it up. :thumbup:

I like this build, it's very fun and hits all the nostalgia notes.  I could see having a bunch of these buildings and recreating the old Lego promo pamphlet dioramas

These might be good sized buildings for Heroica too.

Edited by Triceron

Another fun mircoscale build! Had no idea LEGO had a contest like this going, but another great rendition of a classic set. I think what I particularly like here is the build of the roof, along with the use of those reddish-brown 4L bars as a stand-in for the spears, which works great at an impressionistic scale. I'd also be remiss if I didn't praise you for re-using those old blue dragon helmet accessory parts, which don't look out of place one bit! Obviously the original set had them as decor, but they still look properly scaled in this micro-rendition as well. Awesome work!