Very good model, and would be excelent for a open or model team contest, but I'm afraid I have to agree that this hardly can be said to be technic style... Apart from functions and a little brick stacking it seems to be very little technic. Might help if you replace most of the plate stacking with technic panels or something similar.

But you should have praise for making one of the best looking Lego rollers I've ever seen!

_ED_

4 hours ago, PassengerJet said:

Looks fantastic!

Thanks! 

11 minutes ago, Good old Lego builder said:

It looks very good! Well done!

Thank you!

6 hours ago, mpj said:

The model is awesome, but I really think it is not a Technic model, at least it is not built in the Technic style, so I don't know if it will be allowed in the contest.

In addition to Lego, I am fond of bench modeling. Therefore, the similarity with real cars, trucks, road rollers is very important to me. The Technic series is not distinguished by high detail in the design of models, the Model team series is very weak in terms of copying of technical solutions. I try to make functional models: with suspension, with functions, and at the same time, so that the models look like real ones. It is important for me that people say: "wow, is this really made of Lego?"
This model uses about 80-90% of the parts from the Technic series. I am very glad that I participated in the competition and gained experience and I will not be very upset if I am not allowed to participate in the competition.

47 minutes ago, LegoV94 said:

In addition to Lego, I am fond of bench modeling. Therefore, the similarity with real cars, trucks, road rollers is very important to me. The Technic series is not distinguished by high detail in the design of models, the Model team series is very weak in terms of copying of technical solutions. I try to make functional models: with suspension, with functions, and at the same time, so that the models look like real ones. It is important for me that people say: "wow, is this really made of Lego?"
 This model uses about 80-90% of the parts from the Technic series. I am very glad that I participated in the competition and gained experience and I will not be very upset if I am not allowed to participate in the competition.

This doesn't change the fact that this contest has a "no model team rule" as in limitation of "studded parts" to "some":

On 4/8/2022 at 8:07 AM, Jim said:

Some studded parts and panels are okay, but model team is not permitted.

And it's a Technic Contest. You are achieving the looks in a way that everyone else assumes is not permitted.

The roller itself along some required system parts for lights and mirrors could be accepted as "some studded parts and panels", but wheel arcs, side skirts, windows, ladders, roof accents etc, gets to a point where the model is around 50% model team approach when it comes to the looks/externals, which I believe we have consensus around here with others that noted this and are taking part in the contests, is not acceptable in context of this rule. If you want to count % of the whole build, it's obvious that pins and axles etc will inflate number of Technic parts as well as the beams which are still Technic parts, but you're using them as structure for system parts that allow you to perfect the looks in model team manner.

You need to decide whether 1) you're not okay with such restriction and not put this as a contest entry, 2) rework the model to the contest requirements OR 3) challenge our interpretation of that rule and ask @Jim about specific interpretation.

I actually believe that rule should be more precise as we can clearly see your example and some other WIP models had gone with some look defining system elements, but you could have asked about this in the discussion thread for the contest.

On 5/20/2022 at 7:40 PM, LegoV94 said:

This is a very difficult one, because I really love your model. And I totally understand you get better looks with a Model Team finish. However, this contest explicitly states no Model Team style building. For me (and other people, looking at the posts) this model crosses the line. The contest is about Technic, so the model should be like a model you will find in the Technic theme. Therefore, some System parts are allowed, but the model should definitely be Technic.

I recommend keeping the base and try to make a Technic version to enter the contest. I think your model would still be a great entry.

17 hours ago, Jim said:

I recommend keeping the base and try to make a Technic version to enter the contest. I think your model would still be a great entry.

I had to change the whole concept of the model. now it looks like this:

Road roller

Awesome!!!!

And to be honest; I like this one better. I like Model Team or Scale Modeling, as long as it's done 100%. Not a big fan of hybrid solutions (hybrid bodywork that is).

1 minute ago, Jurss said:

It is even better I think.

Exactly!

Wow! I was afraid replacing the System would destroy this model, but it still looks great!

6 hours ago, Philtech said:

Wow, that looks really great and realistic!

Thanks! 

The model is placed in a box measuring 28x18x19 stud. 

Road roller

road roller on a trawl semi-trailer

KamAz-5410 & Road roller

This looks to be a really great model. I wouldn't have expected someone to build a road roller, so that's a nice original entry there :) I like how there's a lot of interesting non-standard part usage and pieces at weird angles. I think the angled sides are interesting panel usage, and I like how you used the big white defender wheel arch piece, without it looking out of place. The angled small wheel arches are nice too. I also like the usage of the brickheadz glasses and the hexagonal glass pieces on the sides. The small red and yellow bits really help add a touch of color.

There is still quite some system building, but I'm glad you changed it to be more Technic, because otherwise I would have had a hard time accepting it as an entry (even though it was equally good as a model by itself). But I like how you found a build that both complies with the competition, and still looks great visually.

50 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

This looks to be a really great model. I wouldn't have expected someone to build a road roller, so that's a nice original entry there :) I like how there's a lot of interesting non-standard part usage and pieces at weird angles. I think the angled sides are interesting panel usage, and I like how you used the big white defender wheel arch piece, without it looking out of place. The angled small wheel arches are nice too. I also like the usage of the brickheadz glasses and the hexagonal glass pieces on the sides. The small red and yellow bits really help add a touch of color.

There is still quite some system building, but I'm glad you changed it to be more Technic, because otherwise I would have had a hard time accepting it as an entry (even though it was equally good as a model by itself). But I like how you found a build that both complies with the competition, and still looks great visually.

Thanks! this model differs from my other models in the style of construction. But I'm happy with the result.

Hi @LegoV94

First, I will join the others and say that this is a beautifully looking roller, and I am glad to see one in this contest!

We have noted that you have post the pictures of this model in the entry topic with the full diorama and with your Kamaz truck and trailer, as a part of your entry.
Unfortunately, that is against the rules, and we have to ask you to post only the pictures of the model itself. 

You are free to use your discussion topic to show how it would look with additional elements, but for the entry topic, we need to have just the model itself. Otherwise, you would have an unfair advantage, especially with such a beautiful truck and road elements :wink:

What a superb entry! And yes, as stunning as the System version is, you've somehow managed to make the Technic version even better.

40 minutes ago, Milan said:

Hi @LegoV94

First, I will join the others and say that this is a beautifully looking roller, and I am glad to see one in this contest!

We have noted that you have post the pictures of this model in the entry topic with the full diorama and with your Kamaz truck and trailer, as a part of your entry.
Unfortunately, that is against the rules, and we have to ask you to post only the pictures of the model itself. 

You are free to use your discussion topic to show how it would look with additional elements, but for the entry topic, we need to have just the model itself. Otherwise, you would have an unfair advantage, especially with such a beautiful truck and road elements :wink:

Thanks for warning! I corrected all the photos in the entry topic! 

14 minutes ago, suffocation said:

What a superb entry! And yes, as stunning as the System version is, you've somehow managed to make the Technic version even better.

I didn't expect it to be so good :)

Photos not included in the main application:

Photo for eurobricksRoad rollerRoad rollerRoad rollerKamAz-5410 & Road rollerPhoto for eurobricks

8 minutes ago, LegoV94 said:

Thanks for warning! I corrected all the photos in the entry topic! 

Awesome! Looking good!