Truck, Forklift, Trailer and Pallets for Load Zone / Rig & Roll competition. 8 PoweredUp motors in a very compact design. Controlled by PU remote and Pybricks, no device. It was a lot of fun to design, build and is a lot of fun to play with.

Truck heavily inspired by the Seahorse Truck of Mahj, redesigned from the ground up.
Forklift lift design by Jovlem/Appie-NL and adapted.

Free building instructions per model and python code for Pybricks on Rebrickable:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-105435/Berthil/load-zone-rig-and-roll/

Beautifully executed, thanks for sharing also the BI! Using the PUP remote with PyBricks is an elegant solution, better than needing the smart device in between.

I said it before in @mahjqa's post, I really want to get in on this, looks like so much fun. But it looks so expensive... Rebrickable says "The approximate cost of these parts is €1,142.43"  :cry_sad: Although I guess that includes the cargo too...

Edited by lcvisser

7 minutes ago, lcvisser said:

Beautifully executed, thanks for sharing also the BI! Using the PUP remote with PyBricks is an elegant solution, better than needing the smart device in between.

I said it before in @mahjqa's post, I really want to get in on this, looks like so much fun. But it looks so expensive... Rebrickable says "The approximate cost of these parts is €1,142.43"  :cry_sad: Although I guess that includes the cargo too...

Thanks! Rebrickable tends to be too high with price estimation, that is for everything and the truck has many metallic silver parts and some chrome. For the air filter/petrol tank I used the sticker residu of the Space Shuttle! And of course there are 8 PU motors, 2 hubs and a PU remote. It's a lot of fun though, especially in the competition.

@Berthil I agree. Rebrickable lists 1,80 EUR for LEGO 75535, while average used price on Bricklink is 0,21 EUR for example lol.

I think one could compete with a lot less money involved, just get a bit creative!

Edited by Gray Gear

6 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

@Berthil I agree. Rebrickable lists 1,80 EUR for LEGO 75535, while average used price on Bricklink is 0,21 EUR for example lol.

I think one could compete with a lot less moeny involved, just get a bit creative!

These are in the atomic bomb from Mission Impossible. I couldn't live with the 2L connector with slit here but if others can, no problem :)

@Berthil I get what you are saying, but I wasn't talking about the updated mould. The old mould without a slot has a average used price of 0,21 EUR on Bricklink. Average new price is 1,30 EUR. Rebrickable just has an inflated price for whatever reason, but i guess they calculate with new Bricks?

Beautiful builds with nice motorization, seems to work smoothly. I like the one-click load/unload instructions, cool idea with great potential!

These are some great models with excellent functionality. I'm especially charmed by all the cargo.

Amazing work, this should be an official Lego set. Didn't know you could use that remote with those hubs; guess I'll definitely have to check out PyBricks (as I don't really like controlling with my phone).

Great humor: fish tank, atom bomb next to each other.

Also great that you made the instructions freely available although I won't be able to make it myself as I'm missing most of the system parts.

Thank you all!

I've updated the Trailer with a better working Brake. All related files have been updated.

Wow, this is insane!

The "thing" for me is: PoweredUp/PyBricks with super Technic MOCs at their best. Try that with PF (I am still in love with but ...)

Thank you very much for sharing, particularly the things you can do with "on-the-fly" PUp stuff.

Best,
Thorsten