NoOneOfImportance

Ongoing Transformers Rumors and Discussion

47 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'd be happy to be wrong about it continuing under the Icons theme

10335 and 10337 (1506 pieces) in the Icons theme are codenamed as 'Vehicle' with 10337 intended for a July release. Original release of Transformers: One was July 19th 2024...

I think if we're getting Transformers in the icon sets we know about, then it's probably 10337 given the piece count similar to Optimus (1508 pieces) and maybe 10335. There's other icon sets which don't yet have codenames, but the piece counts on those are 950 and 608 respectively.

20 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

10335 and 10337 (1506 pieces) in the Icons theme are codenamed as 'Vehicle' with 10337 intended for a July release. Original release of Transformers: One was July 19th 2024...

I think if we're getting Transformers in the icon sets we know about, then it's probably 10337 given the piece count similar to Optimus (1508 pieces) and maybe 10335. There's other icon sets which don't yet have codenames, but the piece counts on those are 950 and 608 respectively.

Yup- those are exactly the ones I was looking at. I don't want to let myself hope for both, but you never know. Though the codename being "vehicle" would solidify that neither of them are transformers one based. 

10337 would be another one around optimus's size- I could still see G1 megs, but evergreen scale is variable enough with this franchise that it could be pretty much any voyager-leader class autobot or decepticon. If this is the transformer, we can pretty much only rule out Bumblebee, Arcee, and other smaller autobots. (Cliffjumper with middle finger articulation when?)

10335's piece count being unknown widens that even farther, since it could be Bee or Arcee. Getting two a year would be excellent, since it'd at least let us get each side's most popular 4 or 5 characters within a reasonable timeframe. 

Also, not to keep harping on my belief that they won't be for transformers one (And I want to side note- I still have hopes for that film despite how monumentally dumb the fact they can't transform for most of it feels to me. A lot of the pre-war cybertron stories have been excellent), but we didn't get anything to tie-in with the live action movie last year- so while it's possible 2024's transformer(s?) releases near the film as a bit of connective marketing, I highly doubt the set was produced as a tie-in.

Which transformers do you guys want to see in general, say, your 5 most wanted for each side?

Autobots: Bee, Arcee, Ratchet, Wheeljack, and either Elita or Jetfire. (Though I think Grimlock is more likely than the last couple there). I also wouldn't mind Prowl, and Ironhide would be nice, though since he'd essentially be a Ratchet recolor I'd prefer the above.

Decepticons: Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, Shockwave, and... the cons don't have as many iconic g1 type designs as the autobots. I wouldn't want and don't think lego would sell a recolor unless it was some sort of exclusive, which rules out Skywarp and Thundercracker. I'm gonna go with a mix of the bayverse and G1 aesthetics and say Brawl or Blackout depending on what they make megs (I do honestly think they'll bend the tank policy here, even if they sci-fi em up a bit- it's not fig-scale, not going to accurately resemble a specific tank, and is very clearly a transformer). Blitzwing would be absolutely incredible to see, though I wonder if that's even possible to do in lego at this scale.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Which transformers do you guys want to see in general, say, your 5 most wanted for each side?

Optimus is lonely and needs some G1 company…

Autobots: Jazz, Grimlock, Jetfire, Hound, Ratchet

Decepticons: Soundwave (must also include cassette tapes Ravage and Laserbeak), Megatron, Devastator, Starscream (although I also like Skywarp), and finally a triple changer either Astrotrain or Blitzwing. 

ANY of the above would be a wonderful addition to the LEGO Transformers line. Keep them coming… G1 only please! 

In terms of Transformers that I want to see (G1 specifically), from the Autobot side, Sideswipe or Prowl or Trailbreaker or even Grimlock might be cool and on the Decepticon side there is Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream or Astrotrain as cool options.

If they can't find a way to do Megatron without violating the "no military/weapons" policy then Soundwave would be the obvious best pick for a Decepticon (since he is 100% not military or a weapon)

14 hours ago, jonwil said:

In terms of Transformers that I want to see (G1 specifically), from the Autobot side, Sideswipe or Prowl or Trailbreaker or even Grimlock might be cool and on the Decepticon side there is Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream or Astrotrain as cool options.

If they can't find a way to do Megatron without violating the "no military/weapons" policy then Soundwave would be the obvious best pick for a Decepticon (since he is 100% not military or a weapon)

Prowl would be another cool one, and Grimlock feels like he's for sure going to be one of the next 3-4 transformers they do. 

I really believe we'll see a "cybertronian" tank megatron, but if we don't, I agree Soundwave would be the next most likely 'con. Immensely popular, a primary decepticon, and the cassettes give him a major boost to playability+ the opportunity for an expansion pack.

On 1/25/2024 at 9:31 PM, BitByBrick said:

Optimus is lonely and needs some G1 company…

Autobots: Jazz, Grimlock, Jetfire, Hound, Ratchet

Decepticons: Soundwave (must also include cassette tapes Ravage and Laserbeak), Megatron, Devastator, Starscream (although I also like Skywarp), and finally a triple changer either Astrotrain or Blitzwing. 

ANY of the above would be a wonderful addition to the LEGO Transformers line. Keep them coming… G1 only please! 

I agree G1/Evergreen should be the main focus, though I think a Bayverse Prime or if they were somehow able to do a beast wars Primal/Megatron would do well.

Jazz is a good shout- Optimus's lieutenant, and a pretty cool character in his G1 style.

I don't know how they'd pull off Devastator without either making it completely out of scale with Prime or somewhere near $1000. Astrotrain and Blitzwing would also be nigh-impossible to make triple-changers out of, but they would be cool.

Think my wishlist would be Bumblebee, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Red Alert and Arcee? Though that is a lot of white and red. if I stop tempering my expectations (though sticking with G1) think we say Hot Rod, Arcee, Goldbug, Red Alert, Hound? Just five is difficult. Want more girls, want Swerve, want maybe some things outside of G1

A realistic list has Grimlock on it for sure. I would almost bet on just Bee and Grimlock before the line ends

Cons are easier for us. Soundwave with at least Laserbeak*, Starscream (with three alternate faceplates because they are very expressive and mocs of seekers), Megatron turning into the Animated copter (it will be a tank or nothing), Shockwave (is probably also a tank) and... crosses a few military vehicles off list uhhh one of the Insecticons. Rival for the Grimlock

*would like Ravage n one of Rumble or Frenzy and then one can make easy MOC colour swaps of them and Buzzsaw. or Maybe a booster pack of those left out of Soundwave including Ratbat who is the least realistic ask here)

They did Voltron, they could do a slightly larger G1 Devastator if they really wanted. Although the other combiners would be a lot easier, they're not so iconic

8 hours ago, Artanis I said:

They did Voltron, they could do a slightly larger G1 Devastator if they really wanted. Although the other combiners would be a lot easier, they're not so iconic

If they did Devastator. They might not have robot modes. As even modern 3rd party Devastators have trouble with Long Haul since he makes the most important part of the combiner.

On 1/27/2024 at 12:20 AM, CowabungaCat said:

Think my wishlist would be Bumblebee, Ratchet, Wheeljack, Red Alert and Arcee? Though that is a lot of white and red. if I stop tempering my expectations (though sticking with G1) think we say Hot Rod, Arcee, Goldbug, Red Alert, Hound? Just five is difficult. Want more girls, want Swerve, want maybe some things outside of G1

A realistic list has Grimlock on it for sure. I would almost bet on just Bee and Grimlock before the line ends

Cons are easier for us. Soundwave with at least Laserbeak*, Starscream (with three alternate faceplates because they are very expressive and mocs of seekers), Megatron turning into the Animated copter (it will be a tank or nothing), Shockwave (is probably also a tank) and... crosses a few military vehicles off list uhhh one of the Insecticons. Rival for the Grimlock

*would like Ravage n one of Rumble or Frenzy and then one can make easy MOC colour swaps of them and Buzzsaw. or Maybe a booster pack of those left out of Soundwave including Ratbat who is the least realistic ask here)

I really hope they do Wheeljack at some point, he's my favorite Autobot. Red alert, though, may not show up- he's not really in that top tier of characters, so unless they really up production to something like 4-5 a year, I unfortunately think we'll miss out on him. Hot Rod is definitely possible too. 

As for more female ones- I think Elita might actually be pretty likely, being the second most well-known, since lego has been pushing to put more female characters in things. I certainly wouldn't complain about getting her though- she's essentially a second Optimus Prime and needs to be more prominent in media than she is.

On 1/27/2024 at 5:17 AM, Artanis I said:

Voltron is just lions that combine into a single large mech, right? Devastator has the issue of robots/vehicles/large robot, and most of the vehicles aren't as much of a block as the voltron lions.

On 1/27/2024 at 1:31 PM, Takanuinuva said:

If they did Devastator. They might not have robot modes. As even modern 3rd party Devastators have trouble with Long Haul since he makes the most important part of the combiner.

Which makes me think we won't see Devastator as a traditional transformer. Maybe some sort of smaller 3-in-1 model, I dunno.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I really hope they do Wheeljack at some point, he's my favorite Autobot. Red alert, though, may not show up- he's not really in that top tier of characters, so unless they really up production to something like 4-5 a year, I unfortunately think we'll miss out on him. Hot Rod is definitely possible too. 

As for more female ones- I think Elita might actually be pretty likely, being the second most well-known, since lego has been pushing to put more female characters in things. I certainly wouldn't complain about getting her though- she's essentially a second Optimus Prime and needs to be more prominent in media than she is.

Voltron is just lions that combine into a single large mech, right? Devastator has the issue of robots/vehicles/large robot, and most of the vehicles aren't as much of a block as the voltron lions.

Which makes me think we won't see Devastator as a traditional transformer. Maybe some sort of smaller 3-in-1 model, I dunno.

Oh yeah zero percent chance of Red Alert, pure wishlist pick.

Definitely agree on she should be more prominent, maybe the one thing we like about the upcoming movie thus far

Devastator definitely feels like it would have to be a very different beast to Optimus like you say

As long as Megatron gets made I'm happy, but lego has a habit of not making the main villain.

It would be like not releasing Robotnik, Bowser, Skeletor or Cobra Commander but still doing the main hero.

I think tank Megatron could absolutely work

LEGO has done plenty of sci-fi vehicles that they call "tanks" and if they copied the movie Tank version rather than the older version that looks like someone took an army tank and gave it a new coat of paint and some logos, it would probably be acceptable. (or at least as acceptable as the things called "tanks" from Ninjago, Star Wars etc)

On 1/29/2024 at 9:08 PM, CowabungaCat said:

Oh yeah zero percent chance of Red Alert, pure wishlist pick.

Definitely agree on she should be more prominent, maybe the one thing we like about the upcoming movie thus far

Devastator definitely feels like it would have to be a very different beast to Optimus like you say

At least we're semi likely to get the mold if the line continues- sideswipe, Mirage, etc all use it IIRC.

I dunno- I feel like Scarlett Johannsson is a weird choice to voice her.

On 1/30/2024 at 7:06 AM, steveholt said:

As long as Megatron gets made I'm happy, but lego has a habit of not making the main villain.

It would be like not releasing Robotnik, Bowser, Skeletor or Cobra Commander but still doing the main hero.

I have hope we'll see him. We might see Bee and Soundwave first- Bee's probably the second most iconic transformer now, and Soundwave has some excellent GWP/expansion pack potential with his many Casseticons- but I feel like Megatron can be done pretty well.

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

I think tank Megatron could absolutely work

LEGO has done plenty of sci-fi vehicles that they call "tanks" and if they copied the movie Tank version rather than the older version that looks like someone took an army tank and gave it a new coat of paint and some logos, it would probably be acceptable. (or at least as acceptable as the things called "tanks" from Ninjago, Star Wars etc)

I agree, throw on a bit more purple or red than normal, make the tank's turret a little more sci-fi, etc, and they're golden.

On 2/3/2024 at 1:21 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

At least we're semi likely to get the mold if the line continues- sideswipe, Mirage, etc all use it IIRC.

I dunno- I feel like Scarlett Johannsson is a weird choice to voice her.

I have hope we'll see him. We might see Bee and Soundwave first- Bee's probably the second most iconic transformer now, and Soundwave has some excellent GWP/expansion pack potential with his many Casseticons- but I feel like Megatron can be done pretty well.

I agree, throw on a bit more purple or red than normal, make the tank's turret a little more sci-fi, etc, and they're golden.

Just Sideswipe, Mirage was an entirely different kind of car (while Sunstreaker was the same car and their canonical brother but built different) but Sideswipe is somewhat likely. A car license both Transformers and Lego have gotten, not the most popular Transformer but a classic design who gets a lot of points simply for being a pretty red Countach. Then there are some other colours

All of the VA castings in that movie feel very "names that might attract people seeing the poster/trailer", I am only happy for Elita the VAs are part of the weariness

G2 Tank G2 Tank G2 Tank G2 tank (not happening or what many would want but casting spells to make it reality)

I honestly think that if the two “vehicle” code named icons sets are indeed Transformers. Imma bet that the smaller one is Bumblebee and the larger one is Megatron since they are probably the two most popular and iconic transformers that aren’t Optimus. And they are both appearing in Transformers One.

I just hope that they don’t do G1 design bumblebee as i honestly think that his more modern appearances, specifically the 2018 Bumblebee movie, better. Especially with the head horns being replaced by more bee looking Antennae.

On 2/4/2024 at 2:47 AM, CowabungaCat said:

Just Sideswipe, Mirage was an entirely different kind of car (while Sunstreaker was the same car and their canonical brother but built different) but Sideswipe is somewhat likely. A car license both Transformers and Lego have gotten, not the most popular Transformer but a classic design who gets a lot of points simply for being a pretty red Countach. Then there are some other colours

All of the VA castings in that movie feel very "names that might attract people seeing the poster/trailer", I am only happy for Elita the VAs are part of the weariness

G2 Tank G2 Tank G2 Tank G2 tank (not happening or what many would want but casting spells to make it reality)

My bad. I thought they molded him as one of the Lambros in the WFC trilogy, but you're right, he's still a formula one type.  I agree Sideswipe's pretty likely too, he and Prowl are what I think of in terms of "generic autobot".

True- though we are now hearing some positive stuff- I'm surprised it's supposedly PG-13, and the test results sound good too.

Yeah, I don't think we see G2 tank. There's "he needs a bit more color", and then there's the Toxitron collection. G2 megatron isn't much more likely than Banana Grimlock, Orange Jazz, or Watermelon Mirage.

12 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I honestly think that if the two “vehicle” code named icons sets are indeed Transformers. Imma bet that the smaller one is Bumblebee and the larger one is Megatron since they are probably the two most popular and iconic transformers that aren’t Optimus. And they are both appearing in Transformers One.

I just hope that they don’t do G1 design bumblebee as i honestly think that his more modern appearances, specifically the 2018 Bumblebee movie, better. Especially with the head horns being replaced by more bee looking Antennae.

I'm pretty confident Bumblebee would be G1 bumblebee. We got G1 prime, and while Movie bumblebee is maybe more iconic, it'd also be near-impossible to make transform at that scale and look as close to the actual model in both car and bot mode as hasbro would want. Horn bumblebee also seems to be making a comeback, there was a little bit there (Prime, really) where he had more of a movie design in other media, but in the WFC trilogy, Cyberverse, Earthspark (I think, I haven't seen it), and most legacy merch, he's got the horns. The only place the movie design is continuing is the movies, and that's likely just a holdover from Bumblebee originally being set in the Bayverse and ROTB being a direct sequel to bumblebee and as such keeping most of the same general design ideas.

That said, I think Bumblebee and Megatron's pretty likely. It's possible lego chickens out on Megs being a tank and does Soundwave or Starscream instead, but I think they'll pull through- Megatron is iconic enough that I think they'll get past the tank reservations.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My bad. I thought they molded him as one of the Lambros in the WFC trilogy, but you're right, he's still a formula one type.  I agree Sideswipe's pretty likely too, he and Prowl are what I think of in terms of "generic autobot".

True- though we are now hearing some positive stuff- I'm surprised it's supposedly PG-13, and the test results sound good too.

Yeah, I don't think we see G2 tank. There's "he needs a bit more color", and then there's the Toxitron collection. G2 megatron isn't much more likely than Banana Grimlock, Orange Jazz, or Watermelon Mirage.

I'm pretty confident Bumblebee would be G1 bumblebee. We got G1 prime, and while Movie bumblebee is maybe more iconic, it'd also be near-impossible to make transform at that scale and look as close to the actual model in both car and bot mode as hasbro would want. Horn bumblebee also seems to be making a comeback, there was a little bit there (Prime, really) where he had more of a movie design in other media, but in the WFC trilogy, Cyberverse, Earthspark (I think, I haven't seen it), and most legacy merch, he's got the horns. The only place the movie design is continuing is the movies, and that's likely just a holdover from Bumblebee originally being set in the Bayverse and ROTB being a direct sequel to bumblebee and as such keeping most of the same general design ideas.

That said, I think Bumblebee and Megatron's pretty likely. It's possible lego chickens out on Megs being a tank and does Soundwave or Starscream instead, but I think they'll pull through- Megatron is iconic enough that I think they'll get past the tank reservations.

There’s a solution for the tank thing. They could always do cybertronian spaceship megatron. And boy if it was based off TFP I would buy it immediately. I wouldn’t even mind if it was another Optimus, especially if it was his TFP beasthunters appearence. Imagine how cool the star saber , Gatling gun and jetpack would be.

On 2/29/2024 at 2:13 AM, CloneCommando99 said:

There’s a solution for the tank thing. They could always do cybertronian spaceship megatron. And boy if it was based off TFP I would buy it immediately. I wouldn’t even mind if it was another Optimus, especially if it was his TFP beasthunters appearence. Imagine how cool the star saber , Gatling gun and jetpack would be.

The only issue with that is that I'm confident lego would want to get the main G1 designs out first, and it's pretty hard to turn G1 megatron into a jet or spaceship.

I certainly wouldn't say no to eventual TFP sets- if the line does continue or expand, I'm sure they'll want an optimus out every few years, so seeing TFP optimus, bay optimus, etc seems likely. (Though it'd be some pretty damn impressive engineering to pull off either of them.)

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Bumblebee set is coming, as confirmed by @Brick Clicker! It's set number 10338 with 950 pieces and a price of $89.99, releasing on July 1st :thumbup: 

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Price adds up to scale with Optimus, and he says it's a G1 and can transform. This is excellent news.

Now we all just need to cross our fingers the larger one is our boy Megs.

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Bumblebee set is coming, as confirmed by @Brick Clicker! It's set number 10338 with 950 pieces and a price of $89.99, releasing on July 1st :thumbup: 

Oh that is such a great news to wake up to. I didn't expect for us to get another transformer, since the Optimus wasn't really selling to well from what I saw, but I guess it sold well enough. And this is also great that he isn't too expensive, and I will be definitely buying this.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Now we all just need to cross our fingers the larger one is our boy Megs.

I don't really think that this will happend, since he could either be a gun or a tank, and I don't really see lego doing that. I think that Soundwave would be perfect for some Decepticon representation, he is still really iconic (the Decepticon logo is even based on his head) and his transformation won't be too hard I think.

I personally would take literally anything transformers related, so I don't care what we could get next.

What great news!!! I’m glad that. We will get Bumblebee set - I love that character.

I'm very thrilled to hear it's Bumblebee AND he'll (most likely) be Generation One :sweet: 
I skipped on Optimus Prime, 'cause I already have two non-LEGO versions of him that I'm very pleased with, but I haven't been able to find a decent G1 Bumblebee, so hopefully LEGO's version will be nice.

Regards,
Mitch

15 hours ago, mantax said:

I don't really think that this will happend, since he could either be a gun or a tank, and I don't really see lego doing that. I think that Soundwave would be perfect for some Decepticon representation, he is still really iconic (the Decepticon logo is even based on his head) and his transformation won't be too hard I think.

Soundwave is also very likely, as is starscream, but I wouldn't rule out megs. All they have to do is make the tank cybertronian to distance it from real-world tanks. It's not like they have to worry about source material accuracy for G1 megatron's tank alt mode, since it never origionally existed, and it's much easier to get a sci-fi tank out of a G1 megs than it is to get a real-world one.

6 hours ago, Lion King said:

What great news!!! I’m glad that. We will get Bumblebee set - I love that character.

Same here!

4 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

I'm very thrilled to hear it's Bumblebee AND he'll (most likely) be Generation One :sweet: 
I skipped on Optimus Prime, 'cause I already have two non-LEGO versions of him that I'm very pleased with, but I haven't been able to find a decent G1 Bumblebee, so hopefully LEGO's version will be nice.

Regards,
Mitch

The trouble with G1 bumblebee is Volkswagen can be iffy about whether or not they let Hasbro make him a VW Beetle, but a VW beetle bumblebee is rumored for an upcoming studio series transformer, so it doesn't sound like it'll be an issue for this set either. Fingers crossed it is indeed G1 beetle bumblebee!

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Soundwave is also very likely, as is starscream, but I wouldn't rule out megs. All they have to do is make the tank cybertronian to distance it from real-world tanks. It's not like they have to worry about source material accuracy for G1 megatron's tank alt mode, since it never origionally existed, and it's much easier to get a sci-fi tank out of a G1 megs than it is to get a real-world one.

Same here!

The trouble with G1 bumblebee is Volkswagen can be iffy about whether or not they let Hasbro make him a VW Beetle, but a VW beetle bumblebee is rumored for an upcoming studio series transformer, so it doesn't sound like it'll be an issue for this set either. Fingers crossed it is indeed G1 beetle bumblebee!

Wonder how the creator VW Beetle scales with Prime, if it matches then it’s a good starting point for G1 Bumblebee.