Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

6 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Is cada has 13L flip-flop beam?

I believe 11 is as long as they have in the flip-flop.

30 minutes ago, Lego Tom said:

Dont CADA have 15L flip flop beams?

Edited by SNIPE

24 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

I just checked their brick page. They have 15L regular beams but the longest flip-flop is 13L. That doesn't mean they might not be available in one of their sets, just that you can't buy them separately.

7 hours ago, Lego Tom said:

6 hours ago, SNIPE said:

6 hours ago, Lego Tom said:

but the longest flip-flop is 13L

I have more than 20 15L flipflop Beams in my Crane truck, so they definetly exist.

8 hours ago, Lego Tom said:

but the longest flip-flop is 13L.

I used a 13L model in the model I'm making now (I didn't have any, so I cut it out of LEGO), but when I looked at the cada model instructions, I couldn't find a model that used a 13L, so I asked just in case. thank you

On 12/31/2023 at 12:23 AM, T Lego said:

죄송합니다. 현재로서는 이에 대한 업데이트가 없습니다. :회의론자: 곧 출시될 세트의 양이 많기 때문에 업데이트 버전의 출시가 우선적으로 이루어지지는 않을 것으로 예상됩니다. CaDa 웹스토어를 주의 깊게 살펴보세요. 논리적으로, 패널이 업데이트되었기 때문에 v3에 대한 상자 디자인이 업데이트됩니다. 이를 통해 어떤 버전이 판매되고 있는지 식별할 수 있습니다. V2 구입을 고려해보라고 권하고 싶습니다. 당신이 할 수 있는 조정을 설명하는 사람들이 있는 포럼/비디오가 많이 있습니다. 게다가 대부분의 업데이트는 저작권이 있는 부분의 사용을 피하기 위한 것입니다. 그동안 나는 다음번 대규모 라이센스 릴리스에 모든 자유 시간을 투자하고 있습니다. 

Hi, T-LEGO I'm one of the people who wants to perfectly recreate your LaFerrari work with Lego parts.

I was wondering if you have any plans to apply and improve the new suspension mounted on Lego 42143 to your LaFerrari work as well.

If Lego Daytona's new suspension applies to your LaFerrari, your LaFerrari engine display will be perfect.

There was no way to contact you, so I had to leave my message here. 
Thank you for reading it

000000009.JPG

Edited by head1004

15 minutes ago, head1004 said:

I was wondering if you have any plans to apply and improve the new suspension mounted on Lego 42143 to your LaFerrari work as well.

there will be shocks like this or better in one of the upcoming models, but these models are still in development. So it will take a while.

1 hour ago, head1004 said:

Hi, T-LEGO I'm one of the people who wants to perfectly recreate your LaFerrari work with Lego parts. I was wondering if you have any plans to apply and improve the new suspension mounted on Lego 42143 to your LaFerrari work as well.

Models progress as new parts become available.

Designers look forwards to their next model.

If you want to use new parts on older models nobody is stopping you modding it, but asking the designer to do it for you is strange.

5 hours ago, amorti said:

Models progress as new parts become available.

Designers look forwards to their next model.

If you want to use new parts on older models nobody is stopping you modding it, but asking the designer to do it for you is strange.

I've never asked a model designer for any requests. I'm just trying to restore his model to Lego parts because as a fan, I respect his LaFerrari model with sincerity.

and I respect his model, so I'm trying to restore it to Lego parts even though I bought Cada products.

LaFerrari is already a perfect model, but I just wanted to make his model the best.

I don't know if you know the meaning of the word respect

Edited by head1004

Wrong information, my mistake.

Edited by amorti

@head1004 The model was designed with the older shocks, because the new ones were not in production yet during the design phase. Moreover they are much harder to integrate properly due to their size, particularly in a model like this with complex suspension features. I haven't seen any mods yet with updated shock absorbers and will personally not invest anymore time on this finished project.  

@amorti You are aware the car in the link you sent is a totally different build of mine, in much smaller scale? 

1 hour ago, T Lego said:

@amorti You are aware the car in the link you sent is a totally different build of mine, in much smaller scale? 

No, I missed it (facepalm)

On 1/20/2024 at 1:12 PM, efferman said:

My contact at CaDA said the Crane Truck will sold only non motorized, to keep the prize in a resonable range.

Thanks for asking! I guess it's better this way since I don't play with my sets anyway. The option to motorize it is a highlight nevertheless and there is always an option to buy motor starter-kits second-hand too.

I recently bought and received the CaDA Military Crane Truck C61507W and even though I just started in on it, I have some observations. First of, the box is first class. Very sturdy with nice cover art of the model. Inside were 5 boxes, numbered 1-5 plus the manual. Again, the boxes are very nice and have an outline of the model on them. I opened the one marked #1 and took out the parts. Upon opening, I noticed there weren't any pins! WTH??? I started going through the other boxes and I noticed that the parts bags inside didn't necessarily correspond to number on the box. In box #5, I found a large bag of pins - yay! Another thing I noticed almost immediately is the plastic used is not soft like LEGO plastic but very "old school" hard. This doesn't bother me except I wonder how well it will hold up down the road, say 10 years from now?

The next thing I noticed was CaDA has a lot of parts that LEGO doesn't make. Most of them are pretty cool except for the two piece rectangular frame pieces. Perhaps as someone alluded, CaDA made them this way to avoid a patent infringement (China infringe on patents? Say it ain't so!) but the end result is a bit of a PITA to use. Yes, it works but it requires adding pins to hold it together. In some builds, this won't matter because you'd be adding pins for other purposes, but if you have no pins in the two short ends of the frame where they fit together, don't expect it to stay together very long.

The instructions are not up to LEGO standards. They aren't bad, but they aren't great either. The worst part about them is the low key highlighting that can be very hard to pick out, especially on black parts. Additionally, in Chinese fashion of reading right to left, they often show assembly instructions on the right resulting in the assembled part on the left. No, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out but the first time I saw it messed with my head a little bit.

So far, the model seems to be good, with no problems putting parts together or marrying sub assemblies to each other. When I finish the model, I'll come back and add any additional findings.

Edited by Lego Tom

Thank you very much for your observations.

A pretty heavy package arrived a few minutes ago

53487296132_23ea76ba70_c.jpg

More pictures will follow:

Part list:

53488581689_bc81850071_c.jpg

53488280826_831a88762f_c.jpg

53488426108_8ab874a29b_c.jpg

53488280821_3b2071053c_c.jpg

53488280801_0cf1395d85_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

@efferman: I'm sure you'll enjoy the kit! I borrowed one of your photos to show the two-piece parts I referenced that have to be assembled to make the one piece LEGO equivalent:

CaDA%201-L.jpg

18 minutes ago, Lego Tom said:

I'm sure you'll enjoy the kit!

For sure, but i found instantly one error in the instruction. Tie the rope to the crossaxle in step E160 and not onto the hook in step E161. The winch is much faster this way.

Do you have already built the Gearbox? Was it to complex?

Edited by efferman

Seems like cada updated mold of liftarm and 42003 connector. There is no more wave pattern.

2 hours ago, efferman said:

For sure, but i found instantly one error in the instruction. Tie the rope to the crossaxle in step E160 and not onto the hook in step E161. The winch is much faster this way.

Do you have already built the Gearbox? Was it to complex?

I just finished with "A" section. The gear box is complex but not any worse than some of LEGO's more ambitious endeavors. However there are some oddities in construction that forced me to use tweezers because my fingers are too large to fit into spaces to insert a gear where needed. The engineering is also a bit different from LEGO, which isn't bad, just different. In some other complex builds, I started to adopt the habit of adding a bit of silicone grease to gears and sometimes axles (long runs through multiple parts or places where stress will be high) and due to the large number of gears in this set, I would recommend doing so. It doesn't take much and not only helps the gears run smoothly, but quietly as well.

This is certainly not a project for a novice and if someone buys it for their 10 year old, I hope the kid is of advanced intelligence or sticks their parent(s) in a crappy nursing home for revenge. Again, perhaps because of my old eyes, the instructions aren't always clear on where parts or assemblies join. In the case of assemblies however, when you do figure it out, they go together very well without the extra effort LEGO assemblies sometimes take, I suspect due to their softer material. Still, I am not a fan of the two piece frame/box pieces!

I'll make note of the rope in step E160!

37 minutes ago, efferman said:

First glimpses of the 787B

iam curious if there will be a bigger one.

Me too, expected something way bigger to be honest. This side mirror under the foreshadow mask looked quite deceptive :laugh:..

400x249.png

Anyway, the model looks pretty accurate and authentic in this scale :thumbup:!

16 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Me too, expected something way bigger to be honest. This side mirror under the foreshadow mask looked quite deceptive :laugh:..

400x249.png

Anyway, the model looks pretty accurate and authentic in this scale :thumbup:!

17 hours ago, efferman said:

First glimpses of the 787B

i am curious if there will be a bigger one.

I was kind of expecting and hoping I guess for something bigger and in that famous green and orange

12 minutes ago, MarkyMark42 said:

I was kind of expecting and hoping I guess for something bigger and in that famous green and orange

Something like this with new sluck tires.