Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 23. Rumors and discussion

I think it would be hilarious if a brick-buildable T-rex from Jurasic World theme holding that popcorn costume boy as it watches its own Jurassic Park movie and roars “MOVIE TIME!!!” 

Hoping to go back to the Kohl’s I found a bunch at soon so I can get the other half of the series.

Perhaps an obvious thought, but I can definitely imagine that this series will be an especially popular stocking stuffer with all the holiday themed figures.

Forgot to post this on Friday but I found the remaining six figures from Target! I like this series a lot more now than when pictures first came out and I’m glad to have had a fun and easy time hunting for them. This is the first time I’ve completed all three CMF series in a single year. Some of the highlights for me have been the Elf girl, Snowman and Robot Costume.

For US users, what stores are you finding the series at? So far I’ve seen them at one Walmart (on a hanging display on a non-LEGO toy aisle), one Kohls (in a box in the LEGO area), and one Barnes and Noble (behind the checkout counter so no bag investigating). Another Walmart has an empty bin with a Series 23 label but no figures. Target didn’t have them a week ago. Should I be looking at other parts of the store(s)? Are there other stores that are known for having the mini figure collections? 

This is my first time seriously hunting down a collection so I’m new to the game. 

I had good luck early on, but found a fresh box at Kohl’s (first time for that one) and two at the same Walmart. 

I’ve heard reports at Target but I quit searching a couple of weeks ago.

I’m in North Texas. 

I found most of mine in two different Walmarts.  There's also a regional Sporting Goods store called Scheels that I found them in.  I have all that I want now so if they show up elsewhere it doesn't matter to me art this point.  I've occasionally seen past series in Walgreens Drug Stores and King Soopers (a Kroger regional Supermarket).  Haven't seen any Series 23 in Target yet and I just recently found the Muppets ones in two different Targets but I already have all I wanted of those.  In the past I've gotten some in Kohl's but haven't seen the series 23 ones yet near me, just the latest Super Mario ones.  I got some of my Muppet ones in Barnes & Noble.  Joann's usually gets them but I think they've raised their prices above regular retail this year to $5.49 on minifigs & polybags.  Also if you have a Lego Store anywhere near you they carry them.

Edited by karrit

Target and Kohl’s have been the only places I’ve been able to check personally. Kohl’s had a ton out early a few weeks ago and Target also had a lot when I went on Friday.

Someone I know found them at a Kroger grocery store but apparently each individual bag were in their own little security containers to prevent theft I guess. 

Thanks all, my hunt continues. I returned to the one Walmart that had them and those are now gone. Here's hoping I see them out in the wild again soon (really want to find a few knights to add to my kid's (okay, okay, mine too) play area). We do have a Lego store relatively nearby but on the other side of town, so it's a bit of a hike to get there. Though if it's one of the stores that identifies the figure, then maybe the drive will be worth it for a few knights and a dragon.

Last night I had a dream. I dreamt about the Series 23 minifigures like Snowman, Reindeer, etc. I was fast I acted to see their baseplates PRINTED with cool details.

Like….swirling snowflakes printed on white plate for Snowman or hollies on light green plate for Reindeer or  chocolate chip cookies printed on a tan plate for Christmas Elf.

my dream was so vivid….but cool.

Ok, i got.6 pack at last. Only two minifigures that I already have from the earlier order are included in this 6 pack. 

So far I got new 4 minifigures - Wolf Costume, Knight, sugar Plume and Nutcracker. 

I gotta say, I really like them all! I didn’t realize that Wolf costume’s headgear is “new” because of upper fangs. Honestly, i feel little tired of seeing sack piece being used so many times after Fox and Raccooon Costumes since all of them have similiar masks.  I think Wolf Costume should comes with turkey leg or long bone piece instead.

Does anyone know the locations of the figures in the unopened box for this series? It should be released in a few days here and I know a store where I can likely get first dibs at a box. I have no skill at feeling so want a bit of a better chance of getting the figures I want.

They had some known ones in my local lego shop but had already sold out of of the known knights and dragons....

Two weeks ago I was feeling a whole bunch of blind bags, but all knight and nutcacker minifigures were picked already. As if feeling the bags doesn't feel embarrasing enough :innocent:

I just opened my box, and once again no complete 3 sets.   Also I hope next time no more delay for AU/NZ.   

I don't really have a favourite figure this time, they all have some good parts I like and parts I wish they didn't do.  Hopefully we back to a normal series for series 24 but not centralised with one specific theme given we already had a costume themed one few years back.

And it's sad this may be the last time we can go feel the bags with blind boxes coming.

19 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

I just opened my box, and once again no complete 3 sets.   Also I hope next time no more delay for AU/NZ.   

I don't really have a favourite figure this time, they all have some good parts I like and parts I wish they didn't do.  Hopefully we back to a normal series for series 24 but not centralised with one specific theme given we already had a costume themed one few years back.

And it's sad this may be the last time we can go feel the bags with blind boxes coming.

We still have Series 24 and the Disney 100 series that will have the normal packs we can hunt for. It’s the fall 2023 series that is reportedly changing to boxes.

3 hours ago, The Stud said:

We still have Series 24 and the Disney 100 series that will have the normal packs we can hunt for. It’s the fall 2023 series that is reportedly changing to boxes.

That's good to know =)

I finally found these at my local Walmart the other day!

I picked up the Sugarplum Fairy, the Knight, and the Elf Girl for my kids (they LOVED them), and the Nutcracker for myself.

Still not my favorite series, but my kids love them--and they're definitely more TLG's target audience than I am!