Sign in to follow this  
Servertijd

[Freebuild] Oxenfurt, the village

*just let me quickly show off my goats...

:grin:

The more I look at this the more I like it, the left building is really quite nice and unique with the two stories of stone, great tudor work on the other houses and nice subtle slope up in the back--and the FP, subtle, kind of have to look for it to notice it, but really nicely placed with that castle right behind the roofs and those gorgeously colored mountains on the right, really putting the whole town in a larger landscape.  Great build!

The whole build is great, my favorite part is the background mountain.
Looks very nice.

Great work - you really made this village look lively! It's always nice to see those dark red awnings (I believe they are from Prince of Persia) and I love the castle/hills in the distance! Did you build this behind the MOC (thus employing "forced perspective" or did you add those "in post" (PhotoShop, etc.)?

A very nice village with different buildings. Good selection of minifigures. I like the guy who found an apple and ran away. :pir-grin:

Edited by NOD

You guys keep pushing the boundaries of the brick!

Man alive! This looks marvelous. Talk about immersive photography. amazing work with the depth and forced perspective with even the background landscape being thought of and detailed in bricks. 
Such an amazing and inspiring work. Truly a piece of art. 

A great build - the houses look gorgeous -, a great scene - the minifig posing and expressions are spot-on - and a great photography - nice perspective!
Excellent work!

On 1/6/2022 at 3:46 PM, Kai NRG said:

*just let me quickly show off my goats...

:grin:

The more I look at this the more I like it, the left building is really quite nice and unique with the two stories of stone, great tudor work on the other houses and nice subtle slope up in the back--and the FP, subtle, kind of have to look for it to notice it, but really nicely placed with that castle right behind the roofs and those gorgeously colored mountains on the right, really putting the whole town in a larger landscape.  Great build!

Hah, just  a quick flex :P

On 1/6/2022 at 4:02 PM, Niku said:

The whole build is great, my favorite part is the background mountain.
Looks very nice.

Thanks!

On 1/7/2022 at 12:50 PM, socalbricks said:

Great work - you really made this village look lively! It's always nice to see those dark red awnings (I believe they are from Prince of Persia) and I love the castle/hills in the distance! Did you build this behind the MOC (thus employing "forced perspective" or did you add those "in post" (PhotoShop, etc.)?

Thanks! It's all Forced perspective :).

On 1/7/2022 at 1:40 PM, NOD said:

A very nice village with different buildings. Good selection of minifigures. I like the guy who found an apple and ran away. :pir-grin:

On 1/8/2022 at 12:10 AM, Sympatik Brick said:

Really impressive… and detailed! Even the landscape is build in Lego.

Thanks guys!

On 1/9/2022 at 10:57 PM, Louis of Nutwood said:

You guys keep pushing the boundaries of the brick!

Man alive! This looks marvelous. Talk about immersive photography. amazing work with the depth and forced perspective with even the background landscape being thought of and detailed in bricks. 
Such an amazing and inspiring work. Truly a piece of art. 

Thanks Louis! Appreciate it.

On 1/10/2022 at 2:32 PM, Aurore said:

A great build - the houses look gorgeous -, a great scene - the minifig posing and expressions are spot-on - and a great photography - nice perspective!
Excellent work!

Thanks Aurore!

Holy cow.  This is an amazing shot.  I want to walk through it.  Kudos to you for building the mountains and castle in Lego in the background.  The meandering street path gives the town a sense of being large, and the flags hanging across the street not only are realistic but provide a sense of depth as well.  The street is a perfect mix of studs, tiles, and colors, and your snot plating on the left hand building is fantastic.  The half pressed down tiles on the roof on the main building look great.  You posed the minis perfectly for this scene, from the guard to the running children.  You also make a nice use of the cloth pieces for awnings.  You have a real gift for photography, as I remember several of your other builds, and this is no exception.  There's a ton of little details in here I could stare at for hours.  I assume this was a set piece for a convention and there are no interiors?  In any case, it's great.  Thank you for sharing!