Clone OPatra

DC Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

22 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Honestly I thought black adam was pretty bad 

I’ll be watching it later tonight so I’ll decide for myself, I’m excited about it because of the subject matter and some of the actors/characters in it. On the other hand, I completely agree with you about the idea of sets. Was this film such a damaging prospect for Lego that it registered a lower score than Angry Birds or Minions 2? 

Do you think Lego might be reactionary to the film’s success and rush out a Black Adam set like they did with Mandalorian and the Razor Crest?

1 hour ago, The Pearson said:

Do you think Lego might be reactionary to the film’s success and rush out a Black Adam set like they did with Mandalorian and the Razor Crest?

The Razor Crest was almost certainly pre-planned, but I'm just being a prick by pointing that out since other sets like the Brickheadz were rushed out.

Though I would say the answer is no. Black Adam's box office is not bad, but nothing nearly as crazy as the mandalorian's success (obviously not box office, but you get it). Unlike Baby Yoda, which dominated pop culture for years, the most I've heard about black adam pop-culture wise is people meming on "The hiearchy of power in the dc universe is about to change" or saying "It's black adaming time".  Especially given how risk-averse lego has become with DC, I can't see them deciding that it's worth it to develop a set for a movie that'll have been out for a loooong time before they can make it. (Especially since such a set would likely require new molds. Hawkman's are gone by now, and they'd need a Doctor Fate helm.)

Edited by Mandalorianknight

12 hours ago, The Pearson said:

Nah, that would take way too long. As @Mandalorianknight points out, it’s extremely rare that sets get rushed out and the film’s current box-office simply doesn’t warrant such a reaction. If they had faith in the movie’s licensing potential in the first place, we would have seen sets in August :shrug_oh_well:

And yeah, I definitely would have liked to see at least one set based on the movie. Hawkman, Doctor Fate, and Black Adam himself would have been excellent minifigs

I lose hope in this theme more and more as time passes. No Teen Titans sets but TTG and Titans have been airing for the past few years and I would have otherwise thought they were popular enough. No Black Adam sets and no comic book tie ins either. At least in 2016 we got Suicide Squad figures in the Deadpool/Harley trike and Killer Croc set respectively. It makes you wonder when we only get a single juniors set in the year. Will we ever get a regular wave with more than 1 set again? I mean seriously what will it take? Year after year Lego fans clamor online about how we want more content its kind of hard to believe a theme like Avatar has more sway than this. Its disheartening. I hope we just get back on track eventually. With the discovery merger maybe Some new higher up will demand the merchandising be stronger for the brand and that cam trickle over to Lego… just a hopeful aspiration lol

10 hours ago, cosmic said:

I lose hope in this theme more and more as time passes. No Teen Titans sets but TTG and Titans have been airing for the past few years and I would have otherwise thought they were popular enough. No Black Adam sets and no comic book tie ins either. At least in 2016 we got Suicide Squad figures in the Deadpool/Harley trike and Killer Croc set respectively. It makes you wonder when we only get a single juniors set in the year. Will we ever get a regular wave with more than 1 set again? I mean seriously what will it take? Year after year Lego fans clamor online about how we want more content its kind of hard to believe a theme like Avatar has more sway than this. Its disheartening. I hope we just get back on track eventually. With the discovery merger maybe Some new higher up will demand the merchandising be stronger for the brand and that cam trickle over to Lego… just a hopeful aspiration lol

It's definitely sad to see the current state of the theme. I wouldn't count on the Discovery merger doing much good though, considering that thus far it's been nothing more than a long procession of disasters. 

Though Black Adam was alright, nothing too special. However, they could've easily made a nice small 3-set wave to tie in with the movie:

Kahndaq Throne (small throne build with some action features. Minifigures: Black Adam, Sabbac)

Fly Bike Chase (fly bike build and Giant-Man style Atom Smasher buildable figure. Minifigures: Cyclone, 2x Intergang thug)

Hawk Cruiser (large plane build with detachable cockpit and larger interior in the back. Minifigures: Black Adam (hood and cape), Hawkman, Doctor Fate, Atom Smasher, Sabbac)

On 10/23/2022 at 1:20 AM, The Pearson said:

No.

Look at No Way Home — ten months and still nothing, even tho they sure as hell are working hard on those sets. (I assume, it could be that they just decided to ignore the movie altogether :tongue:)

The Razor Crest was definitely planned before, they couldn't make a set from scratch in just a few months.

Not to mention that if they wanted to make sets for Black Adam, they would've done it.

It shouldn't be too surprising that there were no Black Adam sets. It's been reported that it initially received an R rating and it wasn't until several weeks before release that they were able to get it down to PG13 (and it's still plenty violent). Like others, I'm hoping that in the next year or two Lego will release some of the characters as 'guest stars' in other sets.

However, there is a bright spot on the superhero horizon. The DCEU has been rebranded as The DCU with James Gunn and Peter Safran taking charge on Nov. 1st. We won't see anything under their leadership hitting theaters until as least 2024, but hopefully they can breathe new life into the DC universe, which in turn would hopefully lead to more DC Lego sets.

On 10/27/2022 at 5:58 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No.

Look at No Way Home — ten months and still nothing, even tho they sure as hell are working hard on those sets. (I assume, it could be that they just decided to ignore the movie altogether :tongue:)

The Razor Crest was definitely planned before, they couldn't make a set from scratch in just a few months.

Not to mention that if they wanted to make sets for Black Adam, they would've done it.

It was the N-starfighter 75325 that they fast tracked production on I believe. 

A set goes into production 3 months before release FYI.

5 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Now you mention it, I think I heard that somewhere before.

5 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Not sure about that. Rumours about an N-1 appearing were swirling around ages ago (although people assumed it was for Mando S3 rather than TBoBF), so it isn‘t a stretch to think that TLG received the according concept art in time :classic: Or did the designers say it was fast-tracked?

9 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Yet again — if making a LEGO set took a few weeks, we would've had No Way Home sets by now.

It had to be planned at least a year before The Book of Boba Fett premiered.

3 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

A set goes into production 3 months before release FYI.

You mean like physical production? Because we've seen prelims in catalogues for sets more than 3 months out fairly regularly. Not to mention that we already know about the may 2023 star wars sets....

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yet again — if making a LEGO set took a few weeks, we would've had No Way Home sets by now.

It had to be planned at least a year before The Book of Boba Fett premiered.

I was just clarifying the point about the ship. I'm not saying its going to happen. 

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You mean like physical production? Because we've seen prelims in catalogues for sets more than 3 months out fairly regularly. Not to mention that we already know about the may 2023 star wars sets....

You can have a final design of a set without it being mass produced in a factory.

I saw Black Adam tonight. It was incredible. The Rock's acting is less of being the same character in every film thankfully. Dr Fate was cool too.

Spoiler

I wished we got the Hawk plane as a set...

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A new Flash torso appears to have leaked :classic: Interesting, I thought the set was delayed until next year well before entering production…

I really do not like it, which means it's probably real

26 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I hate this "only top 9 posts" thing. Anyone want to give me a hint as to which account's got it?

One could even say it's an "Ex" "abrickslegogo_"

36 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

One could even say it's an "Ex" "abrickslegogo_"

Odd, the "Ex" seems to have deleted it, but someone graciously sent me another person with it. A college student or something, definately a fan of "uni" versity "bricks".

Torso is a bit rough, but I have to agree with @Legocity2713 that it's the best set of the year. This assumably means they're producing the set, right? I wonder if they'll make it a generic DC set and pretend it's not based on the flash, or if they, like the rest of the world, have just conveniently forgotten about all this guy's crimes.

(Seriously, this is like my hill to die on now. People have done much, much less to get excommunicated from hollywood forever, but Ezra Miller does an any% geneva convention speedrun and they're still gonna finish the movie?)

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

(Seriously, this is like my hill to die on now. People have done much, much less to get excommunicated from hollywood forever, but Ezra Miller does an any% geneva convention speedrun and they're still gonna finish the movie?)

I know right? It's very strange, not to mention the small community claiming Ezra Miller is innocent.