Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

44 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Sooooooo… the only solid proof of Baron Mordo allegedly leaked piece can also be for long awaited lego theme Avatar which shows a new leak of their head mold. Does this debunk the Sanctum again? 

What? No not at all

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

What? No not at all

Safe. :wink:

Maybe that also explains the bar holder on the back of the hairpiece. 

On the discussion of the Avatar/Mordo Hair, there's always the possibility while the piece was made for Avatar, it could be reused for Mordo. It wouldn't be the first time a "close enough" piece has been repurposed for something it wasn't intended for.

Hopefully we get a new piece, cause no existing pieces really capture it properly.

I'm reminded that despite the Bugle having 25 Minifigures, only five or six of them had new prints. How many Minifigures in the Sanctum do we think will have new prints or simply reuse prints from previous sets (i.e. Doctor Strange and Wong from Gargantos Showdown)?

4 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I'm reminded that despite the Bugle having 25 Minifigures, only five or six of them had new prints. How many Minifigures in the Sanctum do we think will have new prints or simply reuse prints from previous sets (i.e. Doctor Strange and Wong from Gargantos Showdown)?

Wanda will probably reuse her head and hairpiece from the CMF but she’ll likely get at least a new torso. The Strange variants might reuse his head but everything else about them will probably be new. Mordo will probably be completely new. Not sure about Iron Man and Spider-Man since we don’t know what versions they are. 

2 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Frankly, I would expect a nice build for the Sanctum. The Bugle had the minifigures that it did with 3772 pieces for $300, and it had a full interior and exterior build. Say what you will about the exterior, but as someone who owns the set, I find it very nice for what it's trying to do. I would expect, given the 2708 pieces for $210 for the Sanctum, and the lack of minifigures, that LEGO went into more detail for the build at the expense of figures, if anything. I suppose only time will tell though. 

In hindsight I was a little too harsh judging the Daily Bugle build. I agree with "I find it very nice for what it's trying to do." I'm very appreciative of the direction LEGO took with this one. 

@the.brick.wolf on Instagram bought the second Thor: Love and Thunder set, 76207 Attack on New Asgard, at an airport before it even leaked.

It comes with three figures: Thor, The Mighty Thor and Gorr… who are all seemingly the exact same as the Goat Boat. The build is pretty strange too, looks like something out of Hidden Side. Very disappointing in my opinion.

Edited by The Stud

What an odd build. Must be a monster Gorr summons. The legs seem the same as the alien creature from no way home set.

why not reveal this? Doesnt have any spoilers.

17 minutes ago, The Stud said:

@the.brick.wolf on Instagram bought the second Thor: Love and Thunder set, 76207 Attack on New Asgard, at an airport before it even leaked.

It comes with three figures: Thor, The Mighty Thor and Gorr… who are all seemingly the exact same as the Goat Boat. The build is pretty strange too, looks like something out of Hidden Side. Very disappointing in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

What an odd build. Must be a monster Gorr summons. The legs seem the same as the alien creature from no way home set.

I have to wonder if the monster is actually a creature in the movie or another Sanctum Workshop situation to avoid spoilers. In a few years, we'll eventually have an army of green, amorphous monsters.

7 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

I’m guessing they wanted to reveal a set along with the trailer? I don’t know why they wouldn’t just save the bigger, cooler set for that purpose though. It’s very odd.

That set is very weird. My guess is it’s like the Mandarin buggy or NWH Sanctum monster in that it’s something LEGO came up with and not part of the movie. Was really hoping it had 1 fig not in the Goat Boat. Oh well, easy skip

Edited by Subnautica

The same figs in the set?!? I dont get it. Now there is no reason to get this set. U buy the goat boat and u have all the figs. 

Wasted set and now it will be shelf filler and lego will think thor or marvel doesnt sell haha 

That's certainly a... set.

I have to say I'm disappointed. Not one new minifigure, just repeats.

Just Thor in his red jacket would make me buy this set instantly, but no thanks I guess.

The build is so random lmao, what is that thing. Love it.

I have no idea why they didn't reveal it tho. Again, so random.

That set is so weird and ridiculous. I love it.

It's a terrible commerical decision, because like everyone is saying here, there's no "reason" to buy it. However, it's great to have a cheaper set with the two Thors and main villain on the market, as well as a fun goofy monster, for anyone who doesn't have the money for or interest in the larger set.

Glad I stopped buying every LEGO Marvel set because that second Thor set is such an easy skip. 

Edited by AndrewCole14

That thing looks like someone drew the Samurai Jack villain Aku from an old, fuzzy memory. This curmudgeonly DC fan is not envious of this one.

1 minute ago, RedHoodPug said:

That thing looks like someone drew the Samurai Jack villain Aku from an old, fuzzy memory. 

Yes!! I knew it reminded me of something, and I think that was it!

29 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

That thing looks like someone drew the Samurai Jack villain Aku from an old, fuzzy memory. This curmudgeonly DC fan is not envious of this one.

Yes! It does look like Aku!

Closest thing I could find from Google searches that resembles this creature is Loki The All Butcher. But this looks like some strange plant monster and it doesn’t have his helmet.

Also fun fact - this is the first time since the Avengers wave in 2012 that an MCU $20 set doesn’t have a single exclusive figure (the mk 6 came in a polybag after in 2013, Hawkeye came in the Hulk set that wave, and Loki came in the most expensive Avengers set that wave + a Juniors set later on (kind of)).

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

That set is so weird and ridiculous. I love it.

It's a terrible commerical decision, because like everyone is saying here, there's no "reason" to buy it. However, it's great to have a cheaper set with the two Thors and main villain on the market, as well as a fun goofy monster, for anyone who doesn't have the money for or interest in the larger set.

I disagree. Thor is (most likely) the most kid-friendly Marvel movie this year, and it makes sense he should get a cheap and affordable set that comes with the main guy, the main girl and the bad guy with a monster to fight.

It's a bad set for AFOLs but an excellent set for families who may not want to drop $50 to get a LEGO for their kids.

Edited by doclord