Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

4 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

But that's just marvel studios movies, what about the Sony marvel movies, could we perhaps see sets for the into the spiderverse sequels or Spiderman 4 or the rumoured amazing Spiderman 3 or accurate NWH sets?

I hope we'd see something for the spiderverse sequels, but lego doesn't do much for animated films. Hopefully given how successful it was they'll do Beyond the Spider-Verse sets, but given the delays for the movie I feel like we'd have heard about them by now. I suppose it's possible the Miles in the Morbius set is a BTSV miles.

Oh, and NWH sets would be great. TASM3 is still just rumored, I think, but even if it's real it'd be like a late 2024/early 2025 release at the earliest. No way they get it made by this 2HY 2023 gap we've got. Same with Spider-Man 4.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Goddamn that is ridiculously big. By the scale of Tony on the back of the box, Hulk would be about as big as the foot, so clearly this has to be a Galactus or Celestial-buster

One Above All buster.

37 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Why is he standing like Crash Bandicoot?

"It's Crashin Time" *Crashes all over the bad guys*

I can't see it due to these stupid IG changes, would anyone be able to hint at the name of a leaker who has the images up?

Edited by Mandalorianknight

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I hope we'd see something for the spiderverse sequels, but lego doesn't do much for animated films. Hopefully given how successful it was they'll do Beyond the Spider-Verse sets, but given the delays for the movie I feel like we'd have heard about them by now. I suppose it's possible the Miles in the Morbius set is a BTSV miles.

One Above All buster.

"It's Crashin Time" *Crashes all over the bad guys*

I can't see it due to these stupid IG changes, would anyone be able to hint at the name of a leaker who has the images up?

There's a post on promobricks's website.

3 minutes ago, Childe_Roland said:

There's a post on promobricks's website.

Thanks.

....oof. The codpiece thing is weird but not a huge deal, but...wow. It's definately a weird mix of the mk44 and mk48. It honestly looks a bit ugly in some places. I'll also point out that the Quadrepedal $800 AT-AT is taller than this bipedal $550 set.

Well that’s definitely saved me about £500!

Was so looking forward to the big Marvel D2C set this year, like everyone else I was hoping for Avengers Tower or a Helicarrier. I was even warming to the idea of a hulkbuster after seeing how well they nailed the recent Bowser model, but instead what we end up with is very underwhelming!

Between this and the Black Panther bust I can’t see them shifting many units at all. I really hope that doesn’t harm the chances of an Avengers Tower in the long run!

Some things are weird, especially in the bust, but overall I like it!  I believe that the perspective has a great influence on the appearance: in the side image, where it appears open, it has an EXCEPTIONAL silhouette!  Plus the dimensions are scary!  I think many will change their minds after seeing it live

How does it look worse than the last one, that being the first superheroes I didn’t get because of how bad it looked. The only good superheroes D2C this year has to be the Sanctum, and even that is so-so

Welp... it tried I guess? If this was £400 then maybe, but £500-£550'ish depending on inflation and currency aspects? Nah. A lot of the problems seem to be because they based it on this die-cast design (left) which had a lot of innacurate aspects primarily concerning the shoulders. I'll give more thoughts later when I've had time to process whatever this is... at the moment I'm disappointed.

aa82b939-75b8-4dff-994a-382b1e64c54a.jpgUnknown-5.jpeg

Given the way it opens up, do you think it possible that the 76206 buildable Iron Man figure could be slotted inside?

Pulled up a reference image alongside the Hulkbuster leaks 'cause something felt off around the chest area: The whole torso is like a third longer than it should be. The whole area around the head is also way too high up, giving it a real linebacker look considering the pauldrons also aren't meant to connect to the body like that.

I'm one of those who were never gonna get it 'cause of the price tag (even before the increase), but I could definitiely have imagined that an enormous, well designed Hulkbuster would be worth it as a statement piece. This to me looks like they were working from a high schooler's anatomy art assignment.

5 minutes ago, PavillionDweller said:

Pulled up a reference image alongside the Hulkbuster leaks 'cause something felt off around the chest area: The whole torso is like a third longer than it should be. The whole area around the head is also way too high up, giving it a real linebacker look considering the pauldrons also aren't meant to connect to the body like that.

I'm one of those who were never gonna get it 'cause of the price tag (even before the increase), but I could definitiely have imagined that an enormous, well designed Hulkbuster would be worth it as a statement piece. This to me looks like they were working from a high schooler's anatomy art assignment.

So it pretty much suffers the same design flaws as the original, the ottos is too long and misshapen 

I think I like this thing less and less the more I look at it. The proportions look super off, especially in the chest area. The arc reactor and head look kinda shrunken down and obscured. It also does not look even close to being worth $550, good lord. I'd probably prefer the smaller $120 one from four years ago, and I wasn't even a huge fan of it to begin with.

I have a feeling that Lego's going to have two poor sellers on their hands with this and the Black Panther bust, especially with them releasing so close to one another. It's just been way too much way too fast with that Thor's Hammer (though not technically a D2C), the Sanctum Sanctorum and both these sets releasing all within less than a year. Fortunately for me and my wallet, I only care about the Sanctum. I guess I'm glad that they didn't do an Avengers Tower, as that would be a set I'd actually be interested in.

Oh nah, what the hell is this :jollyroger:

Wow, one awful 2022 Marvel D2C was enough. But somehow, we got two awful Marvel D2Cs this year. I seriously don't know which one is worse.

The torso has to be one of the ugliest LEGO builds I've ever seen. It looks like it has a chest deformity, and it's wearing a diper. 

The huge sleek helmet horribly clashes with the whole build. All the proportions are way off.

And the price... 550€ for this atrocity?

The proportions of the chest are way off, the arc reactor's way too low, his pecs are way too tall.  Whilst this was always doubtful due to the price, a near movie accurate piece would've made it to my wishlist and I may eventually have got it.  But that looks just plain wrong

Edited by Brickin-it

I agree with everything everybody's said so far. I'm not a fan, but I wasn't going to drop that kind of money on anything non-minifig scale anyway.

Good news though! If you don't like it, you only have to wait a few months for the next Hulkbuster set!

2 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

It is in LEGO LOTR that we must place our hope. 

These D2Cs have really been a miss for me personally, not just limited to Marvel though. 

It's amazing how hard to see is D2C stuff in minifig scale. At this point I'm expecting the LotR D2C set to be just a big ring.

Edited by hachiroku

I feel so sorry for the designers taking this on. I kind of expected to be blown away by them executing a miracle, this seems on par with the last big Hulbuster in regards to its release year, even if it makes it look like a system set in comparison. For three years later it's in line with modern design language, but not the leap forward it could have been. Unfair to expect, but for the price it deserves to be scrutinized. Also sucks that the first image we've seen was a high angle of the box's already high angle, instead of just a straight on shot, the legs are too small but the exaggeration isn't quite as bad on the back and sides of the box suggest. 

I wrote an essay on my most anticipated set, feel free to skip it lol. 

It really feels like the torso was designed last, like they didn't start with the sillhouette or proportions. If stability and strength is paramount to cause the anatomical distortion I would expect a shapely core to be developed and THEN the limbs and the rest. I don't see much to complain about the arms and legs beyond the stance. I can't imagine the hips move. I know Lego designers as a species rule hate buffing up legs and must find them an uninteresting waste of parts/cost, but the Hulkbuster's knees widen out so much and serve to balance the entire design. This model skipped leg day and the football padded hunched shoulders wouldn't look as terrible with 10-20% increase in leg mass even if longer thighs and larger lower legs would have been harder to design. 

Not sure what to think of the torso beyond looks like the designer just went off memory or ran into some real bad roadblocks. I would have sacrified the opening cockpit if the boobs could be smaller and shaped better with different pieces chosen, and the shoulders dropped so the head didn't look like a pimple. A little bit of proportion modification is understandable; I get that hips are hard to make robust, but this solution is far too goofy and wide. The rectangular housing around the arc reactor also seems to be... nonexistant.

It was expected, but the single piece dome for the head is inexcusable to me. 

I waffled on the Hogwarts Express until I saw just how enormous and well finished it actually was in person and now I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Choosing the wrong minifigures to include I also considered inexcusable but the actual model is still nearly flawless and outweighs the issues. I can't see this Hulkbuster ending in the positive for me though. There's something to note that maybe its box presentation is doing is a disservice and in the plastic it's stunning... but the wow factor is temporary, the test of longevity and appreciation comes from the movie accuracy of reproduction, design, and build.

Its actual mass from 4050 pieces for $550 (wow) on second thought is not good. Not the kind of price hike that's swallowable. For that much I expect something that doesn't look very off model from the movie it's based on, especially when they aren't relying on concept art and have access to more image material than the public to design from..... let alone the actual scenes everyone can pause on the blu ray or streaming. Again, what a Herculean task,  especially when the price is set before the design (a seemingly stupid practice that seems to affect their big releases more and more) but this was a fumble that will be cool to look at how big it is, but suffer with any closer look or comparison to what it's based on. 

Edited by empiresperish

Looks like the chest proportions are so Wonk as theres space for the buildable mk43 in there!

The legs and Arms are spot on so thats the only reason they had to stretch the middle out.It also looks like we got another use for the new lense peace.

Edited by Ghostcat

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I think I like this thing less and less the more I look at it. The proportions look super off, especially in the chest area. The arc reactor and head look kinda shrunken down and obscured. It also does not look even close to being worth $550, good lord. I'd probably prefer the smaller $120 one from four years ago, and I wasn't even a huge fan of it to begin with.

I have a feeling that Lego's going to have two poor sellers on their hands with this and the Black Panther bust, especially with them releasing so close to one another. It's just been way too much way too fast with that Thor's Hammer (though not technically a D2C), the Sanctum Sanctorum and both these sets releasing all within less than a year. Fortunately for me and my wallet, I only care about the Sanctum. I guess I'm glad that they didn't do an Avengers Tower, as that would be a set I'd actually be interested in.

Yeah, too many big sets too fast, and so many of them that just seem like odd choices. What I worry is that they'll see the BP bust and other sets selling horribly and decide "huh, people must not want marvel D2Cs" and then just not make, say, an MBS avengers tower or something that actually would sell well.

54 minutes ago, hvader said:

I actually kind of like this…

No. Bad. You can't have an opinion that's not the online majority's opinion. 

I'll give you this, it is massive. I can understand the appeal there.

44 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

Good news though! If you don't like it, you only have to wait a few months for the next Hulkbuster set!

I get the complaints about the constant hulkbusters, but I kind of understand why. It's like, the one vehicle that's both seriously iconic and fits a $30-40 price point for marvel.

2 minutes ago, hachiroku said:

It's amazing how hard to see is D2C stuff in minifig scale. At this point I'm expecting the LotR D2C set to be just a big ring.

UCS Rings of Power title screen.

Haven’t been on the Marvel board in a while, but just had to drop in to say I feel so sorry for you guys.

Two in a row…geez

Edited by Portal Out

The thing I can’t wrap my head around is why we’re getting yet ANOTHER rendition of the Mark 44 a mere 3-4 years after the last one? And at nearly 5x the price point!

Is there really that much pent up demand? I’m perfectly happy with 76105, which I’ll be sticking with. 

Damn, that looks terrible. I didn't think it would be a bad build (just bad for the price), but that thing looks deformed. What is wrong with its torso design? I like the legs and the arms are good I guess but the entire torso looks like a pile of junk. The domed head is inexcusable in a $500 set. Brick build a helmet!! There's ways to build it light enough to still open and hold its position. I can't believe that the designer used a single printed piece to represent something like that in the biggest LEGO Marvel set to date. 

The size of this thing is impressive but not at its ridiculous price point. If this was a $350 set I would buy it immediately despite my reservations over the design. I do love the Ultron Edition Hulkbuster from 2018 despite its inaccuracies, after all! But for $550 the weird design, lame minifigure, and the build being half a foot shorter than the Daily Bugle does not impress me. I also don't see any light bricks advertised, just glow in the dark pieces. For over $500 with only 4,000 pieces and one minifigure LEGO couldn't even add some lights or something more deluxe to this model?