Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I've always felt that DC is best in comic book-inspired sets and Marvel movie-inspired sets.  But I'd like to see a whole line for X-Men 97. Maybe next year ...

1 hour ago, Legocentrico said:

I've always felt that DC is best in comic book-inspired sets and Marvel movie-inspired sets.  But I'd like to see a whole line for X-Men 97. Maybe next year ...

I'd love to see X-Men as well, it's long overdue.  An X-mansion set would be awesome but I feel we may be a few years off that yet, even though it did reach 10000 votes on Lego Ideas all that time ago.

According to Brick_Clicker's video, the Hulkbuster MKII is releasing October 1st so we should see the set around the middle/later half of this month at the latest. Should give us something to discuss, redesign, etc... hopefully that should tide us over until the D2C is revealed.

We also have the missing Wakanda Forever set that we'll see this month of which we've already seen some figure leaks.

Updated List:

Hide contents

OCTOBER:

NOVEMBER:

2022 SETS WITH UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

JANUARY 2023:

• 76232: (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76241: Hulk Mech $14.99
  • 76242: Thanos Mech $14.99 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76243: Rocket Mech $14.99
  • 76244: Miles Morales Vs. Morbius $24.99 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76245: Ghost Rider with Mech & Bike $34.99
  • 76247: Hulkbuster: The Battle of Wakanda $49.99
  • 76248: The Avengers Quinjet $99.99

MARCH 2023:

• 10789 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) $9.99
  • 10790 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) $34.99
  • 10791 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) $49.99

APRIL 2023:

• 76253: (GotG themed) $9.99
  • 76254: (GotG themed) $34.99
  • 76255: (GotG themed) $99.99

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded
Edited by Scarilian

8 hours ago, Scarilian said:

According to Brick_Clicker's video, the Hulkbuster MKII is releasing October 1st so we should see the set around the middle/later half of this month at the latest. Should give us something to discuss, redesign, etc... hopefully that should tide us over until the D2C is revealed.

We also have the missing Wakanda Forever set that we'll see this month of which we've already seen some figure leaks.

Updated List:

Reveal hidden contents

OCTOBER:

NOVEMBER:

2022 SETS WITH UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

JANUARY 2023:

• 76232: (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76241: Hulk Mech $14.99
  • 76242: Thanos Mech $14.99 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76243: Rocket Mech $14.99
  • 76244: Miles Morales Vs. Morbius $24.99 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a Marvel 2023 set)
  • 76245: Ghost Rider with Mech & Bike $34.99
  • 76247: Hulkbuster: The Battle of Wakanda $49.99
  • 76248: The Avengers Quinjet $99.99

MARCH 2023:

• 10789 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) $9.99
  • 10790 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) $34.99
  • 10791 (Spider-man & His Amazing Friends themed) $49.99

APRIL 2023:

• 76253: (GotG themed) $9.99
  • 76254: (GotG themed) $34.99
  • 76255: (GotG themed) $99.99

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded

Im sure we will get to see that last black panther set after D23 

i think they will release new info and a trailer showing the new black panther.

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

I see the amazing spider-man is featured in the D23 poster…

interesting!

It’s alarming how many people I’ve seen this as a hint to Amazing Spider-Man 3. 

I don’t see Sony announcing movies at a Disney event. It’s either in reference to Freshman Year or the PlayStation Spider-Man game (They are dedicating a separate day to Video games.) 

On 9/1/2022 at 3:50 AM, BusterNut31 said:

I see the amazing spider-man is featured in the D23 poster…

interesting!

Spoiler

Apparently there was a leak a few days ago showing, amongst other SUMC films, The Amazing Spider-Man 3. Take it with a grain of salt, though.

Edited by Mandalorianknight
Can no longer find the post about the leak. Definately take it as a grain of salt.

it's strange that Promo skipped Marvel, after the SW and HP descriptions I expected it 🫤 we have a very vague list, I need some details to be able to fantasize about the wave 🤤

That's probably because the set images for Marvel were blacked/whited out and then you can only see the figs they intend to put into the set (kinda like prelim images, but then even less details). 

On 9/1/2022 at 11:27 AM, AndrewCole14 said:

It’s alarming how many people I’ve seen this as a hint to Amazing Spider-Man 3. 

I don’t see Sony announcing movies at a Disney event. It’s either in reference to Freshman Year or the PlayStation Spider-Man game (They are dedicating a separate day to Video games.) 

I never hinted at there being an amazing spider-man 3. Just think its interesting that a sony property is being used to promote disney. Maybe the art designer sneaked it in as a andrew. garfield spidey fan.

3 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

I never hinted at there being an amazing spider-man 3. Just think its interesting that a sony property is being used to promote disney. Maybe the art designer sneaked it in as a andrew. garfield spidey fan.

I wouldn't say we won't see TASM3 (probably not at D23 though), but my guess is that the artist just googled spider-man and the image they did just happened to be andrew garfield's.

The Guardians advent calendar is pretty weird. Some of it, like the stereo and Milano micro-build are amazing, but some of it is absolute filler.

Not really a fan of the 3-day build, mostly because I have no idea what its meant to be. There are more than a few "days" that would be pretty disappointing if I was a young kid (cough, cough, generic tool rack, cough).

The Marvel advent calendar from last year was great and full of nice parts, this year's Guardians of the Galaxy calendar not so much IMO. The only part I have any real interest in is that printed cassette tile but its not enough to make me want the set.

Yeah fair enough that is Andrew's spider symbol but  still pretty sure it's just meant to a generic Spider-Man.

Also ..Pain.. the Bugle has increased by £35 and it's on my pick up soon list. Annoyingly for me the sanctum hasn't increased ( which is good really but I picked it up early cause I thought it might go up).

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Also ..Pain.. the Bugle has increased by £35 and it's on my pick up soon list. 

Same. I'm actually really annoyed. I chose the AT-AT over it back when I sold my lego death star in late 2021, but I don't have a spare $350 (or $385 now?), and I just know the bugle's going to spike in price the second it retires.

7 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Also ..Pain.. the Bugle has increased by £35 and it's on my pick up soon list. Annoyingly for me the sanctum hasn't increased ( which is good really but I picked it up early cause I thought it might go up).

They dropped the price of this by £10 from £275 to £265 not that long ago! 

I agree it will go up when it retires. December 2023 apparently 

Edited by squiz18

11 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Annoyingly for me the sanctum hasn't increased ( which is good really but I picked it up early cause I thought it might go up).

The Sanctum RRP was originally meant (or can be assumed) to be 190 but they increased the price on release day to new price of 215 at least on Lego website. A lot of retailers prior to 1st Sept were selling at 190 but since 1st Sept has gone up to 215.

Bugle is exclusive to Smyths so best discount likely to be 20% at some point

Edited by upliftingbricks

2 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

The Sanctum RRP was originally meant (or can be assumed) to be 190 but they increased the price on release day to new price of 215 at least on Lego website. A lot of retailers prior to 1st Sept were selling at 190 but since 1st Sept has gone up to 215.

Bugle is exclusive to Smyths so best discount likely to be 20% at some point

They recently had it for £264.99 and it came with a free copy of the spider lair 76175. I've already got the Bugle but regret not picking that deal up! Wonder if they will do it again.

Presumably the 2023 sets could also be subject to price rises? Like the sanctum was? 

54 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

They recently had it for £264.99 and it came with a free copy of the spider lair 76175. I've already got the Bugle but regret not picking that deal up! Wonder if they will do it again.

Presumably the 2023 sets could also be subject to price rises? Like the sanctum was? 

Given the fact that the mechs sets are all $5 more, my guess is the price increases are already accounted for at this point. (Which, yeah, a 50% increase is crazy, but lego's price increases this year have been hilariously inconsistent. Some sets don't increase, others spike by huge amounts, there's clearly not a set % increase. Like, if they said "all sets are 8% more expensive (rounded to the nearest .99) because of inflation", at least then you could see the reasoning more clearly. This does feel a little bit more like they're charging more for what they know will sell anyway.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This does feel a little bit more like they're charging more for what they know will sell anyway.

100% this. I wonder if it'll affect the $500 set price

2 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

100% this. I wonder if it'll affect the $500 set price

If they do end up raising the price for the $500 set it's going to be very fun to see the collective meltdown over it, considering all we know about it so far