Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

The hell is that Groot thing?! Lmao

I saw it and I thought it was a mod an AFOL made to scare children away from their collection or something... but its real :oh:

It looks like Victor Zsaz all covered in scars

1 hour ago, DaleCooperFBI said:

I just think it’s a shame that at the moment it seems like we aren’t getting a few more infinity saga summer sets from other films. Would’ve expected at around 4-5 playsets from other movies in the saga. Hope there’s more to come as this workshop ain’t doing much for me. 

There are still quite a few unknown sets on the horizon in July and August :classic: Maybe some of those will also be part of the Infinity Saga?

33 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There are still quite a few unknown sets on the horizon in July and August :classic: Maybe some of those will also be part of the Infinity Saga?

There are eight unknown sets that will come out this year, and no movies left.

I do hope some of them were meant for DC (The Flash, Aquaman). If not, then I guess they are either for The Infinity Saga or Disney+ series, and let's be honest, the latter isn't likely.

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There are eight unknown sets that will come out this year, and no movies left.

I do hope some of them were meant for DC (The Flash, Aquaman). 

Well, if some of them mysteriously disappear from this year’s slate, we know what happened :laugh_hard:

30 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If not, then I guess they are either for The Infinity Saga or Disney+ series, and let's be honest, the latter isn't likely.

They could also release random comic-inspired sets again :shrug_oh_well: Hoping for something movie-related

51 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They could also release random comic-inspired sets again :shrug_oh_well: 

Don't jinx it!

You might give them ideas. Please, no random comics sets. Unless they include something that's actually fresh, like Daredevil, X-Men, F4, or countless Marvel characters they keep omitting for Avenegers' and Spider-Man's sake.

Come to think of it, it might also be connected to LEGO Super Heroes' 10th anniversary or Spidey's 60th anniversary. 

37 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Don't jinx it!

You might give them ideas. Please, no random comics sets.

Wait, you don’t want another Spidey mech, more pointless oversized Spidey vehicles, and twenty Venoms and/or venomised characters?! 

JINXING POWER ACTIVATE!! 

Tremble before my vague powerset, puny mortals! :laugh_hard:

I just want some Avengers 2012 sets. A Quinjet, Leviathan and Loki's Chituari Chariot thingy would go perfectly with a D2C Stark/Avengers Tower, if that's what the $500 set ends up being. So far, the 10th anniversary of Lego Superheroes has been very lackluster imo (especially DC but that goes without saying), so hopefully Lego musters up some surprises for the second half of this year.

22 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I just want some Avengers 2012 sets. A Quinjet, Leviathan and Loki's Chituari Chariot thingy would go perfectly with a D2C Stark/Avengers Tower, if that's what the $500 set ends up being. So far, the 10th anniversary of Lego Superheroes has been very lackluster imo (especially DC but that goes without saying), so hopefully Lego musters up some surprises for the second half of this year.

Actually, this makes me wonder: are we really sure Lego intends to celebrate the 10th anniversary of super heroes? I mean they did the Batman anniversary three years ago, and the Infinity Saga is a moderately similar concept. Can we really know that they will go through with what they did for the other themes?

41 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Actually, this makes me wonder: are we really sure Lego intends to celebrate the 10th anniversary of super heroes? I mean they did the Batman anniversary three years ago, and the Infinity Saga is a moderately similar concept. Can we really know that they will go through with what they did for the other themes?

That was more of an assumption that me and a lot of other people were making. Lego has been going all in on anniversary waves for their evergreen themes in the last few years: Star Wars in 2019, Ninjago and Harry Potter (on a technicality) in 2021, and Friends in 2022. 

There’s also the fact that it’s been ten years since the first Avengers movie and technically twenty since the first Marvel sets with Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man.

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Well, if some of them mysteriously disappear from this year’s slate, we know what happened :laugh_hard:

They could also release random comic-inspired sets again :shrug_oh_well: Hoping for something movie-related

I don't mind the idea of LEGO doing comic book sets but my complaints come from the fact that they use the same characters and place in mechs whenever they have the chance 

Like c'mon, Marvel is just more than the Avengers and Spider-Man. At least put in the X-Men, Fantastic 4 or other Spider-Man villains that aren't Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Mysterio or Sandman

There's also the fact that their comic sets aren't really comic sets, they just take aspects from various media. The 2020 Avengers sets mixed the game designs with MCU ones and some of the Spider-Man figures were inspired by the PS4 game, the 2022 mech Iron Man was just a bad manship of the Civil War Iron Man suit and Mk 42

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

That was more of an assumption that me and a lot of other people were making. Lego has been going all in on anniversary waves for their evergreen themes in the last few years: Star Wars in 2019, Ninjago and Harry Potter (on a technicality) in 2021, and Friends in 2022. 

There’s also the fact that it’s been ten years since the first Avengers movie and technically twenty since the first Marvel sets with Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man.

Would LEGO even acknowledge Sam Raimi Spider-Man films, they barely do a lot of movie sets outside the MCU

6 hours ago, The Stud said:

Same here 

Loki's 2012 figure, the Mk 7 suit, Black Widow and Hawkeye are outdated since they relied on concept art. Those characters need updated pieces 

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Don't jinx it!

You might give them ideas. Please, no random comics sets. Unless they include something that's actually fresh, like Daredevil, X-Men, F4, or countless Marvel characters they keep omitting for Avenegers' and Spider-Man's sake.

Come to think of it, it might also be connected to LEGO Super Heroes' 10th anniversary or Spidey's 60th anniversary. 

YES, YES, YES to all of this 

10 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I agree comic sets are not inherently the problem. The repetitive character roster and uninspired build selection we’ve seen in recent waves, is. Instead of endless spidey mechs with the same rotating cast,  a relevant build with heroes such as those you mentioned is something I and many others would go crazy for. But comic based sets are not inherently undesirable. Might just be me and my nostalgia but the 2014 Avengers Assemble wave was so cool to me and I am still very fond of that wave, the original X/Deadpool set (that one is almost like a fever dream). Etc.

Feel like people are a bit harsh on the baby Groot build I don’t think it’s creepy and think it’s done a good job relaying the cute factor of the character. That said it’s not something I see myself getting. 

2 hours ago, MCU Spidey 2017 said:

There's also the fact that their comic sets aren't really comic sets, they just take aspects from various media. The 2020 Avengers sets mixed the game designs with MCU ones and some of the Spider-Man figures were inspired by the PS4 game, the 2022 mech Iron Man was just a bad manship of the Civil War Iron Man suit and Mk 42

Mm I don’t completely agree with this. Looking at footage of that game online its clear the characters are depicted, costume wise very catered to their cinematic designs but facial features were not made to mirror those actors. The game had a mix of cinematic and comic influence on the character design and this is reflected in the Lego sets but I don’t think that’s the same thing as saying Lego itself took mixed inspiration for the sets. As for most of their other “comic” content, the issue here may lie in that its not always really comic content. 2012 Doc Oc set was cartoon (Ultimate Spiderman, namely) inspired, as was the 2013 Bugle and Nick Fury/Venom chase. The 2016 wave is arguably also based on that cartoon although an argument could be made that that wave in particular took mixed inspiration from both the cartoon and comics. Similarly a lot of the recent Spidey sets have been largely inspired by either into the spideyverse or the new kids cartoon people keep referencing.

This may cause confusion but ultimately when you look at these , I’ll them “non cinematic” sets, the inspiration isn’t all that mixed. The 2014 Avengers winter wave was clearly based off Avengers Assembly, same goes for the Captain Marvel Avenjet of 2015. Come to think of it, I could see how you’d confuse the 2017 Iron Man set as mixed influence seeing as how it has a comic villain and modern comic design for Iron Man, but Agent Coulson from the MCU /agents? It did come out when agents of shield was airing.but to that I say, hasn’t Agent Coulson been transferred over to the comics/cartoons as well? Far as I’m concerned his car may not exist in the comics so that Lola may be a give away to mixed influence, but that doesn’t change the fact for the bulk of the other “comic” sets, they really only took inspiration from either the comics at large, or a particular cartoon/animated movie. 

With the Marvel Studios Legacy sets coming this summer i have a feeling they might be Avengers 2012 based.

dont know if they will put that legacy logo on the box. Maybe where the Avengers logo is now.

As someone who's already built a hall of armour display with 30 of the old style plinth and was looking forward to a third set with new figures, I'm very annoyed at the Lego redesign.  The new appearance I can forgive, but changing the height too?  Not exactly an easy addition anymore.  I'll still get the damn thing obviously, but it's gonna be tough to work them in effectively.  

Edited by Brickin-it

2 hours ago, Brickin-it said:

As someone who's already built a hall of armour display with 30 of the old style plinth and was looking forward to a third set with new figures, I'm very annoyed at the Lego redesign.  The new appearance I can forgive, but changing the height too?  Not exactly an easy addition anymore.  I'll still get the damn thing obviously, but it's gonna be tough to work them in effectively.  

I have the same problem.  I'm just going to add the new suits to my current hall of armor display using the old design and not include the new design. 

I think it would look weird incorporating the new design with the old design.

8 minutes ago, JediJosh said:

I have the same problem.  I'm just going to add the new suits to my current hall of armor display using the old design and not include the new design. 

Considering I ripped apart the Hall sets to make my own version that bears aesthetic similarities to the first two but none of the structure (don’t like those clip angles) and this new one’s gone in the opposite direction, I have the same problem but exacerbated. And after I got the Iron Monger set specifically for the Mark 3 figure last year, the only appeal this set has for me is the new War Machine and the Mark 25. And I guess the new helmets but ehhh. There’s so much inconsistency at this point with the helmet designs that just thinking about it frustrates me. Unless I can get a very good discount I might just skip this one - and considering what I heard about the price, that seems unlikely. 

Moon Knight finale spoilers (hope this works, never done spoiler text before)

How long do you think it'll take before we get that sweet limo?

1 hour ago, Stonks Market said:

Hide contents

Personally I'd be a bit disappointed with that as Lego do lots of those kind of sets. I'd prefer a hall of gods set with all the main characters. Failing that a few figures in a series 2 CMF (Moon Knight, Konshu, Layla, Harrow). I appreciate that many would be unlikely too!

6 hours ago, cosmic said:

I agree comic sets are not inherently the problem. The repetitive character roster and uninspired build selection we’ve seen in recent waves, is. Instead of endless spidey mechs with the same rotating cast,  a relevant build with heroes such as those you mentioned is something I and many others would go crazy for. But comic based sets are not inherently undesirable. Might just be me and my nostalgia but the 2014 Avengers Assemble wave was so cool to me and I am still very fond of that wave, the original X/Deadpool set (that one is almost like a fever dream). Etc.

Feel like people are a bit harsh on the baby Groot build I don’t think it’s creepy and think it’s done a good job relaying the cute factor of the character. That said it’s not something I see myself getting. 

Mm I don’t completely agree with this. Looking at footage of that game online its clear the characters are depicted, costume wise very catered to their cinematic designs but facial features were not made to mirror those actors. The game had a mix of cinematic and comic influence on the character design and this is reflected in the Lego sets but I don’t think that’s the same thing as saying Lego itself took mixed inspiration for the sets. As for most of their other “comic” content, the issue here may lie in that its not always really comic content. 2012 Doc Oc set was cartoon (Ultimate Spiderman, namely) inspired, as was the 2013 Bugle and Nick Fury/Venom chase. The 2016 wave is arguably also based on that cartoon although an argument could be made that that wave in particular took mixed inspiration from both the cartoon and comics. Similarly a lot of the recent Spidey sets have been largely inspired by either into the spideyverse or the new kids cartoon people keep referencing.

This may cause confusion but ultimately when you look at these , I’ll them “non cinematic” sets, the inspiration isn’t all that mixed. The 2014 Avengers winter wave was clearly based off Avengers Assembly, same goes for the Captain Marvel Avenjet of 2015. Come to think of it, I could see how you’d confuse the 2017 Iron Man set as mixed influence seeing as how it has a comic villain and modern comic design for Iron Man, but Agent Coulson from the MCU /agents? It did come out when agents of shield was airing.but to that I say, hasn’t Agent Coulson been transferred over to the comics/cartoons as well? Far as I’m concerned his car may not exist in the comics so that Lola may be a give away to mixed influence, but that doesn’t change the fact for the bulk of the other “comic” sets, they really only took inspiration from either the comics at large, or a particular cartoon/animated movie. 

But this is basically all that I've said. The Avengers Assemble sets even had suits from Iron man 3

2 hours ago, JediJosh said:

Personally what I do plan on doing is using just the new helmet mold for MK 42 up to MK 85 figures. Every other suit in my collection sticks with the 2012 mask and if LEGO makes new versions of MK 6, 7 or a Mk4, I'll switch the mold with the old one 

Because the 2012 helmet piece though great and neatly molded only really works for Phase 1 and a few Phase 2 suits. The helmet designs in the movies changed post Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron and the 2012 helmet doesn't really do justice to that 

3 hours ago, Stonks Market said:

Hide contents

Probably never....?

17 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Actually, this makes me wonder: are we really sure Lego intends to celebrate the 10th anniversary of super heroes?

No, we just gaslit ourselves into believing it

So is that the Mk3 or the Mk4 Ironman in the workshop set?

Very dissappinted with this set, they reused Fury and Pepper and the Mk85. However, Whiplash is awesome and war machine is great.

1 hour ago, mgetz said:

So is that the Mk3 or the Mk4 Ironman in the workshop set?

Very dissappinted with this set, they reused Fury and Pepper and the Mk85. However, Whiplash is awesome and war machine is great.

MK3.

8 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Personally I'd be a bit disappointed with that as Lego do lots of those kind of sets. I'd prefer a hall of gods set with all the main characters. Failing that a few figures in a series 2 CMF (Moon Knight, Konshu, Layla, Harrow). I appreciate that many would be unlikely too!

It's a real shame Lego hasn't been doing Disney+ sets because I feel pretty much every episode of Moon Knight had some set potential. 

The museum fight, the pyramid/hall of gods, that collector's place, the boat and various things from more recent episodes like the spoiler stuff mentioned above. 

The show also reignited my disappointment of the CMFs overuse of What If figures instead of more recent Disney+ heroes, but tbf Lego might not have had anything to work with at the time. I can't remember when we got our first look at Moon Knight's costume. 

But oh well, maybe one day.