Sign in to follow this  
Captain Flint

[MOC] Tornbur Castle

Very nice texturing with all the plates and tiles.   I like the roof on the tower with the spear tip sticking out at the top.  I like the color choices on the base.  Nice build.  

Gotta say, this is a very nice-looking castle! While I don't ordinarily like these complex building techniques for Castle MOCs with lots of small tiles and plates, I think sticking with a simple color contrast (dark bley walls with light bley highlights) makes this a real pleasing build to look at, along with the rather amusing proportions of that castle keep. But what was most interesting to me is the use of that Pirates of the Caribbean scabbard as reins for the horse. It looks very naturalistic and is a fairly creative parts usage for me.

Nicely done!

Nice castle!  I really like what you did with the tiles on the sides of the battlements, narrows the gaps as well as provides some additional detail. :thumbup:

On 12/18/2021 at 7:42 PM, zoth33 said:

Very nice texturing with all the plates and tiles.   I like the roof on the tower with the spear tip sticking out at the top.  I like the color choices on the base.  Nice build.  

Thank you! I'm glad you like it!

On 12/19/2021 at 7:09 PM, Poco Lypso said:

I like that style!!!!

Nice to hear that! :classic:

On 12/19/2021 at 9:04 PM, Mr Maniac said:

Gotta say, this is a very nice-looking castle! While I don't ordinarily like these complex building techniques for Castle MOCs with lots of small tiles and plates, I think sticking with a simple color contrast (dark bley walls with light bley highlights) makes this a real pleasing build to look at, along with the rather amusing proportions of that castle keep. But what was most interesting to me is the use of that Pirates of the Caribbean scabbard as reins for the horse. It looks very naturalistic and is a fairly creative parts usage for me.

Nicely done!

Thank you! I like the walls made that way. Rein is not my idea, someone has already used it that way.

On 12/21/2021 at 7:27 PM, mrcp6d said:

Nice castle!  I really like what you did with the tiles on the sides of the battlements, narrows the gaps as well as provides some additional detail. :thumbup:

Thank you! Nice to hear you like it! :classic:

On 12/22/2021 at 4:02 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Quite the castle. You've got plenty of detail and the studs in strategic places look great.

Thank you! I'm very glad you like it!

On 12/22/2021 at 8:57 PM, Brickwolf said:

Great castle!

Thank you!

On 12/22/2021 at 9:34 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Gorgeous MOC and amazing building technique! :pir-wub:

The slightly curved roof is impressive! :thumbup:

Thanks! Nice to hear you like the roof! :classic:

As always, displaying a recognizable style. The castle looks great. My only complaint at this point would be that it would be great to see more of your builds together. Have you considered making a larger layout with various buildings and landscape? I'm sure it would look great. 

Looks very fine and there is a lot of texture.
Like it a lot.

On 1/2/2022 at 8:39 PM, Redhead1982 said:

As always, displaying a recognizable style. The castle looks great. My only complaint at this point would be that it would be great to see more of your builds together. Have you considered making a larger layout with various buildings and landscape? I'm sure it would look great. 

Thank you for your kind words! Unfortunately for a large landscape I don’t have enough bricks currently!

On 1/2/2022 at 9:35 PM, Niku said:

Looks very fine and there is a lot of texture.
Like it a lot.

Thank you! I'm very glad you like it!