merman

Issue with UCS AT-AT!!!

Finished building mine, followed the instructions but left out the green connectors. As I thought, the orange pins got pushed inside when attaching the black 1x2 liftarms but I was able to hold them in place by using the brick seperator to hold the axle at the other end.

Just finished - wow - love this set.

I am going to change one thing on it - the little "bits" that stick out near the legs are only attached by 1 single stud - which are guaranteed to fall off when you carry the AT-AT - going to change the part out for a pair of 2x2 plates as opposed to the 2x2 center hole plate - it just will not hold otherwise. Why they did it this way is stupid beyond my reasoning.

Also doesn't make sense why they only had 2 speeders - when there's room for 4.

Prob going to buy parts to add two more speeders :P

Aside from that - great set - issues aside - worth it. Every bit.

31 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

Finished building mine, followed the instructions but left out the green connectors. As I thought, the orange pins got pushed inside when attaching the black 1x2 liftarms but I was able to hold them in place by using the brick seperator to hold the axle at the other end.

With mine I assembled as instructed - but I let the capped axle stick out by a couple of mm's - tweezers can pull it out.

Edited by Kage Goomba
wrong part

5 minutes ago, Kage Goomba said:

Just finished - wow - love this set.

I am going to change one thing on it - the little "bits" that stick out near the legs are only attached by 1 single stud - which are guaranteed to fall off when you carry the AT-AT - going to change the part out for a pair of center stud 1x2 plates as opposed to the 2x2 center hole plate - it just will not hold otherwise.

Also doesn't make sense why they only had 2 speeders - when there's room for 4.

Prob going to buy parts to add two more speeders :P

A 2x2 turntable might work? Though I'm not sure if they will stay upright, it might be top heavy.

The battlepack releasing next month has the same speederbikes so you could wait for that instead.

1 minute ago, 1340cc said:

A 2x2 turntable might work? Though I'm not sure if they will stay upright, it might be top heavy.

The battlepack releasing next month has the same speederbikes so you could wait for that instead.

Ouu..that might work out then (battlepack).

I don't see a reason for a turntable honestly - theirs plenty of room and the legs aren't likely to move often unless your going to pose them at awkward angles.

Lego have responded to the issue.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-responds-design-flaw-star-wars-at-at/amp/

It seems they believe it's a non issue and the piece can be extracted without using force and damage although the method they recommend is unconventional.

I'm not sure it's a "fatal design flaw" that's clickbait headlines for you though.

Edited by SquirrelArmy

Did anyone think to ask them how to get the stickers back on the sticker sheet when you dismantle it? If I can't do this I certainly won't be buying this set.

4 minutes ago, timemail said:

Did anyone think to ask them how to get the stickers back on the sticker sheet when you dismantle it? If I can't do this I certainly won't be buying this set.

What?

1: The stickers are on single pieces so you can just toss parts them in the lot without worry or concern for damage.

2: These are not the kind of stickers you can remove once placed.

If this is the kind of thing that bugs you that much - don't put them on in the first place.

46 minutes ago, SquirrelArmy said:

It seems they believe it's a non issue and the piece can be extracted without using force and damage although the method they recommend is unconventional.

I'm not sure it's a "fatal design flaw" that's clickbait headlines for you though.

I wouldn't call this fatal.

But I don't like the response either.

I just left a mm gap and its fine. But its not that big of a deal really. Not what I call a deal breaker.

As for Lego's view point - I'd like to see a video of them removing the part. :P

43 minutes ago, timemail said:

I always struggle to reseal the tape on the box too. It's so frustrating. :wink:

28 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

Timemail is making a little joke about how this has been blown way out of proportion.

Ah....ok.....I hope.

A fatal design flaw??  Give me a f**king break. :ugh:

1 hour ago, Friscorays said:

Timemail is making a little joke about how this has been blown way out of proportion.

Good.

19 hours ago, timemail said:

This is a very high quality and hilarious retort. Magnificent!

On 11/26/2021 at 5:57 AM, Brikkyy13 said:

...This is gold, I can't wait to watch this get blown way out of proportion. People who never intended to buy this set will be using this as their excuse not to buy it and will cause copious amounts of drama just like the perceived lack of minifigures in the gunship....

[Jaques Cousteau] ...Three weeks lay-tare... [/Jaques Cousteau]

Nostradamus??  Is that you?

EDIT - nevermind.

^_^

On 12/12/2021 at 2:54 AM, SquirrelArmy said:

Lego Crop says they have NOT responded to the issue yet. Or at least they are not done looking into this.

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Our Quality team is still analyzing the information you have sent us. Please, keep in mind that these processes may take a while.

If a modification is made, as we've done with other sets, we'll announce it directly on our official channels so all our fans are aware :)

Have a bricktastic day!

I pointed them to the article. Gotta love media over dramatizing things.

PS: sorry for the multi ping - Windows is being a turd today.

Edited by Kage Goomba
error

Got a response from Lego this morning.

Thanks for getting in touch with us again and providing the website link. As this is a fan website I can confirm that this is not an official statement from LEGO®.

We have forwarded this onto our quality department for further investigation.

I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions, feel free to reach back out to us.
Have a lovely day and stay safe! :)

So that article claiming LEGO is "done" - is a lie.

Gotta love journalism.

I strongly suggest the author posts this in the first post.

This pretty much emphatically ends the thread.

Anything else is a waste of time short of "better methods"

Lego's pretty much made it clear now.

1 hour ago, Kage Goomba said:

Yep!

1 hour ago, Kage Goomba said:

I just wanted to post this. I mean I didn't get the issue at all. And I also thought those pins are usually quite easy to get out with the brick seperator.

But my god - how something so small and non-relevant - can blow up this way.

Just now, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

I just wanted to post this. I mean I didn't get the issue at all. And I also thought those pins are usually quite easy to get out with the brick seperator.

But my god - how something so small and non-relevant - can blow up this way.

In all fairness it wasn't that obvious in terms of solutions.

I am thankful that Lego put this out so that the few folks who were apparently so distraught about the issue can get back to living their lives.

6 minutes ago, Friscorays said:

I am thankful that Lego put this out so that the few folks who were apparently so distraught about the issue can get back to living their lives.

There's no one out there that hates LEGO quite as much as LEGO fans, that's for sure.

I didn't really get the massive explosion of anger about it, anyway.  The issue with the brown pins on the legs, to me, seemed like one of those things where if you just yank at it from the right way, it'll come apart eventually.  If you're taking the thing apart anyway, no big deal if some extra pieces come off.  At least, was how I would approach disassembly of a Technic set when I was a kid (and, actually, how I still do :laugh:)

1 hour ago, Friscorays said:

I know but...WILL THEY?  C A N  T H E Y ? ?

I gotta say, I'm a bit worried for them....

12 minutes ago, lowlead said:

I know but...WILL THEY?  C A N  T H E Y ? ?

I gotta say, I'm a bit worried for them....

Now now..be kind...some people just can't take it. :)

43 minutes ago, lowlead said:

I know, I know :laugh:  I'll stop...

...and buy 'em a Duplo or something.

Hey..where's my duplo?

Now there's an idea - anyone done an AT-AT in Duplo? :)