Sign in to follow this  
jtooker

CDC2 Ancient Wonders: Lighthouse at Ashkharin

Ancient Lighthouse at Ashkharin

Lighthouse at Ashkharin  

The Lighthouse at Ashkharin is one of the Ancient Wonders of Historia. Located on the isle of Gorr near what is now known as Stone Town, this lighthouse alerted ships of northern point of the island.

Lighthouse at Ashkharin  

Though much of Gorr’s ancient history disappeared with its inhabitants around the time Kaligem was destroyed, this lighthouse lives on in memory due to its enormous size and importance. It stretched 430 feet (130m) over the ocean waves and its fires could be seen for miles away over sea and land. Before its destruction, it was the tallest building in all of Historica.

Entry Level above the Sea  
Spoiler

My entry for Category 2: Ancient Wonders of the Guilds of Historica’s Anniversary Countdown Challenge.

Full lighthouse   Rocks   Base of the Lighthouse

Ah!!!  Your colors are soo nice here - I just love that first pic with the Kali colors, the tan (which should also count as a Kali color :tongue: :laugh:), brown, and light and dark blue blended together :wub:  The curved pillars around the fire and the dark tan in the rockwork are great as well, and when you scroll down and see the real height of this thing it is very impressive!  Very nice work! 

This is really good, very imposing lighthouse especially when you look at the size of your little figures!  The colors work super well together, I love the contrast between the clean lighthouse and the highly textured rock.  The chaotic scattered water works great at this scale too.  A great addition to Historica's wonders!

On 10/11/2021 at 8:55 AM, Garmadon said:

Ah!!!  Your colors are soo nice here - I just love that first pic with the Kali colors, the tan (which should also count as a Kali color :tongue: :laugh:), brown, and light and dark blue blended together :wub:  The curved pillars around the fire and the dark tan in the rockwork are great as well, and when you scroll down and see the real height of this thing it is very impressive!  Very nice work! 

Thank you for the kind words.  I'm glad the Kali colors came through.

On 10/11/2021 at 12:07 PM, W Navarre said:

Awesome, it almost looks like a sky scraper :wink: . I like the way it's built into the cliffside, that section is great!

Thanks!

On 10/11/2021 at 6:25 PM, Kai NRG said:

This is really good, very imposing lighthouse especially when you look at the size of your little figures!  The colors work super well together, I love the contrast between the clean lighthouse and the highly textured rock.  The chaotic scattered water works great at this scale too.  A great addition to Historica's wonders!

I'm glad the water turned out ok - I was a bit worried especially since I didn't have many other options.

Its great to see how this ending up after seeing little glimpses of this as a wip. It really feels like a enormous towering wonder! Love the rockwork and the detailing at the top!

This is really nice jtooker!  Obviously the sheer size is great, and I really love how you used SNOT with the columns and the concave slopes within them.  Also the integration of those small column sections into the rockwork at the near corner is sublime, certainly adds some realism.  Fantastic MOC!