Sign in to follow this  
Justsomebrix

[COR- Faction Flavors] Antonio's office

The Grandall’s were the owners of a wealthy trade company in Eslandola. The company had been passed down for generations, but throughout the years, as trade grew in the new world, the companies who refused to expand disappeared one after the other.

Antonio Grandall had watched his father run their company into bankruptcy. When he finally took over, he gained the trust of enough investors to maintain the company alive and relocate to the city of Punto Sur.

Since then he has become a strong competitor who, despite being at the head of one of the smallest Elsandolan Trade companies, is both respected and feared by his opponants.

If there is one thing you can say about Antonio Grandall, there's very few things he won't do to achieve his goals...

2021-09-10_06-33-20

On the company's most recent voyage, a portion of the profits had not made it back to Ponto Sur. Something Grandall can't let his investors know, but not to worry, Antonio will get his money back.

----

Excuse the bad picture quality. I realise you barely see him on the picture but Antonio Grandall is the man sitting behind the desk, the man with the money poutch is an investor and the poor captive is a member of the crew who kept part of the profits.

Edited by Justsomebrix

Nice and well-built building with furnishings, boxes, barrels and sacks. The scene in the basement is the highlight.:pir-oh: The prisoner with the sack over his head is a good idea. It looks realistic. You also told a suitable and good story.

Great vignette, I really like the details like the sword on top of the shelf, the tall candlestick, and the elaborate chair (as much as I can see of it!).  Also great use of the bag over the head of the captive.  Neat idea to show the "underside" of Antonio's character this way. :thumbup:

Very cool vignette. Clever use of the sack and I have to complement you on those great colorcombinations.

Nice one! I've been admiring this on Flickr for a few weeks. The upstairs chair is fantastic, and nice usage of rings. The sword display is pretty fun! The sack as a covered head is hilarious.

Is that mouse with the different colored tail an official TLG piece?

On 10/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, NOD said:

Nice and well-built building with furnishings, boxes, barrels and sacks. The scene in the basement is the highlight.:pir-oh: The prisoner with the sack over his head is a good idea. It looks realistic. You also told a suitable and good story.

Thank you !

19 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great vignette, I really like the details like the sword on top of the shelf, the tall candlestick, and the elaborate chair (as much as I can see of it!).  Also great use of the bag over the head of the captive.  Neat idea to show the "underside" of Antonio's character this way. :thumbup:

Thank you, I've had the chair built for over 4 years , was about time I finally used it :pir-grin:

18 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Very cool vignette. Clever use of the sack and I have to complement you on those great colorcombinations.

Thank you very much !

15 hours ago, evancelt said:

Nice one! I've been admiring this on Flickr for a few weeks. The upstairs chair is fantastic, and nice usage of rings. The sword display is pretty fun! The sack as a covered head is hilarious.

Is that mouse with the different colored tail an official TLG piece?

Thanks, I have indeed had the build ready for a month now but kept procrastinating on coming up with a story:pir-tongue:

The mouse is from the cmf series 18, the elephant lady figure, nothing custom in this build.

A really nice vignette! Small details as others mentioned (the sword hilt, desk chair, horizontal wooden beams, candlestick :pir-wub: ) make it really shine, while minifigs are cleverly chosen.

3 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

The mouse is from the cmf series 18, the elephant lady figure

Nice! Hadnt seen that one before

A great little scene. I like the ominous atmosphere you've managed to create in the basement with the clutter, darkness and minifig posing. Well done!