Lion King

LEGO 40530 - Jane Goodall - Rumors & Discussions

1 hour ago, Prometheus87 said:

What do others think the rest of the build could be? If it's a similar set/piece point to the Amelia Earhart set, I could see a large central tree, with 2-4 chimps, and some research equipment with the Jane Goodall minifigure. Lego these days seems to LOVE trees.

I think it will have a tree and a tent / camp build

After Amelia and Jane, Marie Curie is a must for 2022

Edited by Robert8

43 minutes ago, williejm said:

I think it will have a tree and a tent / camp build

Definitley it woul be best than being stuck in a lab. 

17 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

What do others think the rest of the build could be? If it's a similar set/piece point to the Amelia Earhart set, I could see a large central tree, with 2-4 chimps, and some research equipment with the Jane Goodall minifigure. Lego these days seems to LOVE trees.

I would imagine one minifigure, one smallish tree, a little bit of scenery (a couple of bushes) and one chimp. On a base using half the parts in the set.

On 9/29/2021 at 8:14 AM, MAB said:

I would imagine one minifigure, one smallish tree, a little bit of scenery (a couple of bushes) and one chimp. On a base using half the parts in the set.

With a tiny plaque piece. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

43 minutes ago, williejm said:

I’m hoping that’s a typo 😆

OOPS! You stand correct - it is a typo. I meant to say plaque! :look:

Edited by DBlegonerd7

On 9/29/2021 at 5:39 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

With a tiny plague piece. 

Maybe a First Responders set with a quarantine section will be next years GWP? Would be a nice way to honor them. 

Edited by Prometheus87

Would be nice if there were some male scientists represented in Lego for once. There are currently no real-life male role models in Lego form for young boys.

All for female representation, but currently it's a bit one sided.

Charles Darwin or Alan Turing would make good Lego sets.

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Will we find out more about this set/GWP soon as we are almost halfway January?

Agreed. It's really a bummer that Lego has discontinued the monthly calendars. I feel like I've got blinders on now in terms of planning out my purchases.

2 hours ago, TheMainBricker said:

Would be nice if there were some male scientists represented in Lego for once. There are currently no real-life male role models in Lego form for young boys.

That’s quite true. 

But this Jane Goodall set/GWP is coincided with March, which it’s Women’s History Month and March 8 is International Women Day. It would make more sense. 

But yeah, I would love to get real-life male roles in lego world (other than just fictional characters, such as Captian America, Shaggy, Indiana Jones, etc) for my collection. 

3 hours ago, TheMainBricker said:

Hmm, I mean the representation effort is in one direction to make up for inequity of course, but yeah I agree those would be good figures and people to honour. Maybe Turing for Pride Month? 

Edited by williejm

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Hmm, I mean the representation effort is in one direction to make up for inequity of course, but yeah I agree those would be good figures and people to honour. Maybe Turing for Pride Month? 

Or Harvey Milk for Pride Month

On 1/29/2022 at 2:46 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m trying to stay sane when there is no new info on this set / GWP yet. :(

Same. Especially since we only got about a week of warning for the modular building tie in taxi cab gwp. If this turns out to be an International Women’s Day promo like the Amelia Earhart tribute was, we could be cutting it very close on whether or not we find out about it before March 1st (when a bunch on new sets drop). Not knowing if I’m going to get the sets I want first day or wait a week until the promo and risk the ones I want being temporarily sold out by then is going to be a bit anxiety inducing. 

Nonetheless, my mom’s a massive Goodall fan so there’s no way I’m not picking up at least one copy of this set. I figure if there’s no leaks by the last full week of February I’ll contact Lego customer service and ask if there’s going to be another IWD promo like there was last year (with maybe a side comment about how much I hate the fact that they’re not doing store calendars anymore :hmpf:)

It looks like Jane Goodall GWP will be available March 1 - 15. 

Honestly, I wish it’s a regular set, not GWP - i don’t wnat to buy too much sets to get that GWP. 

14 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It looks like Jane Goodall GWP will be available March 1 - 15. 

Wait, I heard March 3-15. Anyone have any clarification?

5 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Wait, I heard March 3-15. Anyone have any clarification?

My bad! I misread - you are correct, it should be March 3 - 15. 

Sorry about that confusion!

Seems pretty nice to me! A fairly detailed jungle scene, minifigure, and three chimpanzees (which do, indeed, use the mold from the collectible minifigures). It certainly seems like a great follow-up to the Amelia Earhart Tribute LEGO released for International Women's Day 2021.

In fact, I feel like a lot of people might prefer this one over the Amelia Earhart Tribute, since I remember the latter getting quite a bit of criticism for the size of its base/display stand relative to the actual model. That doesn't seem to be an issue with the Jane Goodall tribute if the pics I've seen are in fact authentic.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Pics are out now

Kind of meh... 

Really? I think it's very neat. Not a huge amount there, but it feels like there is, which is nice. Good variety of stuff, and the black base looks slick.

It looks nice to me and great to see that hair piece in white, which I think is a first for it.

Here's hoping the hair and chimpanzees appear on B&P, and the face if we're lucky as with Emilia Earhart.

Seems like a nice solid build for a gwp. Sturdy looking base with a little stream, nice selection of small trees, and obviously the Minifigure and chimps are great. Looks like a decent assortment of plant parts too. It looks very fun, looking forward to getting it.