8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is Ninjago ending? Like the theme?

Because this promo says series finale

Yes and no.

Crystalized will be the last seasons of Ninjago, but next year we are getting a new series, which might be a continuation.

We don't know how it will really work, or if it will even have Ninjago in its title. The creators said that while it's not a reboot, neither will it be considered Season 16.

We will still be getting sets tho. Core will return in January and March, while in Summer we'll probably get sets based on the new series.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Oh wow, didn't expect to get Golden Ninja in the magazine. This is amazing.

So we've got only Jay left. I suppose they'll also use the Golden variant instead of the Dragon one.

If that's the case, I'll need to buy his motorcycle to get all Crystalized Jay variants.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh wow, didn't expect to get Golden Ninja in the magazine. This is amazing.

So we've got only Jay left. I suppose they'll also use the Golden variant instead of the Dragon one.

If that's the case, I'll need to buy his motorcycle to get all Crystalized Jay variants.

Yep, honestly I kind of hope that we get normal golden jay over the dragon form, much easier to grab the bike than the Sam-X mech. Anyone in the UK who’s interested in the Kai raider should check eBay. There’s a couple on there for about 60-70 quid, a decent price considering the extortionate price of £90 Lego themselves are currently asking. I do not understand how they think that thing is worth that amount of money. Managed to grab a sealed copy for £60 which is great, but waiting for it to turn up. 

Are we good to talk about spoilers here or shall we leave it for a bit (under the spoiler tab obviously)? Kind of wild to think that something that has been such a big part of my life is now gone, for now at least. There’s already rumours of the next instalment. 

Just finished all the episodes, and I really liked them. Such a good season. 

The sets have done a fantastic job of covering the whole season. The builds are all really accurate, except maybe The Crystal Palace, but it looks so amazing on my display that I can't complain.

As for the minfigures, they are all exceptional — except, unfortunately, Lloyd and Garmadon. (Ironic, isn't it? Probably the most important characters in the whole series). 

Lloyd's regular suit has a golden shoulder pad, which doesn't fit well at all. And the Golden variant... is, well, an incomplete and inaccurate minifigure of a costume that appeared for five seconds. We should've gotten his regular Golden suit instead, with black hand a ninja mask with a black bandana.

Garmadon is also pretty awkward — it's not the Oni variant, because it doesn't have two additional arms, nor the wings, but it's also not the regular Garmadon, because it has an Oni mask instead of his helmet.

Still, the wave is pretty amazing, and the season was great, so I am really satisfied (plus, most magazine gifts are absolutely fantastic).

1 hour ago, a guy from somewhere said:

There’s already rumours of the next instalment. 

Not rumours — at Comic-Con the creators of Ninjago have confirmed an all-new series is coming next year.

By all-new they mean that it's not the Ninjago: Masters of Spjnjitzu to Ninjago case, where the latter is considered as seasons 11–15. It will be more separated than that, but we don't know how much.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

7 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Wondering if we'll finally get a timeskip with new ninja. And the originals as Senseis/Masters

That's what I've been thinking about basically since Ninjago began. Seeing them as Masters training a new generation of ninja would be great.

18 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Wondering if we'll finally get a timeskip with new ninja. And the originals as Senseis/Masters

That could be a cool direction to take the series in, but I'm not sure if Lego would be willing to risk that. I kind of doubt that people (especially kids) would stop buying it just because Kai was no longer one of the main ninjas, but Lego still might be leery of changing the dynamic when the sets seem to still sell pretty well as is. 

Fans have been speculating about a next generation of ninja basically since 2013 when the original “reboot” was announced. I do think it could work, so long as the designers don’t solely rely on new characters to keep the sets fresh. I’d hate to see them retread old ideas when the last few years have seen such unique and creative subthemes. I suppose it is a risk that people might stop buying once their favorite characters are no longer the main heroes, but (anecdotally) it seems like sales have already been lower in recent years. Maybe a next generation would reinvigorate the theme while keeping old fans around. 

If a new team does form, I’d like to see a different set of elements/colors for them. I’d also prefer the new team not be made up of previous side characters or elemental masters. 

Wow had no idea Ninjago as we know it is coming to an end, guess all good things must come to an end. Interested to see if the new series will be a continuation with some or all of the 6 main Ninja, or set in a different timeline/universe and essentially a new identity altogether. 

Not 2022 related but I just got Zane’s mino creature in the mail. I love having a creature for each ninja and by end of year I’ll have Zane’s Rhino, Nia and Kais Fire/water dragons, and possibly Lloyds Green dragon from TLNM. That said, I don’t know what creature’s I’ll use for Cole or Jai. I hope the Legacy waves provide some modern looking designs for creatures for them to work with. That said I swore this rhino belonged to Cole the entire time just based off his color scheme, and this is me admitting I don’t keep up with the show. 

The "new ninja" seemed pretty under-utilized in this season... Perhaps they're actually the new generation of ninja?

On 10/16/2022 at 3:58 PM, BraveMax said:

The "new ninja" seemed pretty under-utilized in this season... Perhaps they're actually the new generation of ninja?

No, they most definitely are not.

I really hope the set designers find a way to sneak in the final elemental master we’re missing (Chamille) before any sudden changes in the storyline and sets. It would be a shame if we ended up with all but one! 

7 hours ago, Rolyat24 said:

I really hope the set designers find a way to sneak in the final elemental master we’re missing (Chamille) before any sudden changes in the storyline and sets. It would be a shame if we ended up with all but one! 

Agreed, although I dont currently collect the elemental masters, it would be nice to see the final master before stuff changes, although I remember in season 9 Chamille was said to be doing "bad things again" by Karloff so maybe she could turn up as a villain in the new series, considering its not a reboot. That would be very nice to see, maybe a battle in Metalonia?

On 10/19/2022 at 6:14 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No, they most definitely are not.

Not underutilized, or not the new ninja? If you have some kind of insider knowledge, please feel free to share!

30 minutes ago, BraveMax said:

Not underutilized, or not the new ninja? If you have some kind of insider knowledge, please feel free to share!

Not the new ninja.

Come on, they've just been plot devices for the final season. They are stereotypical, generic, any crime that's bigger than a street-level one

And introducing a whole new team of random ninjas is not the way to go with the continuation.

On 10/22/2022 at 7:50 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not the new ninja.

Come on, they've just been plot devices for the final season. They are stereotypical, generic, any crime that's bigger than a street-level one

And introducing a whole new team of random ninjas is not the way to go with the continuation.

Feels like you got cut off here. Regardless - your point sounds like it's just as much speculation as mine. You might not wish for a new team that's "random"... But the old team was a team of "random ninjas" at first, and there's no reason this one couldn't be. I dunno that it makes more sense to me for them to "train" anyone else we already know, aside from Nelson?

It may not be these ninja, but I'd expect any new team to have at least a couple new characters.

Edited by BraveMax

I'd love new characters purely because we all have like 50 variants of the same 6 Ninja. Give us new colours and elemental powers already. Actually it'd be interesting if a new set of heroes weren't all Ninja. Ninjago is the name of the world, so it'd still be Ninjago even if the main characters weren't Ninja. Imagine a team made up of more diverse fighter classes like a D&D adventuring party, there'd be potential for loads of different story directions if the main characters all came from different cultures and had differing abilities. 

50 minutes ago, Killian said:

I'd love new characters purely because we all have like 50 variants of the same 6 Ninja. Give us new colours and elemental powers already. Actually it'd be interesting if a new set of heroes weren't all Ninja. Ninjago is the name of the world, so it'd still be Ninjago even if the main characters weren't Ninja. Imagine a team made up of more diverse fighter classes like a D&D adventuring party, there'd be potential for loads of different story directions if the main characters all came from different cultures and had differing abilities. 

Personally I still want to go back to the classic style of Ninjago, where they don’t have a ton of these crazy vehicles and things just lying around. I want to see a return to something like the first wave or the original ninja castle sub theme for a wave or 2. Core kind of gives me that vibe but they’re still pushing sets like the combo mech and Lloyds racer. 

With Friends supposedly getting an entirely new group of main characters, I wouldn't rule out new ninjas yet, at some point.

9 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Personally I still want to go back to the classic style of Ninjago, where they don’t have a ton of these crazy vehicles and things just lying around. I want to see a return to something like the first wave or the original ninja castle sub theme for a wave or 2. Core kind of gives me that vibe but they’re still pushing sets like the combo mech and Lloyds racer. 

I don't necessarily want a permanent return to the castle-style Ninja series, but I think one or two waves of that every now and then would be a great change of pace. 

10 hours ago, Killian said:

Even if all the main characters are still ninja, I think you're on to something with having them all feel a little more diverse. Obviously each of the main characters right now has a unique personality and element, but their skill sets tend to blend most of the time. 

11 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Yeah, i do want some realistic castle-ninja sets. I mean I really want some Japanese castles and other sets -take a look at Ghost of Tsushima video game (i know it’s a rated one, too adult-y for kids….).

A new weapons pack has leaked, its very bone themed. Perfect for halloween, but I suspect its either for ninjago, maybe for the villains of next wave, or maybe monkie kid, although the lady bone demon arc is finished now. Very intriguing and they look very cool. 

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

A new weapons pack has leaked, its very bone themed. Perfect for halloween, but I suspect its either for ninjago, maybe for the villains of next wave, or maybe monkie kid, although the lady bone demon arc is finished now. Very intriguing and they look very cool. 

The inclusion of shurikens and sais (traditionally Japanese weapons as opposed to Chinese ones) makes me think Ninjago.

It's interesting! I wonder if we'll be getting Skulkin again, and if so, if there'll be some sort of twist to them compared to previous incarnations. A dedicated weapon pack is certainly promising, and while we've gotten some somewhat stripped down Skulkin in the Legacy theme, it'd be awesome to see some more skeleton vehicles and maybe Samukai even making another appearance.

Skulkin got updated heads in 2019, last seen in a small 2021 set but overall only have been in very few sets with little presence with no location/vehicle whatsoever since Legacy, so if a villain type would replace those orange Snakes , even in Core, Skulkin would be nice imo.

Also the 2020 (master of the mountain) Skull mould could easily be used as generic skeletons, decoration , or maybe even ammunition  ( 2521: Lightning Dragon Battle and 2505: Garmadon's Dark Fortress had skull-rockets)

Edited by TeriXeri