Looks like Legacy is officially dead. I’ve come to terms with that, as the subtheme had a great run and was probably approaching “modern” Ninjago too quickly to remain viable. I do appreciate Core and EVO for what they are; they don’t lock designers into only remaking old sets (with some exceptions). With Legacy, there were naturally a lot of comparisons to be made to the original sets. Meanwhile Core seems better at taking old ideas and reimagining them. Plus, we get some brand new ideas mixed in. We would never be getting a $100 ice dragon or Jay’s Titan Mech under the Legacy theme. I’m optimistic and looking forward to more information and pictures! 

I wonder if the sets are split up again like last year, 3 spinners and the Training Ground were released in March, but also retiring the fastest at the end of this year, there are 3 sets named Nya, Cole, Zane "gimmick" so probably those small €10 sized sets we see regularly.

The 2022 spinners have some cool figs but very few pieces in comparison to earlier years, especially 2019, even tho the system does work well with the ripcord and being enclosed. (Zane spinner was in the training center)

Edited by TeriXeri

As predicted, next magazine gift is the crystal king himself! Surprised that dragon jay wasn’t it to round out the ninja but he is in the cheapest set. Sadly without the cool dark grey armour from the crystal king set as well. 

11 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

As predicted, next magazine gift is the crystal king himself! Surprised that dragon jay wasn’t it to round out the ninja but he is in the cheapest set. Sadly without the cool dark grey armour from the crystal king set as well. 

Don't forget Cole.

But for now the pattern is — Dragon ninja, a slightly altered character from The Crystal King set, Dragon ninja, and a slightly altered character from The Crystal King set.

I'd assume we'll get Cole next, since Jay will be available in an activity book (although without wings, which makes it kinda useless).

22 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Don't forget Cole.

But for now the pattern is — Dragon ninja, a slightly altered character from The Crystal King set, Dragon ninja, and a slightly altered character from The Crystal King set.

I'd assume we'll get Cole next, since Jay will be available in an activity book (although without wings, which makes it kinda useless).

Oh course! I have him sat with Kai on my desk, I was under the impression he was also in a magazine. I wonder who will be next then. If we go by the suspected pattern, it’ll be a dragon ninja and maybe harumi? Either that or a crystal warrior, which I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what we get given the prevalence in other sets. I’m honestly pretty happy that we have only 1 faction for this wave, I get sick of when we have multiple factions like in prime empire where I ended up with a ton of rats and like 2 red visors.

Well, just went on Lego.com this morning to check the damages, and it’s bad. All of the sets that went up where not predicted to go up, and some of these are downright insane. Ninjago city gardens is now £300, up from £260, the hydro bounty and golden ultra dragon are both now £130, up from £125 (sucks because I was on the fence getting the dragon but oh well, money saved I guess) and possibly worst of all, the Kai raider and ultra combo mech are now £90, up from £75. The Kai raider I was prepared for, but all data showed it wasn’t going up. But the combo mech? The one EVO set I still need to get? £90?!? And the temple didn’t change either. This isn’t good. Other sets include all £55 sets are now £60.

One last note, Sam X mech is up £105 from £100, a little disappointing. 

4 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Well, just went on Lego.com this morning to check the damages, and it’s bad. All of the sets that went up where not predicted to go up, and some of these are downright insane.

All the price increases seem to be on point with the Stonewars listed posted in June, not sure where they got the info but it looks like all the sets listed sadly got increased by that amount.

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-preiserhoehung-september-2022/

For me, interest in Ninjago is still there, but mainly relies on the big consistent discounts it still gets, whereas something like Monkie Kid has more value at full price, but is pretty much never discounted at all due to exclusivity.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Oh course! I have him sat with Kai on my desk, I was under the impression he was also in a magazine. I wonder who will be next then. If we go by the suspected pattern, it’ll be a dragon ninja and maybe harumi? Either that or a crystal warrior, which I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what we get given the prevalence in other sets. I’m honestly pretty happy that we have only 1 faction for this wave, I get sick of when we have multiple factions like in prime empire where I ended up with a ton of rats and like 2 red visors.

I wonder how long we'll keep getting Crystalized gifts in the magazine for — I hope as long as possible, Core can wait (and it's also in the Legacy magazine). And yeah, I think Cole and Harumi would be safe guesses for the next magazines.

I think the only ones with a possibility of appearing in a magazine are — Dragon Cole, Harumi, Crystal Warrior (or Brute / Guard, but Warrior seems most likely), Skylor, Dragon Jay, Nya (without shoulder pads), and Nelson — in that order. But I don't suppose we'll keep getting Crystalized gifts until May (even tho I hope so).

I wonder if we'll get any members of The C.O.C.K as free gifts in the magazine? It'd be cool to get General Aspheera without having to buy the Dragon Cruiser.

And yes, I made this post so I could use the acronym :innocent:

5 hours ago, Killian said:

I wonder if we'll get any members of The C.O.C.K as free gifts in the magazine? It'd be cool to get General Aspheera without having to buy the Dragon Cruiser.

And yes, I made this post so I could use the acronym :innocent:

Talk about an oversight..... but yes, I agree, I'd like to get the council members in mag gifts, however if we are going through the dragon ninja right now, plus the crystal king himself, I'm not really sure if there will be space. I will have to check how many foil packs we get for each season. Part of me is hoping to get Harumi now, although she's not a hard figure to make. The new episodes are starting to drop in shocking quality, but at least they are in English. I think this seasons biggest flaw is the 10 min episode runtime, they could have benefitted from a 20 min upgrade. But so far, part 2 looks damn well amazing, its a shame I don't think I'll be picking up any more sets, especially with the new price increases. My local toyshop is almost sold out of lego in general apart from the crystallised sets, due to them putting the prices up weeks before they actually went up. I'm hoping I can grab some of the sets on half off when they eventually go on sale. I really do want to get the crystal king mech and the temple set but they're way out of my current budget. 

Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu: 14 (three of them technically weren't SotFS minifigures, but the magazine itself was)

Prime Empire: 4

Master of the Mountain: 5

The Island: 5

Seabound: 9

Core: 2

Crystalized: 4 (so far)

I could see it going either way — they stop in Winter 2023 and we get more Core gifts until Summer 2023 with the new series, or we keep getting Crystalized until Summer 2023, while they save Core for the Legacy magazine.

It would be highly disappointing if both the regular Ninjago magazine and the Legacy one suddenly became Core magazines, with no Crystalized gifts.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Spoiler

well here I find myself again as an adult person, watching the recordings (of probably a kid) of a Ninjago episode that aired somewhere on some local television channel, instead of being released on Netflix first - with us knowing.

That being said: While never reaching the S8-9 quality, the new episode was quite well written. I've seen larger budget movies that could have used this clever writing for returning a dead character - in this case Harumi and the Overlord. Even the inclusion of the Oni tempel altar almost made sense, according to the established rules within the Ninjago universe (only the Oni masks were missing). Insane that a overly dragged out kids-ninja-samurai-mech-toy commercial has better writing than many big budget things out there :pir_laugh2:

2 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:
  Hide contents

well here I find myself again as an adult person, watching the recordings (of probably a kid) of a Ninjago episode that aired somewhere on some local television channel, instead of being released on Netflix first - with us knowing.

That being said: While never reaching the S8-9 quality, the new episode was quite well written. I've seen larger budget movies that could have used this clever writing for returning a dead character - in this case Harumi and the Overlord. Even the inclusion of the Oni tempel altar almost made sense, according to the established rules within the Ninjago universe (only the Oni masks were missing). Insane that a overly dragged out kids-ninja-samurai-mech-toy commercial has better writing than many big budget things out there :pir_laugh2:

Not just the writing but the show in general. Sure there are cheesy bits as its meant for the kids, but I honestly believe that this show is one of the greatest cartoons to come out of western television. The music in particular is absurdly good and I wish people would give it a chance. If crystallised leaned way in on the whole "dark, gritty, mature" theming from the oni trilogy I think it would be just downright awesome. But theres something thats holding it back, thats just too cartoony. The Netflix release is another thing. We know that so many people put so much hard work into the show and it all gets wasted by a crappy camcorder recording of a Chinese version with an English dub that releases out of nowhere. Its awful, and its all because the higher-ups dont want it released. I do see the appeal of releasing it later though. Now the set prices have gone up, they may make an extra quick buck now that the vehicles get shown off much more prominently in the show. I know ill probably want to pick up the bigger vehicles now that they are used in the show, thats kinda what the whole point of the show was. But still, I enjoy if for what its worth, and I'm loving the whole crystal look. I just hope we get more episodes soon in a better recording. 

Spoiler

People are speculating that P.I.X.A.L will be this season's death because an episode is called Compatible. I hope not though, I hope the title refers to the Golden Weapon's compatibility with the Crystal blades or something that's not P.I.X.A.L dying again

On 9/6/2022 at 12:15 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

Not just the writing but the show in general. Sure there are cheesy bits as its meant for the kids, but I honestly believe that this show is one of the greatest cartoons to come out of western television. The music in particular is absurdly good and I wish people would give it a chance. If crystallised leaned way in on the whole "dark, gritty, mature" theming from the oni trilogy I think it would be just downright awesome. But theres something thats holding it back, thats just too cartoony. The Netflix release is another thing. We know that so many people put so much hard work into the show and it all gets wasted by a crappy camcorder recording of a Chinese version with an English dub that releases out of nowhere. Its awful, and its all because the higher-ups dont want it released. I do see the appeal of releasing it later though. Now the set prices have gone up, they may make an extra quick buck now that the vehicles get shown off much more prominently in the show. I know ill probably want to pick up the bigger vehicles now that they are used in the show, thats kinda what the whole point of the show was. But still, I enjoy if for what its worth, and I'm loving the whole crystal look. I just hope we get more episodes soon in a better recording. 

music is insane. Watch the 3 hour documentary where they explain how important music was for them to begin with!on And how much work they put into it! Most 100 million dollar movies only ever do a half assed job with the soundtrack.

Anyway I did like everything post S9 - after the shift in tone in s11 there were also improvements. I liked the inclusion of side characters! But overall the insane level of S8-9 is something not many cartoon shows manage to hit. And Ninjago didn't hit this mark anymore, though MoM and the ending of last season came close. I'm sorry this show will likely be forgotten in the not too distant future! Let's see what next year will bring. But after the downscales of the last years I don't hope for much.

On 9/7/2022 at 4:11 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

music is insane. Watch the 3 hour documentary where they explain how important music was for them to begin with!on And how much work they put into it! Most 100 million dollar movies only ever do a half assed job with the soundtrack.

I agree the music is fantastic! Do you have a link or video name for the documentary I could search for? Thanks.

Episode 15 is now out in English. I am honestly really disappointed with myself, please for the love of god to all who see this, do not watch it on a crappy camcorder recording. This episode is truly one of the bests, and the fact that so much time and effort was put into it all for the first viewing on my end to be some shaky awful audio version, it’s kinda heartbreaking. I implore all of you to wait to watch this episode when it comes out in better quality, as save for 1 part, it is perhaps the best crystalized episode so far. Absolutely amazing work.

Spoiler

With regard to the upcoming episode called Return of The Ice Emperor ...

52371305395_6f4d1d6d16_m.jpg

And it looks like The C.O.C.K. can infect people with the Crystal Zombie virus using the Golden Weapons

52371305435_31d6ddf601_m.jpg

52371305410_7ca416132f_m.jpg

Wonder if the Vengestone Warriors can infect people as well?

7 hours ago, Killian said:
  Hide contents

With regard to the upcoming episode called Return of The Ice Emperor ...

52371305395_6f4d1d6d16_m.jpg

And it looks like The C.O.C.K. can infect people with the Crystal Zombie virus using the Golden Weapons

52371305435_31d6ddf601_m.jpg

52371305410_7ca416132f_m.jpg

Wonder if the Vengestone Warriors can infect people as well?

Spoiler

Seems that way from a recent trailer shown, they look goofy as hell though. This season is seems to somewhat be leaning into the "meant to be dark but is actually goofy" aspect in the background, I'm happy the creators are just having fun with it. Really loving these episodes so far, they've been almost top tier. Sadly i've had the ending of the season spoiled thanks to a certain YouTuber in the community that is VERY bad at blurring descriptions out. For the sake of everyone I won't be saying anything and I suggest that everyone do as well, as its the end of an era. Dont let idiots ruin it for a quick YouTube buck. I still cant wait for the season to air though, do we know if we will get English episodes on October 1st? I've heard in the US its being released 10 days later. As for the UK, dont even ask, its awful here on Netflix. We haven't even got the island. Also, weren't we meant to be getting the crystal whip at some point? Where is that? 

3 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:
  Hide contents

Seems that way from a recent trailer shown, they look goofy as hell though. This season is seems to somewhat be leaning into the "meant to be dark but is actually goofy" aspect in the background, I'm happy the creators are just having fun with it. Really loving these episodes so far, they've been almost top tier. Sadly i've had the ending of the season spoiled thanks to a certain YouTuber in the community that is VERY bad at blurring descriptions out. For the sake of everyone I won't be saying anything and I suggest that everyone do as well, as its the end of an era. Dont let idiots ruin it for a quick YouTube buck. I still cant wait for the season to air though, do we know if we will get English episodes on October 1st? I've heard in the US its being released 10 days later. As for the UK, dont even ask, its awful here on Netflix. We haven't even got the island. Also, weren't we meant to be getting the crystal whip at some point? Where is that? 

UK netflix might not have the island but ITV has all of the island, seabound and part one of crystallised on thier free streaming service.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:19 PM, a guy from somewhere said:
  Hide contents

My country is getting Crystallized Part 2 on October 1st, and we only get the episodes in English. I'm pretty sure Australia is too.

7 minutes ago, Steam said:

My country is getting Crystallized Part 2 on October 1st, and we only get the episodes in English. I'm pretty sure Australia is too.

Thats good to hear! However we do also have some bad news, apparently lego has uploaded up 24 episodes on their YouTube channel in a different language, which you know, is kinda awful. Beware of spoilers! Lego is really ruining this season with their release schedule. 

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Is Ninjago ending? Like the theme?

Because this promo says series finale

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Just the show and Wildbrain era. But there will be a Core wave next year and a new show supposedly called Ninja United (though this name isn't confirmed).