Borex

71033 LEGO Muppets CMF Series - Rumors & Discussion

On 1/22/2022 at 9:09 PM, Borex said:

Is it? Nice! Fraggle Rock was my favorite show when i was a kid. The idea of all kinds of other worlds beneath the surface of our houses was very inspirational to me. I always had a bit too much imagination. I hope they do it justice, because the series is still very good (imho). 

It was released this weekend on Apple TV.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2022/01/review-fraggle-rock-on-apple-tv-is-the-muppet-series-disney-wishes-it-had/ 

On 10/25/2021 at 8:05 PM, Borex said:

So what could they have as accessories?

kermit - the lute from the next regular cmf wave? Robin as a Throg-fig?

Miss Piggy - lip-stick? A comb?

Statler and Waldorf - witty remarks printed as a sign to hold up? 
Rawlf - the music of ‘Together again’ on a tile?

Fozzie - hopefully a rubber-chicken mould

Bunsen and Beaker - just some bunsens and beakers? 
Gonzo - a trumpet with a flag in it? Camilla the chicken?

Swedish Chef - printed carrots? Printed pumpkin?

Janice - just a saxophone

Animal - some drumsticks (magic wands) and maybe a chain?

@pjonze from earlier in the discussion, this is the list that came about in October.

On 1/24/2022 at 1:38 PM, RedHoodPug said:

@pjonze from earlier in the discussion, this is the list that came about in October.

yes but he asked about other 4 missing characters. This list only has 8 names. 

Is Muppet Series supposed to have 12 minifigures?

13 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

yes but he asked about other 4 missing characters. This list only has 8 names. 

Is Muppet Series supposed to have 12 minifigures?

The four NOT shown on the leaked image of the pack are 

Stadler & Waldorf

Janice & Rowlf

13 hours ago, williejm said:

The four NOT shown on the leaked image of the pack are 

Stadler & Waldorf

Janice & Rowlf

Gotcha, thanks!

On 1/19/2022 at 11:19 AM, williejm said:

Ooh - Fraggle Rock is getting revived. I know what I want next as a CMF!

Couldn't agree more. I'd looove a Fragile Rock minifig series. Imagine the tiny builders...what were they called...doozers? Now that the Muppets has happened, I think there's a good chance this could happen..down the line that is...probably not as the next CMF.

2 hours ago, snoozle said:

Couldn't agree more. I'd looove a Fragile Rock minifig series. Imagine the tiny builders...what were they called...doozers? Now that the Muppets has happened, I think there's a good chance this could happen..down the line that is...probably not as the next CMF.

I mean Doozer constructions are a simple building idea for a lego set ;)

with the new Jurassic World sets coming out April 17th, I could def see this series coming out the same day 

21 hours ago, Surge said:

with the new Jurassic World sets coming out April 17th, I could def see this series coming out the same day 

Probably but I’m quite exited to see some first-look images soon!

Seeing as some June properties are already being revealed, it hopefully shouldn't be too long before official Muppet images are made available...

If the release date in indeed April 1st, then the official pics should be up around March 1st

On 2/15/2022 at 1:03 PM, Robert8 said:

If the release date in indeed April 1st, then the official pics should be up around March 1st

Where did April 1st come from?

On 2/17/2022 at 1:28 PM, Surge said:

I think it was just Roberto’s prediction. 

Wait is the release date April 1st or May 1st? I would be really happy if it was in April, then we would be seeing official pictures for Lego really soon.

On 2/17/2022 at 11:28 AM, Surge said:

Also I know this isn't a movie thread, but who is your favorite Muppet(s)? Mine would be Kermit the Frog 

1 hour ago, Bruno Madrigal said:

Wait is the release date April 1st or May 1st? I would be really happy if it was in April, then we would be seeing official pictures for Lego really soon.

Also I know this isn't a movie thread, but who is your favorite Muppet(s)? Mine would be Kermit the Frog 

Hard to say for sure. I’m seeing more sources saying May than April, but I don’t recall seeing a catalog spread of series 22 with a little blurb in the corner teasing the release month of the next series like we’ve gotten in previous years, so it’s possible that it’s all conjecture based on previous release dates. 

As for favorite muppets, I’m torn between Beaker and the Swedish Chef, with Animal and Miss Piggy high up there too, so I’m very glad they all made it into the CMF lineup :sweet:  

Im pretty confident in my guess of april 26th, it seems to be a consistent cmf release date for the past 2 years.

As for the favorite muppet question, 100% Gonzo !! although I do love robin.

I am pretty sure it would be May 1st, not April 1st?

I have no idea where April 1st stuff coming, according to @Robert8 above on this page. 

As for the Muppet favorite quesiton, it will be Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy!

Whatever date it is officially released, it will most likely not show up locally for 2 months. The current CMF series 22 just showed up yesterday at a store near me. 

As to favorite Muppets… Day one purchase is the Swedish Chef. Must also get Rowlf, Piggy + Janice for a Veterinarian’s Hospital MOC! 

If the accessories are good, I may have to get the entire set. Banjo of Kermit, Rubber Chicken for Fozzie, Drumsticks and chain for Animal, etc. What would be other great accessories for this CMF set? 

Edited by BitByBrick

1 hour ago, BitByBrick said:

If the accessories are good, I may have to get the entire set. Banjo of Kermit, Rubber Chicken for Fozzie, Drumsticks and chain for Animal, etc. What would be other great accessories for this CMF set? 

I’m extremely curious about the accessories as well. The first Disney series didn’t give any accessories to characters with molded heads, but series 2 and the Loony Toons series seem to have firmly established that lego is including accessories with all characters now. With that in  mind, I suspect that the lack of accessories on the leaked packaging is an aesthetic choice to keep it uncluttered (the Loony Toons series had accessories on the package, but I suspect that had a lot to do with wanting Porky Pig’s “That’s All Folks” sign on there). 

So the Muppets will almost certainly come with accessories, but we don’t have the faintest idea what any of them are. None of the molded head focused series over the last few years, so my guesses would be as follows:

- Kermit the Frog: megaphone, Muppets poster 2x3 tile 

- Miss Piggy: handbag, lipstick? (This one’s tricky as she doesn’t have any classic props like some of the others, but I’d guess something related to fashion)

- Fozzy Bear: microphone, banana 

- Gonzo the Great: chicken 

- Animal: drumsticks, chain 

- Janice: electric guitar (I know she’s a bassist, but I doubt lego would care enough about the distinction if they’re not doing new molds for accessories)

- Swedish Chef: meat cleaver, whisk, I saw someone mention screaming vegetables before and the parts for that definitely already exist and have been printed before (in which case you’re definitely going to see the cleaver as well)

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew: Erlenmeyer flask (or possibly a brick built propane torch)

Beaker: brick built fire extinguisher 

Rowlf the Dog: 2x2 printed tile of sheet music or poetry 

Waldorf: cane, playbill

Statler: heckling signs maybe?

Obviously, Kermit and Fozzy would be better with a banjo and rubber chicken respectively, but that just doesn’t fit the pattern we’ve seen, and we’re already talking about 12 new molds just for the heads here. But who knows, I could be wrong, and lego has certainly bent the rules for where and what new molds are introduced for Disney before. 

@Accio Lego, are you sure that Disney Seires 1 didn’t have accessory? Becasue Alice, Aladdin, Genie, Maleficent and a few characters do have accessories. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Stitch and a few others didn’t come with their own accessories tho. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

51 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

@Accio Lego, are you sure that Disney Seires 1 didn’t have accessory? Becasue Alice, Aladdin, Genie, Maleficent and a few characters do have accessories. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Stitch and a few others didn’t come with their own accessories tho. 

He said the characters with moulded heads in Disney Series 1 didn't include accessories, not that no accessories were included at all. That's not really a trend though, since the Simpsons figures with moulded heads included accessories, as have figures in other series with moulded heads.

49 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

He said the characters with moulded heads in Disney Series 1 didn't include accessories, not that no accessories were included at all. That's not really a trend though, since the Simpsons figures with moulded heads included accessories, as have figures in other series with moulded heads.

Oh! I misread Accio Lego’s post. Thanks for clarifying it up!