Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2022 Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

More police sets would be nice, a police academy could be interesting.

And thankfully City sets are (usually at least) easy to get a discount on here in Australia.

Just built Chicken Henhouse set. I could see why it will be retired so early after the release in June.

the vehicle is quite nice. But the build is….awkwardly weird. Why the henhouse has no 3 walls but only the “window” door if there is a removable roof? It doesn’t make sense to me.

And I dislike the oversized egg mold. What, is the farmer raising Chickensauruses?

If I was a designer, I would ditch a quad and make a ne (properly) small egg mold and add 3 walls to the henhouse.

In my honest opinion, City is not necessarily about vehicles, it should be more focusing on scenery. 

Of course, complaining here won’t help. I will submit my feedback to LEGO via its website. 

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Just built Chicken Henhouse set. I could see why it will be retired so early after the release in June.

I think it’s a great little set. Nice vehicle, cute henhouse, and a great play feature for kids to collect the eggs - the only thing missing is a golden rooster for the weathervane on top.

Edited by ChrisW

10 hours ago, Jiesdeo said:

It looks like 2023 will be a cheap City year for me.

It sadly seems like Lego trying out interesting sets like the school, the grocery store etc. was a dud amongst the kids, and now they're going back to the safe emergency/first responders themed sets. (Stupid kids, they're ruining Lego. ..../s)

The winter wave is always police, fire etc, the most interesting City sets usually turn up in the summer wave :wink:

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Just as a note, my local grocery store started a 30% sale on City sets a couple of weeks ago and one of the only ones to sell out after a few days was the hen house. Maybe I live in rural area with a lot of hen owners or it could be a popular set :shrug_oh_well:

There's always a few interesting ideas in each wave - even the standard police/fire waves.  Always open to see what they're putting out there.

7 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The winter wave is always police, fire etc, the most interesting City sets usually turn up in the summer wave :wink:

Yeah, I’m not so into police and fire sets. BUT the winter wave may have

I’m quite curious about two sets - Off-Roader Adventure and Chomper Tractor. However, I won’t set my expectations high for new animal molds in these sets. 

25 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

So.....moderators, can the 2023 City thread be unlocked now? 

@JopieK @Peppermint_M

Yeah, I have been waiting to hear from one of these said moderators for almost one week.

if 2023 thread is unlocked, it would best to delete the false info there. 

Seeing as the 2023 one was initially started on a lie/prank Maybe start a new one? It keeps things cleared up.

11 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

Seeing as the 2023 one was initially started on a lie/prank Maybe start a new one? It keeps things cleared up.

Ah okay 

That's a good roller for sure, some of those magazine gift have been great mini construction vehicles that remind me a lot of older small Town sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 9/8/2022 at 9:33 AM, DanOfBricks said:

Any idea the set #, when it will be released and when might a seller sell it on bricklink?

It is likely to be registered on Bricklink as early as the end of September.

Lego 60316, new and sealed, someone offers it to me for $USD 45, worth getting it? I'm hesitating.

Edited by ks6349

4 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Lego 60316, new and sealed, someone offers it to me for $USD 45, worth getting it? I'm hesitating.

Worth it most definitely! That's a way better price than $70 USD. That's the price it should've been imo. But of course Brick tax has gone up tremendously since 2005 when the first Lego City police headquarters came out. 

5 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Worth it most definitely! That's a way better price than $70 USD. That's the price it should've been imo. But of course Brick tax has gone up tremendously since 2005 when the first Lego City police headquarters came out. 

You got it for $70 USD ??? I wouldn't get it if it was $70 here.

4 hours ago, ks6349 said:

You got it for $70 USD ??? I wouldn't get it if it was $70 here.

Actually......I got one on eBay for $50 USD. Of course if you ex out the small $7 shipping fee. 

Edited by Poodabricks

3 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Actually......I got one on eBay for $50 USD. Of course if you ex out the small $7 shipping fee. 

Among the poor City police sets in recent years, this is the only one I've ever considered getting it. Almost all other police sets are simply ignored. Set 60316 is a much better one.

Edited by ks6349

6 hours ago, ks6349 said:

Among the poor City police sets in recent years, this is the only one I've ever considered getting it. Almost all other police sets are simply ignored. Set 60316 is a much better one.

Police sets are so common on the City theme that you can literally find them for cheap on the internet. You'll get way better deals online than at the store. I think that's why they're most ignored. Because......they're just that common. 

6 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Police sets are so common on the City theme that you can literally find them for cheap on the internet. You'll get way better deals online than at the store. I think that's why they're most ignored. Because......they're just that common. 

I ignored city police sets because they were poorly designed, nothing about price. 

Even though they are so common, their price per piece is still a lot higher than Creator sets that I don't understand. For example, I've just got 31131 for $30 today, but the lowest price I can find for 60316 is $45.