Sign in to follow this  
Niku

Citadel of the Mage

A place of knowledge and refuge, guarded by arcane power and a dragon.

In the early stages of the war, it was the site of many councils between Avalonia commanders.

It was here that the planning was carried out for the relief of Albion in the First Great War.

The Citadel remained in the mages hands afterwards.

Hope you like it. Thanks for watching.

51246532096_c2384a86aa_c.jpg
Citadel of the Mage by
Arfelan Nest, en Flickr

Neat use of those dragon wings for flags!  I also like the contrast between the greebly city and the green base.  Great micro.

Fancy micro castle!  The architecture looks very advanced - being home to mages makes perfect sense.

26 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Neat use of those dragon wings for flags!  I also like the contrast between the greebly city and the green base.  Great micro.

Thanks Kai! It came when looking how to make a micro scale dragon and voila. Glad you like it.

19 minutes ago, jtooker said:

Fancy micro castle!  The architecture looks very advanced - being home to mages makes perfect sense.

Thank you jtooker, I was thinking fantasy-magic could stretch the looks, glad it looks fine in the environment.

Looks great!  Microscale builds are growing on me, particularly as a way to depict an enormous scene such as this that would be very difficult to build and even more difficult to photograph in all its grandeur.  I like how you have used various gears and wheels to get texture on the tower, and how you blocked the light and dark greys.  The nano figure really gives a sense of scale, and this tower must be huge!  Well done!

18 hours ago, Grover said:

Looks great!  Microscale builds are growing on me, particularly as a way to depict an enormous scene such as this that would be very difficult to build and even more difficult to photograph in all its grandeur.  I like how you have used various gears and wheels to get texture on the tower, and how you blocked the light and dark greys.  The nano figure really gives a sense of scale, and this tower must be huge!  Well done!

Thank you Grover, it is appreciated. :)

14 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Excellent build!

Thank you caiman.

I'm not much of a micro scale fan, but your use of winch elements caught my eye, nicely done! The middle tower is cool, great 'layeredness'! Reminds me of Aincrad, from Sword Art Online. I think the antenna spire is a bit too tall and slim, though. Perhaps the bar-sized shorter antenna piece would be a better fit. 

Thanks! appreciated the feedback Exetrius, I didnt knew of Aincrad, it is a sweet location. :classic::thumbup: