KimT

2008 Picture thread

I dont know if this has been posted yet ( couldnt find it )

7676_republic_gunship.jpg

enjoy

Oy my god this is a very nice gunship! *wub*

Did the pilots have red on their helmet?

There's also a lot of new small details on the side of the ship

The place in the back for the troopers isn't smaller than the last gunship? 8-|

But the characters looks great! Except one thing : the 2 clone troopers ARE the pilots, so there's just jedis in the back? :'-(

Anyway, I hope to see Asajj Ventress and Plo Koon soon.

They should includes more clone troopers to fight Asajj.

Note : Plo Koon wears a mask because he can't breath the pollution of Coruscant.

Conclusion : It will be a nice battle ;-)

how much is this and the at-te?

I think the AT-TE will be 89.99 US$ and the gunship 10$ more

I saw this in a topic on EB forum

i just had a *wub* idea. maybe the lego company will be even more good and give us several slightly different stickersheets so we can make our own custom RGS!

example: remember how for that hockey theme they included stickers and pieces so we could do our favorite team? well maybe theyll include a shark head and some other nose section stickers so we can have our own personal gunship! *sweet*

jifel

However if you have one already then i think your gonna be a bit disapointed, you see to me this (Much like the AT-TE) lacks the usual improved redesign seen in other sets. Sure it's better but not that much...
I agree. The original gunship is my favorite LEGO Star Wars set. I have TWO on display in my office right now. This one looks similar but at first glance it doesn't look like they made many improvements...

I'm very much in agreement with Vader and Dunamis on this one. The first RGS is an excellent set, not perfect, but still one of my favourites. Although this new set improves on certain aspects of the original interpretation, it's not a great leap over the first. Another great version though :-)

The inclusion of another DSS to fill out detail sends shivers down my spine: the stickers on my original RGS cracked and crumbled and had to be washed off with a soft scouring pad and soapy water. That was a nightmare. Fortunately the stickers since then seem to be of a better quality, but it's forever tainted my view of DSS's.

It's nice to see they've imporved the rear of the cargo area, which was the main drawback with the original set - that almost certainly is a speeder bike in there! I modified the wing cockpits on my RGS so they are full bubble shapes, it's great that Lego has followed suit and made it that little bit more accurate!

The new minifigs are going to be a bonus whatever they are :-D

For anyone that missed the RGS first time around, this looks like a great set to purchase!

I don't complain about the figs, but I have enough Obis. Really can't see him anymore. I have the old and the new, the non-fleshie and the fleshie, the Sir Alec Guiness and the Ewan McGregor version. With and without cape. No really I don't want to have even more, I don't want a clone army. Uh well. *wacko* :-D (I'm sure I have a clone Indy army by the end of the year). Let us all pray for a Ki-Adi-Mundi instead... ;-)

Yay! Finally I'll be able to get an RGS! Though unlike the MTT, I won't say I'm glad I missed the old one.

The improvements are indeed rather scarce but then again, from what I've seen of the previous version, there wasn't much to improve anyway.

But I do have a bit of a mystery : Where does Ventress fit in all that goodness? Since she's supposed to be with the bad guys... Is she supposed to take on that RGS with only her twin lightsabers? seems rather weak if you ask me... Unless they're doing the Kit Fisto trick and added her in the set to be sure people will buy it, even if she hasn't anything to do with it...

well, in this case, either way is find by me, since I'll get that set anyway, but it still gets me wondering...

Usually I am a huge fan of the redesigns. I loved teh new Sith Infiltrator and many of the other redesigns but these peliminary pictures are leaving me with a :-/ feeling. I think it has to do with the thinness of the ship, the length of the forward cannons, that dreadful sticker (I usually love the Stickers) and the fact that despite how much I try and look at the Radar dishes I just can't see a bubble folding out of there, especially one for each side considering how thin the ship is. *wacko*

On a side note as anyone else noticed just how many folding pieces there are on this ship. Check Between the engines, and to the left of the rear compartment.

The flick fire missles also don't look like there will be to hard to lock into place, although them moving down into the ship would be a nice added bonus.

If Asajj doesn't have twin curved lightsaber hilts personally I'll be disappointed. No one should be upset though if they are not chromed, Lego has said they won't be chroming anymore.

Edited by Shacala

Though the sets are nice, the figs are starting to dissapoint. I mean: Two clonies with the AT-TE and the Gunship? That's a 50% drop from the first release! TLC better throw in more clones, or make some phase one clone battlepacks. The gunship and AT-TE won't sell as well without more clones!

There is going to be a Clone Pilot in the V-19: Why can't they just put two pilots in with this gunship? It would be better for all of us and would increase sales and profits.

Ah, Plo Koon. And Asajj Ventress. Oh, what the heck... wow! How cool is that.

But if I'm honest though, I agree with others. It doesn't look that different. It is different, yes, but not by much. I mean, sure, it's got the nose painting, and it looks as though it might have some sort of ramp at the back, and it's got missiles (which look a bit odd actually) and better sized engines, and back plates that look better, but... I don't know.

Don't get me wrong, it's very nice, and I'd jump at getting it. If I didn't have the original that is. Which is a pity.

If you watch the trailer for the Clone Wars cartoon then you will see a clip of clones defending what looks like a sort of jabbas palace, in that clip Ventress can also be seen. So i'm wondering if the new RGS ties into that ep, perhaps it is jabbas palace and perhaps jabba's pet is there mascot or something.

I know it's a real stretch but hey who knows. :-/

A stretch indeed. Possibly, that battalion was defending the palace, and Obi-wan's gunship had landed them. So he had told her they would be coming back(this is speculation) and when they do, she stows away on board the gunship and gets out when they reach Anakin's planet. I still think, since these are preliminary, that there will be more clones. For pete's sake, it shows two on the black silhouettes, but there is one on the turret and two brownish silhouettes! :-| There HAVE to be more that two. But we can only wait for the real pics to arrive. 8-

If you watch the trailer for the Clone Wars cartoon then you will see a clip of clones defending what looks like a sort of jabbas palace, in that clip Ventress can also be seen. So i'm wondering if the new RGS ties into that ep, perhaps it is jabbas palace and perhaps jabba's pet is there mascot or something.

It's possible.

During the clone wars, the jedi master Echuu-Shen-Jon made an alliance with Jabba the Hutt. He helped the republic crushing the confederacy on Tatooine.

if you look near the cargo are to the left theres panels that look

like they move

might the bubble gun turrets be behind here?

sorry theres nopic to show where i mean i dont no how to

put it on

Edited by M4RCU5

Hmmm... I think it's too long, so that the side wings look relatively small, and the doors seem too large from this image. Bigger is not always better, it seems; I therefore prefer the old one really...

To sum up lego havent done a very good job and its time they consider a few changes.

- Longer Wings

- Side Cannons ( Like original but double sided)

- More troops

- Blue rather than red

- If not adding troops then bringing out battle packs of Ep 2 Clones not 3!

They need many many more troops if theres gonna be a big sale, compare it to the MTT. The RGS is like $30 more than the MTT and the MTT is better designed it has 20 Droids with 20 Guns why does the RGS have no side cannons and only 5 figs! I meen come on!

So to get a useful clone army out of this you have to spend like nearly $200 from the AT-TE, RGS and like 5 Battlepacks!

Is lego finally running out of money! :'-(

And if lego do bring out mini Battle packs there gonna either have to have alot of figs in or they gotta be cheap not

Edited by Joey Lock

hehe and here is another BIG stretch: what are the odds of having an actual Salacious Crumb MF ?? You know like Avatar's Momo Lemur 8-

Another Obi-wan, But that was even forseen by a blind horse :-D

Plo Koon is a nice addition and they even have put an Asaj Ventress in it.

Tlc is clever, I first wasn't interrested in the AT-TE and the Gunship and now they give me some good reasons to buy them both |-/

I guess there will not be coming a jedi battle pack or only when all expensive sets are sold and almost everyone bought them.

What's wrong with the idea to put special jedi's in sets from only 40 euro?

A 1rst version clone trooper bp would be a nice addition to this line, but I think Tlc will wait with that until januari next year.

Sorry if I moan to much, the RGS looks not bad and if they put some more clones in it, it will be a nice set for the star wars fan

@Trudrop: I thought I read something that oxygene is poisoness for Plo Koon, that why he's wearing the mask ;-)

Anybody knows ? :-/

I got it!!

It says 2 Clone Troops

Anakin Skywalker

But I cant make out the others

Edited by Joey Lock

@ Courleciel: Some 10 or 15 pages back there was a discussion ;-)

The guesses are: 2 clones, Anakin, a clone commando called Maze and a new jedi from the same species as Shaak Ti

@ Courleciel: Some 10 or 15 pages back there was a discussion ;-)

The guesses are: 2 clones, Anakin, a clone commando called Maze and a new jedi from the same species as Shaak Ti

Clone Commandos would be good, too, but Maze is an ARC Trooper Captain. ;-)

Will