Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

While I share everyone’s worries about this theme not being revealed a month before its release date, it’s not the first time Lego has just delayed this sort of thing.

Remember the Infinity Saga sets in 2021? There was so much excitement around them (including leaked images) but the sets weren’t officially revealed until less than a few weeks before release. It does suck though, this is one of my most hyped themes for the year.

Edited by Kaijumeister

28 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

While I share everyone’s worries about this theme not being revealed a month before its release date, it’s not the first time Lego has just delayed this sort of thing.

Remember the Infinity Saga sets in 2021? There was so much excitement around them (including leaked images) but the sets weren’t officially revealed until less than a few weeks before release. It does suck though, this is one of my most hyped themes for the year.

Realistically, I don't think the whole series will actually be canceled or postponed.
The Minions were even less relevant, than perhaps Indiana Jones could be to the masses, and ended up being released despite the film's postponements due to the pandemic.

There is also the teaser in the SmythsToys catalogue. 
SmythsToys is a major partner for LEGO, so the announcement of the series must have been coordinated with LEGO, which also made it clear to LEGO that the inlay is to be understood as an indirect announcement.

It's probably more the impatience and confusion surrounding the alleged delay or cancellation of the Temple of Doom set that raises the doubts.

Whether the whole series will only be released once the Temple of Doom set is ready for sale, and maybe not in April, I don't know. 
But in order to cancel them completely, there would have to be reasons that LEGO would have to justify somehow.

Maybe we'll actually find out something in the coming days, or the sets will simply end up in stores at SmythsToys without any further announcements, because SmythsToys had already announced some of them and LEGO doesn't see a lot of hype beyond that, to do do an extra announcement.

After all, we know that LEGO's decisions and actions are not always fully understandable
Maybe I just want to give myself courage and hope, but I don't think and hope that a complete cancellation will happen.

PS.: Another reason why there's still some hope:

There hasn't been any relevant leak or rumor, that the series has been canceled entirely or will be postponed.

If that's the case, I think something more concrete would have leaked out

Edited by DrHenryJonesJr

I personally think the sets probably got pushed back to June so they can release with the Dial of Destiny sets and get more eyes on them. 

Based on my count, of the sets supposed to release in April, we have not seen a small Minecraft series (maybe Brickheadz?) and the Icons Land Rover.  New Star Wars was revealed last night at ~midnight Eastern, so it could be the first of a waive of reveals in April.

I'd be surprised they push it to June as the big Star Wars sets come out for May the 4th, and I think the original Jurassic Park ones are slated for June.  That's major overlap in the audience with nostalgia movies that came out near in time and especially for Indy with re-releases of sets.

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

I personally think the sets probably got pushed back to June so they can release with the Dial of Destiny sets and get more eyes on them. 

If that was the case, why didn’t they plan it like that in the first place? They even promised Smyths a delivery in April :tongue: 

Still hoping for a reveal soon

This is a franchise I wanted so badly for Lego when I was a kid, but once they went through and made them later on, I just didn't like much of what they made.

As noted by a few people, I don't think that today's younger generation is into Indy the same way kids of the 80's and 90's were, at least it doesn't hold on the same way that Star Wars does.

Not that it would ever happen, but I would probably be interested if they decided on a modular or two based off of Raiders or ToD. Maybe a Peruvian Temple...however I'd definitely prefer the Thugee Pankot Palace.

I now feel kinda silly for making this much space for the Indy sets last year. I prepared 6 shelves, and the three sets all fit on one of them :roflmao:

Eh, at least I can use that space for other themes too!

I hope this post is allowed, but I think so since it's not a link to a leak, but take a look at this picture and zoom in on the top left corner.
The box says 77015 - if that's the SET number, that gives hope

77015 ?!

Unfortunately, it is not possible to see whether it is a LEGO box and not an alternative manufacturer who also has this SET number, but I still have hope

Edited by DrHenryJonesJr
Additional Information

@DrHenryJonesJr: Excellent find!!

This has to be it, because there are other April sets here like the Baby Rocket ship from GotGV3 or the “Up” House :excited:

I need to take a closer look to see if the other set numbers are here too!

6 minutes ago, DrHenryJonesJr said:

I hope this post is allowed, but I think so since it's not a link to a leak, but take a look at this picture and zoom in on the top left corner.
The box says 77015 - if that's the SET number, that gives hope

77015 ?!

Up House and Disney Train are also there, so I think you're right, those are the set numbers.  I think I see a 77012 (plane chase) on the far right on its side (last digit is hard to decipher)!  

There was a thought the series would be limited to select retailers for a bit before wide release with DoD sets/film, so this one seems to be one of the lucky ones.  

I'm still expecting the rumors of the theme's demise were greatly exaggerated or at least Lego sees how many pages on this forum (and a separate sub-reddit!) are dedicated to Lego Indy and releases it!  

20 minutes ago, Mopasali said:

I think I see a 77012 (plane chase) on the far right on its side (last digit is hard to decipher)!  

Yeah, noticed that too :thumbup:

At least this is a good indication that (some of) the sets are still coming as planned in April :sweet:

When exactly they will finally be revealed, that’s another question :tongue:

1 hour ago, Mopasali said:

I'm still expecting the rumors of the theme's demise were greatly exaggerated or at least Lego sees how many pages on this forum (and a separate sub-reddit!) are dedicated to Lego Indy and releases it!  

At least the pictures give hope for 1-2 sets of what could become of ToD, the picture wouldn't give any information about that.

Hopefully not just a picture of an early delivery, with few delivered copies, as with Offspring, where the topic will not be delivered worldwide in the end, but one can still hope in any case

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, noticed that too :thumbup:

At least this is a good indication that (some of) the sets are still coming as planned in April :sweet:

When exactly they will finally be revealed, that’s another question :tongue:

I'm imagining they might just appear on shop shelves with no fanfare. And then on lego.com a little bit later.

Yep, boxes in that picture clearly and unmistakably say 77012 and 77015.

By the way, at the bottom left of the picture there is a box upside down, which should also be 77015

By the way, here is the link to the whole topic

Link

Image of Zoom in. Enhance.

I wish the pictures were a bit more crisp. We need to find out if 77014 is there!!
Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Unfortunately, you can only see 77015 and 77012 here.

I can even clearly decipher the 77012 on the iPhone, possibly because of the higher ppi on the cell phone display, than on the desktop screen.

If I discover something new and/or even the 77014, there will of course be an update immediately :-D

There is of course one thing that is still a bit odd, 77015 is the only box among all the others that doesn't have a LEGO logo printed on it, 77012 has a LEGO logo on the outer box. The box that is upside down, you can see that in the second picture.
So it could also be a demo copy, or it was repackaged again, since it's supposed to be a diorama.
In terms of size, it might fit. A small shop probably won't have three demo copies either, maybe an early version of the box, or it's already taken out of the box as each of the three sets might have been individually boxed in a larger box.

On 3/1/2023 at 3:59 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

it’s hard to think of ones they haven’t covered yet and are big enough for people to request sets

At risk of going off the topic of Indiana Jones altogether, imo Doctor Who stands out as a big IP that fits with Lego's product range but which hasn't been represented aside from a single Ideas set.

10 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

At risk of going off the topic of Indiana Jones altogether, imo Doctor Who stands out as a big IP that fits with Lego's product range but which hasn't been represented aside from a single Ideas set.

Affirmative! - K9

(I wish they would release more of that franchise in LEGO...)

Edited by Murdoch17

It says: "Not official"
But the picture is very similar to the leaked draft picture,...? Or not

Am I allowed to link this here, or does that also count as an unauthorized leak?
If so, please let me know and I'll remove it of course

Edited by DrHenryJonesJr
Unfortunately 77014 is missing,... :-( | link removed due to community guidelines - if anyone wants to search the image (possible 77015 box photo - pixelated) - google images search - lego 77015 - filter: last 24h hours

56 minutes ago, DrHenryJonesJr said:

There is of course one thing that is still a bit odd, 77015 is the only box among all the others that doesn't have a LEGO logo printed on it […]

That‘s a normal box, I have one of those in my collection too. Some sets get packed individually, and that‘s what those boxes look like :laugh:

2 minutes ago, DrHenryJonesJr said:

Am I allowed to link this here, or does that also count as an unauthorized leak?

If so, please let me know and I'll remove it of course

That counts as a leak, yes :classic:

For some reason, this grainy as **** picture still looks better than the previous leak we‘ve seen :laugh_hard:

15 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That counts as a leak, yes :classic:

Removed link, added instructions for self-search, hopefully it will be compliant

3 hours ago, DrHenryJonesJr said:

Removed link, added instructions for self-search, hopefully it will be compliant

It worked for me, so thank you! 

The set looks great. A lot more teal than I remember in the film, but the fact that it’s basically just a more detailed 7623 really kicks in my nostalgia. 

EDIT: Corrected set number. 

Edited by Rwbricks

8 minutes ago, Rwbricks said:

It worked for me, so thank you! 

The set looks great. A lot more teal than I remember in the film, but the fact that it’s basically just a more detailed 7653 really kicks in my nostalgia. 

I think you mean 7623?