Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I bought the Tomb set today, just because it has my favorite Indy outfit in it (complete gear with gloves). The other two will follow in June, when normal retailers play their discount game :D.
The set is better in hand and a fun build. I will put a lot more snakes in it and fill out some of the empty space behind the statues. Maybe add a skeleton to the back section.
As an added Info, the set I bought only contains one hat piece. Seems like the early sets with two hats were something special.

Barnes & Noble has them in the US. Just picked up the last plane set they had in stock at my local store. The cashier said people had been buying them all day.

Edited by strangely

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Does anyone have a link to the Target listings?  For whatever reason, I can’t find any of them, want to see if any stores near me have them for pickup at all.

Neither can I... it's really annoying.

1 hour ago, karrit said:

I can't find any retailers in the US that have any of them listed on their websites at the present time.  This release is a total cluster.  I could have ordered shortly after midnight EDT from Lego.com once the sets finally showed up but I wanted to see if anyone else was going to have them.  Now only the Temple is available on backorder.  I wonder if other retailers won't be getting them until June.

And now all 3 sets are out of stock.

At least we know there's demand! 

Just picked up all three sets and I'm very excited to get building! Just a heads up for fellow Canadians, Toys R Us is selling the Temple for $169.94 and the Fighter Plane for $39.94 which is below MSRP and a decent savings.

Everything is selling out fast online, which I guess is a good sign that there is demand! Seems LEGO may have underestimated how big this launch would be.

47 minutes ago, strangely said:

Barnes & Noble has them in the US. Just picked up the last plane set they had in stock at my local store. The cashier said people had been buying them all day.

Looks like my Barnes & Noble has the Tomb & Plane sets in stock.  Wonder if they may have the early release rights in the U.S. 

1 minute ago, karrit said:

Looks like my Barnes & Noble has the Tomb & Plane sets in stock.  Wonder if they may have the early release rights in the U.S. 

I don't believe they are, I saw them on the Kohl's app too, though they're listed as out of stock.

19 minutes ago, strangely said:

I don't believe they are, I saw them on the Kohl's app too, though they're listed as out of stock.

I saw them there last night but they weren't available to order.   They seem to be gone when I search Kohl's now.

Best Buy seems to be taking orders for in store pick-up but pick-up is not until April 10 for me.

I wasn't able get the tomb set in store anywhere, but i did end up ordering it on Amazon for a Monday delivery.

My local B&N had two each of the Fighter Plane and Lost Tomb (well, $40 later from me, and now they’re down to one Lost Tomb :grin:).  What was odd was that they weren’t by the rest of their LEGO, they were on a display in the middle of the store that also had some random Classic, Harry Potter sets; and some non-LEGO plushies and art kits.  It took me a minute to find them, and I assumed at first that the website hadn’t updated (as it showed in-stock at this store), but they were there!

What’s interesting is that there’s also a listing for the Idol temple, but there’s no option to pick up in store or order, so I’m wondering if they won’t sell it until later?

After a lot of hassle, I managed to get the Well of Souls and Plane at B&N today. Wish I had a Lego Store in my neck of the woods, would make it all much easier.

Couldn't find the temple anywhere, natch.

Just finished building them :sweet:

52786899238_e9de053c0a_c.jpg

Excellent sets and a lot of fun to build, especially the temple :thumbup: Regarding the hat situation: I got a second copy in only one of the sets, namely the temple. Seems to be rather inconsistent!

Took a road trip with my son to the nearest Lego store this morning (90 minutes away) Unfortunately, even though we got there 10 minutes after opening, they had sold out of all IJ sets. Stopped at other stores, Target Kohls and Walmart. Found other sets that released today, got the UP House at Kohls for my daughter, but still no IJ. Ended up purchasing the idol set on Amazon. Said delivery tomorrow, but I’d be surprised if I see it before Monday. May run up to Barnes and Noble tomorrow and see if they have any of the smaller IJ sets left. 

lego really dropped the ball with these sets stock wise. was in line at the lego store 30 mins before opening, was only like 10th in line, and within like 10 seconds (not even exaggerating) all of the biggest set were gone. cant have been more than 5, had to go to barnes and noble to get my copy.

12 minutes ago, Surge said:

lego really dropped the ball with these sets stock wise. 

LEGO? Screw up stock calculations for a release day? Well I never....

:sarcasm:

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

LEGO? Screw up stock calculations for a release day? Well I never....

:sarcasm:

true true, but personally ive never had it be this bad

Picked up the Tomb set at Barnes & Noble.  I placed an in store pick-up order to insure I wasn't wasting a drive there to pick it up.  They still had 2 or 3 of the Tomb set on the shelf and at least four of the Plane one.  I'm holding off a bit on that one in hopes it will be discounted at some point.  Hopefully I'll be able to get the Temple in the near future.  I checked the stock availability online for my two not really local Lego Stores and neither were showing stock of any Indy sets or the Up House.  I'm just fearing that this whole Indy Series is going to end up like the Vidiyo Bandmates series 2 CMF's where they ship one batch out and then cancel any future supplies to all retailers.   

Edited by karrit

49 minutes ago, karrit said:

Picked up the Tomb set at Barnes & Noble.  I placed an in store pick-up order to insure I wasn't wasting a drive there to pick it up.  They still had 2 or 3 of the Tomb set on the shelf and at least for of the Plane one.  I'm holding off a bit on that one in hopes it will be discounted at some point.  Hopefully I'll be able to get the Temple in the near future.  I checked the stock availability online for my two not really local Lego Stores and neither were showing stock of any Indy sets or the Up House.  I'm just fearing that this whole Indy Series is going to end up like the Vidiyo Bandmates series 2 CMF's where they ship one batch out and then cancel any future supplies to all retailers.   

Yeah, that's why I grabbed the Tomb today also.  I was sort of wanting to wait and see if I could get it for 20% off at Target eventually, but figured that at the end of the day, that's an $8 difference, and if they did underproduce these sets, I wanted to be absolutely sure that I at least got the set I most wanted.  Plus, I figured I've waited 14 years for a new Indy line, I could afford to throw down an extra $8 to get it on the release date :laugh:

I don't think they'll end up like that, but given how this line has had so much uncertainty thus far...I don't want to take any chances.

If you’re still having hope for more sets this year (for whatever reason), you can burry it right now. If you’ve been in the SW thread recently, you know why: the guy on Reddit who predicted the Gunship and its minifig selection a couple of months ago also said that 77014 is completely cancelled due to “one element” (left unclear whether they mean one piece or an entire section like the statue) and there are no DoD sets on the way.

With the only sets of this “revival” being on shelves now, there’s nothing left to be discussed. See you in other threads! :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

45 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If you’re still having hope for more sets this year (for whatever reason), you can burry it right now. If you’ve been in the SW thread recently, you know why: the guy on Reddit who predicted the Gunship and its minifig selection a couple of months ago also said that 77014 is completely cancelled due to “one element” (left unclear whether they mean one piece or an entire section like the statue) and there are no DoD sets on the way.

We shall watch that Redditor’s career with great interest, he’s been on the ball for a while!

But yeah, damn shame. Dial of Destiny is going be a great film and we’ll unfortunately be missing out on some good set ideas.

What we ended up getting is pretty solid by all accounts though, in terms of content and value for money. Literally, all I would change would be a new mould for Henry Sr. (and obviously the ToD seeing the light of day).

Whilst 77014 TOD is cancelled (actually not that fussed personally) has there been any reliably definitive indicators there'll be no DOD sets coming with the launch of the movie in June?

15 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Whilst 77014 TOD is cancelled (actually not that fussed personally) has there been any reliably definitive indicators there'll be no DOD sets coming with the launch of the movie in June?

Pretty much. Promobricks have said that retailers can’t order any DoD sets and this has been corroborated by some reliable people on Reddit as well. At this rate, it seems like it’s not so much the DoD sets being cancelled, but that there weren’t any planned to begin with.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

that 77014 is completely cancelled due to “one element” (left unclear whether they mean one piece or an entire section like the statue)

If it’s just because of one element and not some kind of political/cultural controversy, why they just don’t fix that part of the set and release it later lol? That doesn’t make much sense. I would really like to know from the designers what is the real reason why they cancelled it and why they made only 3 sets ... but I guess we will never find out the truth.

3 minutes ago, Textorix said:

If it’s just because of one element and not some kind of political/cultural controversy, why they just don’t fix that part of the set and release it later lol? That doesn’t make much sense.

Couldn’t agree more. They fixed and rereleased the Marvel mechs, so why not this set too? Maybe they don’t have much faith in this theme and thought a cancellation would be cheaper than a redesign :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Couldn’t agree more. They fixed and rereleased the Marvel mechs, so why not this set too? Maybe they don’t have much faith in this theme and thought a cancellation would be cheaper than a redesign :shrug_oh_well:

I feel like these sets have potentially sold a lot better than lego was expecting, and if so I reckon there is a chance they would fix it and release it amongst another wave, not sure if that is plausible or not?