MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

36 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

So acc to lego_club_news on IG the asymmetrical fin is real. Stu._d still hasn’t posted the corrections and there’s apparently two speeders in the set now so I’m guessing this is accurate. I’m really hoping the build is killer otherwise because I want the figures but I also don’t want to pay 100 dollars for a garbage ship. I was really hoping this was going to be similar to Krennic’s shuttle in quality but I’m rapidly losing optimism

I think club news is just a reposter, right? He/she must have gotten the info we did and took it and run.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

I think club news is just a reposter, right? He/she must have gotten the info we did and took it and run.

I’ve seen them get original stuff in the past but yeah they are generally a reposter. The two speeders I’ve not seen anywhere else tho. 

edit: more info from their story, apparently all the troopers are very detailed, sand blue is a definite, Omega is not in there (unsurprising), the interior holds max 2-3 figs and they rate the build 6/10. I’m getting Imperial Shuttle Recolor But Somehow Worse vibes from this. The fig info is promising tho. 

Edited by hondohnaka

Okay, I reread it, and I think the wings will be the same on both sides but the top fin will have one side studs and one side anti studs, like Palpatine’s shuttle. Not great, but not terrible.

2 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Okay, I reread it, and I think the wings will be the same on both sides but the top fin will have one side studs and one side anti studs, like Palpatine’s shuttle. Not great, but not terrible.

Yeah just looked closer at Palp’s shuttle and I wouldn’t be surprised if the BB one is just a straight-up update and recolor of that with speeders to justify the higher price. 

9 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Guys wait until pictures! 

The meditation Chamber might be cancelled, as per Lego_fulcrum on insta. RIP. 

I always felt like this was a weird set to make at a $70 price point. It either had to be super detailed or gigantic. Not surprising. Do we know if the number is being replaced or if it’s just permanently scrapped?

21 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Guys wait until pictures! 

The meditation Chamber might be cancelled, as per Lego_fulcrum on insta. RIP. 

That's disappointing. I was really looking forward to this set. 

two things: Fulcrum’s source got it wrong and was talking about another set. That’s both promising and scary. Secondly Stu._d posted a SUPER blurry pic of the shuttle to their story, the color (which is literally the only thing you can see) doesn’t look terrible? But they said it does have a lot of sand blue 

The image is available under the #legoleaks hash on Insta apparently

bB shuttle pic is up now on Insta gonna pick this up the windshield piece is kinda weird to me though felt like a better job could’ve been done there.Figures look amazing though so gonna preorder.

Edited by Displayedaction

Looks like that is a 360. The shuttle looks very okay, I kinda need better photos for a judgement. First thoughts:

1. GONK 

2. Crosshair looks like a Death Trooper

3. Tech’s helmet looks okay, others look pretty good

4. the shuttle is pretty small, like there can’t be any space in it.

5. why two speeders?

Are we sure this is not a render?

Edited by Brickroll

The picture's too blurry to see any detail on the figures, but there are five troopers and a gonk droid. Tech (lighter-colored armor) and Wrecker (light patch on helmet) are identifiable; presumably the other three are the Hunter, Crosshair, and Echo, although they're basically just grey splotches. Everybody definitely does have helmets, and it also includes two hairpieces, a black one that's presumably for Hunter and a brown one that I'm not sure about (Tech, maybe?). The shuttle is, in my opinion, very ugly, but that's more of a problem with the ship itself rather than LEGO's rendition of it. Like Brickroll said, it's small, although I can't count exactly how small. One of the speeders is very similar to (maybe a direct recolor of) the BARC speeder from 75280 in dark grey, and the second is smaller and light green. Overall the set doesn't have that much going on, but there are a lot of figures for a set this size (especially since they're all new), so being able to get the whole Bad Batch makes this a no-brainer buy for me.

Not really liking the shuttle but it could grow on me. Looks too much like it an animals face or something like that. First thought was one of the vultures from the animated Jungle Book.

The shuttle doesn't look as bad as I thought it would look, the figures look alright (can't really make out what they look like) and the green speeder is neat. I do have to wonder why that grey speeder was included, it holds no value in my eyes and they really should've just used that budget elsewhere in the set or just remove it completely and lower the price a bit. 

Looks atrocious IMO. Like a mutated Marvel quinjet. The figs look all right and the speeders are cool but holy smokes I’m not happy with the main ship.  

3 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Looks atrocious IMO. Like a mutated Marvel quinjet. The figs look all right and the speeders are cool but holy smokes I’m not happy with the main ship.  

If this is accurate and not a fake or a weird render, I agree completely. Compared to Krennic's Shuttle ,which I had hoped it'd be more similar in size to, this looks pretty bad for a set costing $100. Easy pass for me. 

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The shuttle doesn't look as bad as I thought it would look, the figures look alright (can't really make out what they look like) and the green speeder is neat. I do have to wonder why that grey speeder was included, it holds no value in my eyes and they really should've just used that budget elsewhere in the set or just remove it completely and lower the price a bit

Second speeder seems like a waste of budget. 

Im not into SW sets anymore since the sequels. But overall looks interesting due to the colour scheme (sand blue/black). Yes, its a downgrate from former quality of ships but this seems to be the new way for SW sets. It's like the Imperial shuttle version. Some disadvantages but also some advantages. I think for example wings done with plates often look stupid ad a certain size. Except for the underside of the wings, these seem quite fine. And SW sets always suck from the underside.

I guess there wont be much space inside. But it should fit 4 figures.

WHY would they include 2 speeders instead of using those pieces to make the cockpit look less bad or the shuttle less small? Still getting the set tho...

The space marine armour piece or whatever it's called in gunmetal grey is a useful piece, I'm predicting a whole bunch of War Machine customs using it.

I hope Imperial Crosshair has his face underneath instead of just a black head, but since his hair isn't included I don't think he will. 

4 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Im not into SW sets anymore since the sequels. But overall looks interesting due to the colour scheme (sand blue/black). Yes, its a downgrate from former quality of ships but this seems to be the new way for SW sets. It's like the Imperial shuttle version. Some disadvantages but also some advantages. I think for example wings done with plates often look stupid ad a certain size. Except for the underside of the wings, these seem quite fine. And SW sets always suck from the underside.

I guess there wont be much space inside. But it should fit 4 figures.

Yea I think they took a lot from the new imperial shuttle in terms of size and simplicity which I personally don’t prefer at all to the krennic shuttle which has size and a more advanced look.It probably fits the same amount of figs which I think is 4.

Edited by Displayedaction

1 minute ago, Prometheus87 said:

If this is accurate and not a fake or a weird render, I agree completely. Compared to Krennic's Shuttle ,which I had hoped it'd be more similar in size to, this looks pretty bad for a set costing $100. Easy pass for me. 

Second speeder seems like a waste of budget. 

Dont forget that Lego designers are adapting to a market. Im not talking price here; this looks like maximum 70-80 bucks to me and 100 bucks would be a joke.

About design: it seems they have to put in some speeders and size the shuttle itself down. Im sure designers would love to make bigger and more accurate ships but the market is mostly kids. And I do think sets like the new X-Wing will be much more attractive for them then the 100$ version.

Fulcrum put this up and then took it down immediately. That might mean it is fake, but I’m not sure.

Just now, Brickroll said:

Fulcrum put this up and then took it down immediately. That might mean it is fake, but I’m not sure.

Acc to Falconfan someone got majorly screwed for posting it so I think it’s real

1 minute ago, Displayedaction said:

Yea I think they took a lot from the new imperial shuttle in terms of size and simplicity which I personally don’t prefer at all to the krennic shuttle which has size and a more advanced look.

dont forgett the basically repeat of the 501 speeder ;)

I think noone would doubt this. But again, its a kids toy and I see my small one playing with this much more then the Krennic shuttle. Easier to handle, less stuff breaking off, less complex, extra thingis like the speeders to play with. SW builds go in the marvel direction it seems. Good for Lego, it for sure makes more sense then oversized shuttles, even if they do look better :/

2 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

No it means its a huge risk to post.

I suppose...I guess @hondohnaka’s bit about FF means it probably is real, but it’s odd he put it up in the first place, it’s not something he usually does.