Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - FB1] Beauchamp Residence - Eltina

Not only was land cheaper and more abundant in Eltina, but Admiral (Retired) Girard Beauchamp, preferred the quiet and relaxed pace of Le Bellan's second city when enjoying his down time. Quite different from the perpetual motion machine that he appeared to be throughout the day. 

BeauchampResidence

Not that he hadn't thrown himself heart and soul into designing the grand home and surrounding estate, much like he has thrown his heart and soul into the Crown's war efforts.

BeauchampResidence_2

The water features, cannonball accents, busts of his favorite captains, the ever present grey/blue fields and the Lion which had defined his philosophy for naval tactics. All focused on Zeus "Thunderbolt" the man was so pious, you would think Zeus and him were scheming their next moves in tandem. 

BeauchampResidence11

Though, a curious moment had stuck in Master Shipwright Jean Benoit's head the other day... After a Naval Intelligence Officer had come to the Shipyard to deliver the morning briefing, the Old Admiral looked as if he may collapse.

Benoit was elated, "Peace, at our very fingertips, with nearly the whole of the island in our control, what news!"

"Hmmm, yes, yes, peace likely I suppose" Beauchamp replied to nobody in particular, "with Corrington too, it would seem..." and the Admiral put down the sketches he had been holding with a trembling hand. 

Benoit had never seen the Admiral's hands so much as twitch, the man's whole being was bent to his indominable will, "Admiral, are you alright?" He'd meant to call him Sir, not sure why, but after so many years, he wasn't sure he'd ever heard anyone address him as anything but Admiral. 

The Admiral's parade straight posture sank away as Beauchamp sighed and leaned back in his chair, "I may work from my home office for the remainder of the week, Jean, such a nice house and I feel I have never seen it in the light of the sun, always gone before sunrise and back after sunset."

"But, Admiral, you will come for the opening of the drydock, you have toiled on this engineering feat for months?" 

For a split second, a confused look slid across the Admirals gaunt face, "... yes, yes, of course, but if not, I think you will certainly carry on just fine without me. Yes.... yes, I think I'll spend the rest of the day working from the residence, I have some affairs to put in order." The Admiral leaned forward, placing half his weight on the worn wooden nub, he called a leg. It had never truly sank in to Benoit until that moment, that the man, the old man who would be older than his own father, rest his soul, had survived such grievous wounds. Instinct took over, and as the Admiral rose, Jean wrapped the faded Admiral's cloak around him, feeling the bones of his shoulders despite the wool and epaulettes. 

"Well Admiral, it is a lovely residence, and you have certainly earned some time to enjoy it. We will keep your place at the drydock ceremony either way." Benoit opened the door and waved the footmen to bring the carriage. 

BeauchampResidence_5

Hours later, the carriage pulled up to the Beauchamp Residence. Admiral Retired Girard Beauchamp smelled the flowers and listened to the fountains bubble as he leaned on his cane and started up the steps. 

BeauchampResidence_6

At the top of the steps, without ceremony, he walked inside for some much needed rest. 

BeauchampResidence_5

Licensed as a large residence in Eltina.

I would also like to live in this modest residence. The entrance area with the stairs, fountains and balcony is a highlight.

I am always amazed at how fast you turn out models, both digital and physical, and they are always top notch.

The sheer scale of the thing! Humungous! This would be a pretty costly set to build w/ physical bricks.

Nice job on the entrance area - looks pretty fancy.

The shutter holders on those stacked 2x2 windows look like intentional ornamentation - good choice with those.

The technic balls as finials works well here and adds to the blue/black coordination

Also really like the 4x4 round curve tiles on the outside corners of the carriage court.

Keep up the good work

Edited by evancelt

It is a really nice looking residence. A very melancholy story to go with it, though. I hope that the Admiral isn't feeling his age too much. 

Thanks @NOD, @Pdaitabird, @caiman0637, @evancelt, and @Ross Fisher

@KotZ, I started building this right after Oktoberfest in Punto Sur ended (I was happy with the front I'd made on the Punto Sur Academy and wanted to see if I could do better. Even so... @Professor Thaum got me... the um Beauchamp Family are very private and do not permit guests in the home unless for very special occasions. As is, base is 96 x 96 (more outside the house than in) so I don't feel like I've cheated anybody on my large residence build, but if I get a wild hair, I may build 48 x 48 worth of the interior and license as an additional residence. 

Ok, I want to see this, in person, built in real bricks. :pir-wub: The design is classic, and the dark red and grey look really good with white windows and the dark blue roof. The landscape details are cool and I really like the central fountain. Beautiful.