Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[O10 - Gorse - CE] Sector 17

*Your entry has earned 7 XP*

Gorse, at the foot of a landing pad, somewhere on the planet libration area. Contaminated area, Sector 17 limit.

iirc.jpg

As everywhere the civilisation in accordance with nature leaves its mark.

dg28.jpg

Technology and environment in perfect symbiosis.

gall.jpg

1ti3.jpg: C'mon Orel, let's dump the other and we're done. It's soon going to begin to get chilly right there !

tp6y.jpg

jfhs.jpg

Raint : We are lucky, you sent us a mandalorian ship on Mustafar director, it seems that we loose the corvette.

K. Kaas : I'm not director anymore, my boy, here and for now I'm lord Krakoo Kaas !

Raint : Lord Krakoo Kaas ? What happ...

K. Kaas : We works with Mandalorian Clan Eldar now, and they are fond of nice titles. Congratulation Raint,
you are now Lieutnant, "Ver'alor" for the Mandalorians...

bwc9.jpg

Raint : But the Guild ?

K. Kaas : Forget the Guild, we are now proud warriors. You have, however, a lot to say about your trip, haven't you ?

h82u.png : Sure, dir... Err, Lord Krakoo Kaas.

*** THE STORY OF RAINT ***
k2z5.jpg

After losing all com with Chorlian III and my probes above Mustafar, I was soon chased by imperial TIEs.
The SSO being a mining exploration shuttle, I lacked the speed to shake the TIEs and I was shot despite desperate maneuvers.
I succeed in a crash landing, fortunately I was far enough of lava pits and lakes and close enough to a native village.

As they retain some grudge against imperials, the native provide me a lava flea and I could escape the AT-ST which were closing of the SSO wreckage.
With the Flea, I could reach the factory, were I was supposed to have my period.

pim1.jpg

But the imperial patrols were so numerous that I had to change my plans.

I traveled no far a ransacked stronghold, that the native were running scared about,

0e89.jpg

and there... I "heard" the voice.
Something really disturbing that was calling me in my mind.

tdsy.png: How very interesting it is !

k2z5.jpg : I enter the place, following "the voice"

nv2f.png

It leads me to a cave, far beneath the stronghold, were it was hard to breath.

2rpl.jpg

Finally I arrived in a bigger cave with a small lava pit, and the thing who called me.

4hp9.jpg

tdsy.png : And it was ?

k2z5.jpg : You'd better have a look to my helmet visor recorder, it's so crazy to explain.
That was a big bronze head emerging from lava, crowned by a kind of spider, I've never seen before.
And the spider was carrying a metal helmet.

hu7g.jpg

I don't fully remember the conversation with that "thing", but it was about what I need and what I want. Or what is needed or wanted.

hpxh.jpg

But I'm not sure it was rather what it needed and what it wanted. Anyway, the spider gave me the helmet and I left.

b6yt.jpg

I finally get out of the cave at the foot of the castle...
But it was just to came face-to-face with an imperial patrol of stormtroopers.
The "voice" order me to run and I realized that it came from the helmet rather than the spider, or the bronze head.

I was running to escape the patrol when Koko came to rescue and burnt the patrol down.

K. KAAS : And you bare handed stopped a laser shot during that showdown.

RAINT : Yes, as Koko and I already explained to you by hypercom.

C&C welcome as ususal. The vador castle pics being from wookiepedia, it has not to be judged (of course ) I choose not to display my micro here to avoid being branded as copy-paster, as my build was close enough of what we could find on the web.

some bonus pics under the spoiler :

Spoiler

fpww.jpg

1hce.png

it was inspired by that picture :

64fu.jpg

The Eye of Webbish Bogg :

y807.jpg

styu.jpg

Edited by goatman461

Nice all-around, but that drippy, gunky stuff in first couple pictures feels so gross... it's great!  :classic:

1 minute ago, deraven said:

Nice all-around, but that drippy, gunky stuff in first couple pictures feels so gross... 

Yeah, it's great... that really caught me.

That looks great. I love the micro-scale mustafar. And the insect creature reminds me of the thing from the concept art of ep. IX

Some nice builds here. Love the hefty building in your first pictures. The red drips from the drain are a great touch. I also love the microscale building. Do you want these all judged together or do you want to make 2 topics?

A nice build with some good textures (especially some drips from the drain). The mustafar builds are really nice too, though it seems strange to have so many of them on a build for Gorse.

4 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Could the judges explain the score ? With all details !

@goatman461, @MKJoshA, @Darth Bjorn, etc, the whole gang.

Please be very precise.

Yeah, I'm sick over it !

Anyway, Never mind.

It's hard to judge multiple builds in 1 entry. If you had submitted them separately I think you would have gotten a higher overall score. For the builds themselves, there's a lot of brick stacking going on. I'd experiment with more SNOT work.