MKJoshA

Wishlist: Future Star Wars Sets and Minifigures

52 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

I think you have no hope of getting those obscure EU characters (unless you read some of he old X-Wing series or the dark horse comics). 

It would have to be Disney approved, they won't greenlight sets with figures like that in it, not when current IP could fill the space.

You do understand this is a wishlist thread, right?

On 5/10/2023 at 9:58 AM, ARC2149Nova said:

A-Wing Starfighter ($39.99): A-Wing Pilot (Sila Kott), Rebel Crew, Admiral Ackbar.

B-Wing Starfighter ($59.99): B-Wing Pilot (Keyan Farlander), Rebel Commando, Mon Mothma.

Y-Wing Starfighter ($49.99): Orange markings. Ekelarc Yong, Grizz Frix, R5-P9, Crix Madine.

Millennium Falcon ($139.99): Lando Calrissian, Nien Nunb, Colonel Airen Cracken, Lieutenant Blount, Rebel Ground Crew (white helmet), Orrimaarko.

We're overdue for all four of these. I think a summer 2024 falcon is a shoe-in, and that we'll see either the y- or b-wing come january. The figure selections are generally pretty good too, and aside from the pilots probably being generic I could see them happening.

The more I play through survivor, the more stuff leaps out as me as being perfect for sets. The Bedlam Raiders scream battle pack, and there's a variety of interesting locations with things that would make excellent play features. I mean, there's 3 major ships in the first hour of the game that would make great sets: (Minor spoilers up until your second visit to the third planet you go to, nothing big plot-wise):

Spoiler

The Mantis ($89.99): Greez Ditrius, Cal Kestis, Bode Akuna, Merrin, BD-1

Coruscant police dropship ($69.99): 1x purge commander, 2x CSF trooper, Cal Kestis, Senator Sejan.

Bode Akuna's Headhunter ($59.99): Bode Akuna (CSF disguise), Bravo, 2x patrol trooper, 1x scout trooper.

Of course duel sets would be great, and good ways to get some of the villains. Brick-built versions of some of the beast boss fights would also be cool. And this will never happen, but there's even an MBS set screaming to be made from: (Minor spoilers for up until that same point in the game, but most of them are just the names of patrons, and won't mean anything until you meet them anyway)

Spoiler

Koboh ($399.99): Greez's Saloon and Doma Dedra's shop. Greez's Saloon contains the bar, Cal's quarters, and a second floor, alongside the rooftop garden. Figures are Cal Kestis, BD-1, Bode Akuna, Greez Ditrius, Merrin, Monk (brick-built), Doma Dedra (brick-built), Turgle, Zygg, Skoova Stev, Toa, Moran, Tulakit or whatever her name is, Caij, Dana, Grock, Zee, Mosey, 2x Bedlam Raider, Rayvis, 2x b1, 1x b2, and 1x bx commando.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

we need battle pack with droids. Since 2020 droids and clones in sets looks like that:

clones= 75280,75283,75342,40558,75309,75337,75345, swamp speeder, gunship, ucs venator, advent calendar with 212th= 30 clones and 2 foilpacks with clones and bad batch squad

droids: 75280,75283,75342,75337, 2020 advent calendar, 2022 advent calendar, 2023 advent calendar= 12 droids and spider droid

for me many droids looks more satisfying than many clones

Edited by omegabadbatch

I really wish they'd do an Assault Gunship/Starwing. Those that played the TIE Fighter video game will know why.

It's one of my favourite EU ships and yet it's hardly ever featured in anything nowadays.

Same goes for the Skipray Blastboat.

Some ideas, all location based sets in the style of the Yavin IV set.

Echo Base ($160): Sort of a beefier remake of the 2007 version and 2011 versions, combined into one.  Includes the main hangar doors with some ice wall facade on the outside and a gear function to open them (just like the 2007 one).  Inside has a docking station for a snowspeeder, Tauntaun pen, a computer terminal/command station, and some weapons/helmet racks.  Also includes a small turret and snowbank on the outside.  Essentially, think the UCS Hoth, but scale it down a little bit and don't include most of the exterior details.  (Sidenote, I know people complained a lot about the UCS Hoth, looking at it now, it seems like a decent set, granted a bit disjointed, but I have absolutely no idea how this set cost $250).  Minfigures are Luke, Dak, Hoth Han Solo, Hoth Leia, Toryn Farr, General Riekann, Bren Derlin, snowy Chewbacca, K-3PO, Hobie, and a Tauntaun.

Endor Bunker ($160): Again, a larger remake of the 2009 version.  Includes the bunker with an interior command station and opening doors, a small tree/foliage build, Ewok catapult, 2 speeder bikes, and a small AT-ST.  Includes Endor Han, Endor Leia, Nik Sant, C-3PO, R2-D2, Chewbacca, AT-ST Driver, Imperial Trooper, 2x Scout Trooper, Wicket, and Paploo.

Geonosis Arena ($160): Includes 3 small sections of the stands, the middle one being the booth with Dooku, 3 pillar builds, a brick-built Acklay, maybe a molded Reek and Nexu?  Minifigures are Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, Count Dooku, Poggle the Lessor, Jango Fett, Mace Windu, young Boba Fett, silver C-3PO, Kit Fisto, 2x Geonosian warriors, and 6x Geonosis battle droids, including one where you can swap the head for C-3PO (not sure what the deal with Super Battle Droids are, so I'd just assume they're not included).  

@Kit Figsto I like these ideas, though I'd change the Echo Base lineup a touch: Hoth versions of Han, Luke, Leia, Toryn Farr, General Rieekan, K-3PO, Hoth Rebel Trooper (Trey Callum). Hoth Rebel Trooper (Echo Base Gear), Wedge Antilles, Wes Jansen (Alternatively: Zev Senesca & Will Scotian). I like the idea of Hobbie, but he was never technically on-screen, and I doubt Lego would do anything to distinguish him from Dutch Vander. The Tauntaun stays, but I don't consider it a minifigure :classic:

The main thread also brought up Theed, and while I think the main palace is draw enough, the figure selection could be completely wizard: Padme (Battle Dress), 2x Naboo Royal Guard (Maroon), Captain Panaka, Anakin, Qui-Gon, Obi-wan, Ric Ollie, R2-D2, Darth Maul, Nute Gunray, 2x Battle Droid Security, Droideka. Contains an N-1 in the style of Yavin's Y-Wing.

Those are all great, I'll throw in a few more:

Jedi Temple ($159.99): Exterior is the one side of the temple, with a figure-compatible entrance at the bottom. The interior contains (Lowest level) the jedi archives and a small hallway area, (middle level) Anakin's quarters and a classroom, and (top level) the council chambers. A mid-scale Aethersprite is also included in dark red. Figures are (all episode 2 based): Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Mace Windu, R4-P17, Jocasta Nu, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, and 2x Jedi Youngling. (Notice that the set is Ep 2 based, hence the younglings can be included without some... interesting questions being raised)

Exogol ($99.99): In the center, a large sith throne. On one side, an Omnic Harness support, and on the other, a lab area with a jar of clones. On either side of those, a sith statue build somewhat larger than the anubises from the indiana jones lost tomb set. On the outer side of one statue is a function to lower a platform for kylo. Figures are Ben Solo, Rey, Palpatine (zombie), Palpatine (reborn), 2x soveirgn protector, Vicrul, and Ap'lek.

(Also, update on my summer wave. I've taken a break to work on contest entries, and I'm not sure I'll be done with the wave before I start a job that's got 14-15 hour work days every other day for the remainder of the summer. I'm currently shooting for a late august release)

16 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

The main thread also brought up Theed, and while I think the main palace is draw enough, the figure selection could be completely wizard: Padme (Battle Dress), 2x Naboo Royal Guard (Maroon), Captain Panaka, Anakin, Qui-Gon, Obi-wan, Ric Ollie, R2-D2, Darth Maul, Nute Gunray, 2x Battle Droid Security, Droideka. Contains an N-1 in the style of Yavin's Y-Wing.

MBS sets aren't really my thing, but if they made a big Theed set I would buy it in a heartbeat. It has some of the most visually interesting architecture in Star Wars with its renaissance flairs, and it plays such a pivotal role in TPM you could have virtually all of the main characters in it without them being out of place.

I'd probably make it in a similar style to the Lion Knights' castle or the big Hogwarts set, where it can be folded out to have other scenes from the movie represented, but still looks good when closed up on display.

Palace of Theed ($400): exterior could have the palace itself, a section of river with bridge and possibly the hangar door. Maybe throw in some swampy bits round the back for the Gungans. On the inside, main features would be the hangar, the Duel of the Fates rooms with a laser gate or two, the throne room, and a hallway where the windows can be knocked out to grapple up to the top of the palace.

Figures would basically be what ARC2149Nova suggested. I'd probably swap out one or both of the royal guards in for Jar-Jar though - it would feel odd for him to be the only main character left out. Boss Nass could be thrown in as well, but he might fit better in a separate Naboo set. I'd also add that little walking droid coffee table with a microfigure hologram of Palpatine for Nute to follow around.

Recently, I've been on a quest to find out which sets are in "minifigure-scale", i.e. UCS Falcon-scale. To my (horrific) surprise, the UCS Slave I is actually not to scale (needs to be a touch longer. and needs a bigger cockpit area maybe?). Now despite not owning these two sets, I do eventually plan to streamline my LSW collection, and collecting the ships that scale properly seems like a decent idea. Now as to how this relates, there are a few sets which I think could be redesigned to fit the Falcon-scale, and I'd like to maybe see them in 2024.

A-Wing Starfighter (closest in-scale: 6207). Price point would be roughly $19.99, and would include A-Wing Pilot (Dark Green jumpsuit), Rebel Commando (pathfinder jacket). Could possibly use a new piece in order to split the nose accurately.

B-Wing Bomber (closest in-scale: 75050). Price point is $59.99. Same size as the 2014 version, except a bit more solid in build. Minifigures include a Blade Squadron pilot, Crix Madine, and the obligatory Ten Numb.

Snowspeeder (closest in-scale: 4500). Price point is $19.99, and would simply include Luke Skywalker and Dak Ralter (snowspeeder fatigues, a distinction Lego needs to return to)

AT-RT Recon (closest in-scale: 8098 pack-in). Price point is $14.99 and would be an accessory pack with an accurate AT-RT as the build. AT-RT Driver, Kashyyyk Trooper, Wookie Warrior (armored).

On 5/28/2023 at 9:12 PM, ARC2149Nova said:

A-Wing Starfighter (closest in-scale: 6207). Price point would be roughly $19.99, and would include A-Wing Pilot (Dark Green jumpsuit), Rebel Commando (pathfinder jacket). Could possibly use a new piece in order to split the nose accurately.

B-Wing Bomber (closest in-scale: 75050). Price point is $59.99. Same size as the 2014 version, except a bit more solid in build. Minifigures include a Blade Squadron pilot, Crix Madine, and the obligatory Ten Numb.

Snowspeeder (closest in-scale: 4500). Price point is $19.99, and would simply include Luke Skywalker and Dak Ralter (snowspeeder fatigues, a distinction Lego needs to return to)

AT-RT Recon (closest in-scale: 8098 pack-in). Price point is $14.99 and would be an accessory pack with an accurate AT-RT as the build. AT-RT Driver, Kashyyyk Trooper, Wookie Warrior (armored).

Yes, love them all. 

I apologise if this has been suggested before, cause I haven't read much of the Star Wars theme forum, but surely its about time they make a  Chewbacca with the long legs from the Avatar and Toy Story sets.

4 hours ago, dilligan said:

I apologise if this has been suggested before, cause I haven't read much of the Star Wars theme forum, but surely its about time they make a  Chewbacca with the long legs from the Avatar and Toy Story sets.

I would vehemently detest that change. Chewie is tall, I'll grant you that, but he scales perfectly as is. No worse than R2 and 3PO.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I would vehemently detest that change. Chewie is tall, I'll grant you that, but he scales perfectly as is. No worse than R2 and 3PO.

Couldn't have said it better myself, but I'll try:

5 hours ago, dilligan said:

Chewbacca isn't much taller than any of the other tall SW characters. You think Vader should have the long legs? Or Phasma? 

Chewie is 8 ft tall. The avatar people average 10ft tall. What's more, he doesn't have particularly lanky limbs, he's just a larger being.

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Couldn't have said it better myself, but I'll try:

Chewbacca isn't much taller than any of the other tall SW characters. You think Vader should have the long legs? Or Phasma? 

Chewie is 8 ft tall. The avatar people average 10ft tall. What's more, he doesn't have particularly lanky limbs, he's just a larger being.

Vader is fine as a regular fig, he's only a slightly taller human and this can be achieved by the size of his helmet,

Chewie being around 8 ft tall is roughly a third taller than a human. Thats quite significant.

Lego probably didn't do the Avatar people justice with the height of their minifigs if they are 10 ft tall. Thats almost double a humans height

.tn_75571_alt2_jpg.jpg

This is chewie and han next to each other standing up

d3616086658cf3b1a95fd0e8788c1d47.jpg

I just found someone has already mocced up chewie with longer legs and the height ratio between the two is pretty spot on to me.

6287263453_3aaa3efffa_b.jpg

Each to their own, but for me, the longer legs make chewie look a more realistic height.

4 hours ago, dilligan said:

Vader is fine as a regular fig, he's only a slightly taller human and this can be achieved by the size of his helmet,

Chewie being around 8 ft tall is roughly a third taller than a human. Thats quite significant.

Lego probably didn't do the Avatar people justice with the height of their minifigs if they are 10 ft tall. Thats almost double a humans height

I just found someone has already mocced up chewie with longer legs and the height ratio between the two is pretty spot on to me.

6287263453_3aaa3efffa_b.jpg

Each to their own, but for me, the longer legs make chewie look a more realistic height.

I definitely agree, but I think this example also shows that they would probably need to make a specialized leg piece for Chewy because in that custom I think his legs just look a bit too long relative to his body. Ideally his torso would be slightly bigger and the legs slightly shorter, but I don't know if that's possible since then the legs might not allow for him to sit down (since they would be more like 2.5 studs long).

@dilligan Bro, it's Lego. It doesn't need to scale properly. The fact is that the 2014-present Chewbacca represents the character almost perfectly, and decently scales with his cast mates. Next we'll be debating if Luke and Leia should have mid-legs, or if R2-D2 should be a half-stud smaller. Or if Yoda should be a single-mold little taller than Grogu.

This is one of the few times where "it's a toy" is first and foremost in my thought process.

19 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

@dilligan Bro, it's Lego. It doesn't need to scale properly. The fact is that the 2014-present Chewbacca represents the character almost perfectly, and decently scales with his cast mates. Next we'll be debating if Luke and Leia should have mid-legs, or if R2-D2 should be a half-stud smaller. Or if Yoda should be a single-mold little taller than Grogu.

This is one of the few times where "it's a toy" is first and foremost in my thought process.

It doesn't need to scale properly but clearly lego do make a range of different sized legs for different scenarios. Harry potter, lord of the rings, avatar, etc all make use of different sized legs and torsos to represent different sized characters. I just think the size difference between an adult human and a wookie warrants longer legs, but as I said, each to their own.

On 6/4/2023 at 3:08 AM, Meadius said:

I definitely agree, but I think this example also shows that they would probably need to make a specialized leg piece for Chewy because in that custom I think his legs just look a bit too long relative to his body. Ideally his torso would be slightly bigger and the legs slightly shorter, but I don't know if that's possible since then the legs might not allow for him to sit down (since they would be more like 2.5 studs long).

Agreed, height is right but the body to leg ratio is slightly out.

1 hour ago, dilligan said:

Agreed, height is right but the body to leg ratio is slightly out.

This is the crux of it for me. IMO the long legs just make it look like Chewie has platform boots on. Besides, minifigure proportions are so out of whack that a small difference in the height doesn't make much difference to me; they're caricatures at the end of the day, so the extra height the headpiece gives him is enough. Maybe sticking a plate or two on his feet could account for that better.

I am surprised more have not suggested Bad Batch Season 2 sets. 

TK Stormtroopers, Imperial Commando’s, and TK Shock Troopers would all be amazing additions. 

Considering the timeframe of the show, it would appeal to both Prequel and OT fans. 

A small army of these figures are particularly appealing to me. 

The sets would also accompany nicely existing Imperial collections. 

Lego have focused on the wrong things for this show overall thus far and I really think they’ve missed a trick.

I have seen recently on certain social media channels complaints about the lack of Anakin Skywalker figures on shelves comparative to Luke Skywalker.

Irrespective of my thoughts, here are my favourite sets that could release in the next few years with Anakin.

TPM: 

Naboo Starfighter Vs Vulture Droid 

Skywalker Homestead 

AOTC: 

Coruscant Airspeeder Chase 

Petranaki Arena (Yavin 2023 style) 

ROTS:

Anakin’s Green Jedi Interceptor 

Duel on Mustafar Diorama 

Palpatine’s Arrest Diorama 

TCW: 

Anakin’s Yellow Jedi Starfighter 

Seperatist Tri-Droid (S7) 

Sometimes I wish Lego took more risks when it comes to Star Wars, especially in the battle packs. Imagine a series of Rebel Trooper packs that included a variety of alien species, a battle pack for pirates and Jabba's goons, and more. Some thoughts:

New Republic Troopers with 1 Human, 1 Rodian, 1 Mon Calamari, 1 Sullustan (molded head, or printed chinstrap)

Hoth Rebels with 2x Human, 1 Quarren, 1 Zabrak

Endor Rebels with 1 Human, 1 Duros, 1 Twi'lek, 1 Weequay

Jakku Rebels (again), with 1 Human, 1 Aqualish, 1 Kel Dor, 1 Rodian

Urban Rebel Commandos (think OG Battlefront II), 1 Human, 1 Bothan, 1 Wookiee, 1 Nikto

The list is literally endless. I'd like to mix up my Rebels a little bit, but there aren't nearly enough aliens to fill the ranks.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Sometimes I wish Lego took more risks when it comes to Star Wars, especially in the battle packs. Imagine a series of Rebel Trooper packs that included a variety of alien species, a battle pack for pirates and Jabba's goons, and more. Some thoughts:

100% agree. Now that the battle packs are getting new faces and straying from the OT's rebel trooper extras, why not add more aliens into the mix a la the battlefront games?

I'm gonna throw some imperial counterparts at you. Always love when they released two opposing factions at the same time:

Dark Trooper battle pack: 1x stormtrooper, 1x imperial technician, 2x dark trooper. Build is 2 dark trooper pods and small turret.

Blizzard force battle pack: I mean, we just did this one. I'll say 3x snowtrooper, 1x assault platform driver. Build is a miniaturized assault platform.

Shield Bunker guards battle pack: 2x scout trooper, 2x navy trooper. Build is a bunker console and small defensive turret.

Jakku Imperial Remnant battle pack: 3x stormtroopers (dirtied armor), 1x scout trooper (dirtied armor). Build is an E-web and a speeder bike.

Imperial Army battle pack: 2x stormtrooper (both with medium blasters, but one with a thermal detonator and the other with a sidearm), imperial engineer (with fusion cutter and pistol), phase 0 dark trooper. Build is a station with a med-droid, gonk, command post, and circular bf2005 turret.

Speaking of battle packs, I'm starting the unlock process for Supreme Leader Kylo Ren in SWGOH, so I've been seeing a lot of the first order infantry. Here's 5 separate first order battle packs:

First Order assault team: 2x first order stormtrooper, 1x first order heavy trooper, 1x first order stormtrooper specialist (red pauldron). Build is a wall barricade alongside an infantry turret build for the officer, shield and sentry minigun for the heavy trooper, and weapon builds of the dioxis launcher and vanguard slugthrower for the standard troopers.

Starkiller base defenders: 2x first order snowtroopers, 1x snowtrooper commander, and 1x officer (heavy weather). Build is a small platform with a turret and First Order banner.

First Order Fleet: 2x stormtrooper executioner, 1x first order TIE pilot, and 1x special forces TIE pilot. Build is a security console and turret.

First Order special troopers: 1x riot trooper, 1x flame trooper, 1x treadspeeder pilot, and 1x jet trooper. Build is a treadspeeder.

Sith Eternal troopers: 3x sith trooper, 1x sith jet trooper. Build is a turbolaser turret from a xyston-class destroyer.

Well I'll hop on the battlepack train, but with a twist. Named character packs, I know they are hated but not by me. 

Imperial high command pack : General Tagge, Grand Vizier Mas Ameda, Director Isard, Lieutenant Blevin - build of a meeting table 

Republic Senators pack : Orn Free Taa, Padme Amidala, Halle Burtoni, Riyo Chuchi - build of scaled down senate pod.

High Republic era Jedi pack : Dagan Gera, Avar Kris, Santsri Kree, Sskeer - build of Geode.

Boda Fett's hirelings pack : 1 of the 2  Gamoreons, Black Krsantan, Drash, Boba Fett (bacta tank) -build of the bacta tank and the droid that uh dresses him?

CIS high command pack: General Grievous, Admiral Trench, Watt Tambor, Shu Mai - build of 4 destroyer droids.

Plazir 15 residents : Commissioner Hellgait, Captain Bombardier, the Duchess, Banquet Attendant ( Frog lady's species) -build of a banquet table and some brickbuilt droids to malfunction.

Rebel Leaders pack : Mon Mothma, Ahsoka Tano (Rebels), Bail Organa ( Rebels), Admiral Raddus - build is a scaled down rebel ship bridge.

Mission to Kashyyyk pack : Saw Gerrera, Cal Kestis (jacket no poncho look), Tarrful, purge trooper.- build is a spider ( I'm not able to spell the name but you know what I mean).

Force vision pack: Yoda, Dath Bane, Jedi Dooku, Evil Yoda - build of the force preistesses.

Clone Commandos Pack : Sec, Fixer, Scorch, Boss, - build is a stretcher, and some droids.

Shadow collective pack: Savage Opress, Rook Kast, Marg Krim, Ziton Moj - build of Mando jail

Adelphi Rangers Pack - Carson Teva ( jacket over flight suit), Zeb Orrelious, Trapper Wolf, Sash Ketter - build of bat with stools below and helmets above.

Clone war era bounty hunter pack - Durge, Aura Singh, Robonino, young Boba, - build of assassin droids and speeder.

Bracca escape pack: Cal Kestis ( bracca Scraper poncho), Prauf, Second sister, stormtrooper. - Scrapper platform build.