Murdoch17

[MOC] Demon-crewed Pirate Ship - "Hell Bent" (4195 /31109 MOD) with brick-built sails - WIP

This ship was heavily inspired by set 4195 (Queen Anne's Revenge) for the ship itself and set 31109 for the brick-built sails + pirate flag. The vessel is named the "Hell Bent", and is crewed by sailors-turned-demons, led by Captain Victor "Jawbone" Blucher. It will be built after the "Silver  Crab" pirate ship is done.

50938995987_85fbe7ae32_z.jpg

The vessel has eight cannons ready to fire at a moments notice.

50938995982_ac5c350c32_z.jpg

The rear of the ship has the nameplate on the stern, right below the custom brick-built pirate flag.

50938996017_c9155f846f_z.jpg

The model has a removable steering area for access to the captain's quarters, which has a desk and chair with two wall lanterns nearby.

50938193213_2b140a654d_z.jpg

Captain Victor (the figure on the right side) lost his lower jaw after a pistol shot at a vision of The Man Upstairs rebounded unto him, and was turned into a demon (along with his crew) by said entity for his crime against nature. He also gained an painful iron jawbone as an additional punishment, and so he could communicate with his crew verbally. The Hell Bent and it's crew have roamed the 7 seas for about 28 years now, only allowed to enter a port once every seven years for a week.

Just like the legendary storm-tossed Flying Dutchman and it's infernal crew, this ship is a bad omen at sea for merchants, but strangely is considered a good one for pirates, since it was a pirate ship to begin with. Usually, if the ship is sighted by a merchant ship, the crewmate who saw it will then die and join the demon-crew's ranks, but for pirates, it is allowed to get closer to exchange news of the world via bags of mail / news clippings / etc. sent over in waterproofed bags.

(In reality, I'm going to use Nexo Knights lava soldiers' heads and torsos for the crew and captain.)

If you have any thoughts, questions, complaints, suggestions, or comments, please post them below!

Edited by Murdoch17

On 2/14/2021 at 1:38 AM, Murdoch17 said:

50938193213_2b140a654d_z.jpg

Captain Victor (the figure on the right side) lost his lower jaw after a pistol shot

They all seem to have lost their facial features :pir-laugh:

Looks pretty cool, and the piece count seems reasonable for a physical build. The stem has a nice unique shape, as does the aftercastle. I'm not sure about that sail on the mizzen-mast though. The shape doesn't make sense to me.

On 2/14/2021 at 10:12 AM, Mister Phes said:

They all seem to have lost their facial features :pir-laugh:

I don't have the real face prints in LDD, sorry @Mister Phes.

22 hours ago, Man with beard said:

Looks pretty cool, and the piece count seems reasonable for a physical build. The stem has a nice unique shape, as does the aftercastle. I'm not sure about that sail on the mizzen-mast though. The shape doesn't make sense to me.

@Man with beard the shape of the rearmost sail is like that because triangular brick-built sails are VERY hard. This was the best I could do.