Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

35 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

While I'm sure we'd all love that and the stuff LEGO has made over the years has gotten a lot darker I really don't see them doing such a set. You know, with the physical embodiment of death and all that.

The pirate skeleton (and the POTC Barbossa and Jack), Ghost-Rider (both versions), the necromancer (Sauron), Jack Skellington and Hela all want to have a talk with you about their non-existence as minifigs^^ And they wouldn't have to make "death" a literal minifig. Just a nondescript black dementor-like hooded guy in the background (maybe even brickbuilt). Furthermore they could go with Dumbledore's and Hermione's interpretation of the story, exclude death and just give the three brothers the powerful artifacts (creating them on their own)

Edit: They have produced two Riddle manor scenes by now (even with the Baby-Voldemort in the cauldron). It doesn't get much darker than that.

Also I think the treatment of death as this big taboo is more childish. The fear and characterisation of it as this thing to be feared even more so. That is literally one of the key messages of the Harry Potter books and movies, in which the titular character has to constantly deal with the loss of loved-ones from the first book to the last. In the first chapters of Philosopher's Stone a young kid reading them is confronted with the fact that Harry lost his parents. You can't be a Harry Potter fan abd buy the merch without having read or watched at least book one. In the course of the 7 books one has to literally read about the death of more than 5 major characters before one reaches "The Tale of the Three Brothers". Which is not unlike other fairy-tales and fables where death appears either as a character or concept.

Edited by Metanoios91

Let’s deflate this new „leak“ on IG before it gets any traction, by which I mean that the $250 set allegedly isn’t Gringotts or a DA expansion. It‘s the same person that also spread that amazing...ly fake „rumour“ about additional Moments sets this summer :laugh_hard:

Honestly, we wouldn‘t even need that tidbit that to disprove this „leak“. A Gringotts set is obviously coming, considering the designers‘ conscious decision to leave it out of the DA set from the get-go. Moreover, since it makes sense for them to share a significant part of their shelf lifes, Gringotts has to be a D2C set too (otherwise it would probably leave shelves long before DA does). And with Hogsmeade being an $80 set, the most obvious competitor for a D2C set has been taken care of as well :purrr:

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Let’s deflate this new „leak“ on IG before it gets any traction, by which I mean that the $250 set allegedly isn’t Gringotts or a DA expansion. It‘s the same person that also spread that amazing...ly fake „rumour“ about additional Moments sets this summer :laugh_hard:

Honestly, we wouldn‘t even need that tidbit that to disprove this „leak“. A Gringotts set is obviously coming, considering the designers‘ conscious decision to leave it out of the DA set from the get-go. Moreover, since it makes sense for them to share a significant part of their shelf lifes, Gringotts has to be a D2C set too (otherwise it would probably leave shelves long before DA does). And with Hogsmeade being an $80 set, the most obvious competitor for a D2C set has been taken care of as well :purrr:

The fact every ''leak'' he has posted so far is bs already says enough.

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The fact every ''leak'' he has posted so far is bs already says enough.

True, but I wanted to twist the knive to make sure that idea stays dead :devil:

Bit late to the party but thought I'd chip in with some thoughts on the revealed sets:

- I'm delighted about the anniversary sets having a bit of a throwback to the original sets.  I loved those sets as a kid (still do) and I'm glad they're being linked to the new wave (personally a big fan of the albeit inaccurate sand green roofs).

- The gold figures are exciting for me despite being a bit of a gimmick, think I'll maybe have them as statues in a MOC trophy room.

- Girl's bathroom is a great cheap way to get Crabbe and Goyle figs, the cat Hermione is a fun addition and I'll be very happy if this fits neatly as an entrance to the Chamber of Secrets in the modular configuration.

- A brick built Fluffy with moulded heads sounds perfect, feel like the chessboard/winger keys is an inevitable follow up as you expect Fluffy to be guarding something.

- Hogsmeade sounds great, I'm not bothered about the potentially small playscale as it becomes easier to display. Minifigs are superb, nice to get a new Dean and hopefully hatless McGonagall, Madam Rosmerta and the Flumes are a real treat.

- Hogwarts Castle set is super exciting.  The Great Hall set was one of the only easy passes for me from the new wave, the hall is too squat with ugly doors and the tower misshapen imo (I currently use a modded 4842 hall and tower and think the sand green blends nicely).  Hard to picture this set being just 10% larger than the Astronomy tower so don't think we can expect a lot of interior detail.  I'd be happy with a nice, film-accurate facade and minimal interior (e.g. Duelling club great hall, moving stairs, Slytherin common room).  Looking forward to seeing the how the Chamber connects to the girl's bathroom set.  Delighted with the figs, new Lockhart, Colin Creevey, Professor Sinistra and Justin Finch Fletchley especially.

- Advent calendar sounds interesting, suspect as mentioned the flap will be the "board" of a boardgame. Perhaps we'll get a dice build and the figs will be counters.

All in all I'm really please with the revealed sets, much anticipated scenes, great new minifigs (some e.g. Sinistra that I wouldn't have dared to dream we might get) and a perfect way of doing the Chamber of Secrets imo which doesn't just give us an underground scene we can't easily display with Hogwarts. 

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

May I ask about which IG leak you are talking?? 🤔

58 minutes ago, Yope said:

-Hogsmeade sounds great, I'm not bothered about the potentially small playscale as it becomes easier to display. Minifigs are superb, nice to get a new Dean and hopefully hatless McGonagall, Madam Rosmerta and the Flumes are a real treat.

I agree that a smaller Hogsmeade is a real blessing, at least for people like me, who have neither the space nor the money for a $250-400 set like Diagon Alley.  I disagree that the minifigures are superb, however.  McGonagall is fine and appropriate, Harry is more or less inevitable, Rosmerta is more than welcome.  Dean is okay, I guess, but it seems like they're mixing movies again, since he was only featured prominently in Hogsmeade in Half-Blood Prince.  The Flumes are a joke to me, I couldn't care less about characters that aren't named in the books (same goes for "Garrick" Ollivander and "Lucian" Bole).  The golden figures are a cute novelty, but, let's face it, completely useless.  I would have much preferred Hagrid, Ron, Hermione, Fudge, Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, or even a Dementor.  But that's just me nitpicking.  The figures are almost an afterthought for me.  "Only" $80 for two Hogsmeade buildings is a great LEGO opportunity in my book.  :sweet:

I'm going to ask again, since it may have gotten buried a couple pages back: How do we know these sets are being released in June?  I can read German, and I didn't see Juni anywhere in the Promobricks article (unless I just completely missed something, which is perfectly possible!).  Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, it would help if I watched the video :laugh:

Edited by RogueTwo

5 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I agree that a smaller Hogsmeade is a real blessing, at least for people like me, who have neither the space nor the money for a $250-400 set like Diagon Alley.  I disagree that the minifigures are superb, however.  McGonagall is fine and appropriate, Harry is more or less inevitable, Rosmerta is more than welcome.  Dean is okay, I guess, but it seems like they're mixing movies again, since he was only featured prominently in Hogsmeade in Half-Blood Prince.  The Flumes are a joke to me, I couldn't care less about characters that aren't named in the books (same goes for "Garrick" Ollivander and "Lucian" Bole).  The golden figures are a cute novelty, but, let's face it, completely useless.  I would have much preferred Hagrid, Ron, Hermione, Fudge, Malfoy, Crabbe, Goyle, or even a Dementor.  But that's just me nitpicking.  The figures are almost an afterthought for me.  "Only" $80 for two Hogsmeade buildings is a great LEGO opportunity in my book.  :sweet:

I couldn't disagree more about the inclusion of the Flumes being a joke. One of the things that ''bothers'' me about Diagon Alley is that they didn't include shopowners for Scribbulus, Quality Quidditch Supplies and Flourish & Blotts (however obscure or random those figures might have ended up being). If we didn't get the Flumes we'd probably get Hermione and Ron again or yet another Hagrid. The otherwise fairly weak minifigure selection of the Hogsmeade set gets saved by the amazing inclusions of Madam Rosmerta and Mr and Mrs Flume.

5 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I'm going to ask again, since it may have gotten buried a couple pages back: How do we know these sets are being released in June?  I can read German, and I didn't see Juni anywhere in the Promobricks article (unless I just completely missed something, which is perfectly possible!).  Thanks!

1. Leaks
2. Past years 
3. Promobricks themselves list them as a 06/2021 release

7 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

With the Shrieking Shack being a pivotal location in PoA and DH and popping up several other times throughout the series I wouldn't necessarily say it's an "obscure location".

Have you considered that they could combine the Doe scene with the Snatcher chase? I'd buy that in a heartbeat, unlike a Durmstrang ship.

Yeah that has been brought up many times before. LEGO loves spreading collectable items out over several sets so it's likely they'll do the same here.

That’s my point though, Shrieking Shack is a pivotal location, yet they haven’t even made it. How would they make something more obscure in the DH homes when the climax of POA was completely omitted? 

And again I know most AFOLS would snatch up (pun intended) a set like that but if you’re trying to convince a kid when ether he wants a tent with the trio and some generic characters in black or a cool boat that comes with merpeople, a shark headed dude, and potentially some grindylows, and some cool seaweed builds, I’m still betting on Dumstrang Ship selling like hot cakes. Even alot of AFOLS like myself who owned the original and have nostalgia for it would eat this thing up. It’s too fun of a set to pass up on imo, especially if combined with the Second Task. Great mini figure selection as well knowing we could get Igor Karkaroff, Shark Krum, Rita Skeeter, Second Task Harry, Second Task couple of mermaids, and Gabriella.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean it seems pretty logical that August wave (with only 5 sets) will be either fully DH based or 1-6 based.

It's not like they'd make a mix with 3 DH sets and 2 other sets. Go big or go home.

They did this last year with 4 Privet Drive and Diagon Alley and started mixing sets from earlier in the film chronology to supplement, who says they won’t do it again. 

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

I couldn't disagree more about the inclusion of the Flumes being a joke. One of the things that ''bothers'' me about Diagon Alley is that they didn't include shopowners for Scribbulus, Quality Quidditch Supplies and Flourish & Blotts (however obscure or random those figures might have ended up being). If we didn't get the Flumes we'd probably get Hermione and Ron again or yet another Hagrid. The otherwise fairly weak minifigure selection of the Hogsmeade set gets saved by the amazing inclusions of Madam Rosmerta and Mr and Mrs Flume.

1. Leaks
2. Past years 
3. Promobricks themselves list them as a 06/2021 release

Fair point about shopkeepers.  I would still prefer unique variants of main characters, but I fully understand why many feel otherwise.  We can agree to disagree.

Thank you for clarifying @Guyon2002:classic:

I just found the Promobricks date right before you posted this, and I edited my post to hide my stupidity, but not quickly enough, it would seem :grin:
It is worth noting that all the previous waves have been slated as August releases in the United States, so it will be interested to see whether we on this side of the pond actually get the Anniversary sets early.

11 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Dean is okay, I guess, but it seems like they're mixing movies again, since he was only featured prominently in Hogsmeade in Half-Blood Prince.  The Flumes are a joke to me, I couldn't care less about characters that aren't named in the books

Would you prefer they were just called Honeydukes Owners? 

Dean is shown with his back to the camera here in PoA (I think). 

harry-potter4-movie-screencaps.com-7294.

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

One of the things that ''bothers'' me about Diagon Alley is that they didn't include shopowners for Scribbulus, Quality Quidditch Supplies and Flourish & Blotts (however obscure or random those figures might have ended up being).

I agree, although Scribbulus has no known employee, so they'd have to invent a character who doesn't appear in the films for them. 

5 minutes ago, RODDY said:

That’s my point though, Shrieking Shack is a pivotal location, yet they haven’t even made it. How would they make something more obscure in the DH homes when the climax of POA was completely omitted? 

This theme likely isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They'll want to keep some of the highly requested scenes and locations for future waves.

Just now, Seaber said:

I agree, although Scribbulus has no known employee, so they'd have to invent a character who doesn't appear in the films for them. 

I would've been fine with that tbh. Just reuse some parts to create an interesting figure that fits.

17 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

I would have much preferred...Goyle... 

I don't think Goyle was there, the actor broke his arm and was replaced by Pike for a few scenes in PoA, I think this is one. 

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

This theme likely isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They'll want to keep some of the highly requested scenes and locations for future waves.

They wouldn’t have known how evergreen the theme was by the time they started designing sets for the 2019 second wave which was the POA + GOF wave. The 2018 sets would have just gotten on shelves.

35 minutes ago, Axxe90 said:

May I ask about which IG leak you are talking?? 🤔

The „rumour“ that the $250 set is neither Gringotts nor a DA expansion. Just ignore it, I only brought it up to kill it right in its tracks :laugh: 

19 minutes ago, RODDY said:

I’m still betting on Dumstrang Ship selling like hot cakes. 

And I‘m still sceptical, especially at that price point. As cool as the ship is, its screentime is way too short to warrant a set that big. Star Wars is the only theme that‘s allowed to do that, and even then most sets above 100$ depict vehicles and scenes with more screentime than that (the Juggernaut was redeemed by TCW, just to shoot down the most obvious exception) :tongue: 

...unless they combine it with the 2nd task as many have suggested, but even then it shouldn‘t be more than $90 IMO. Seems like a good choice for the second-to-largest set next year, but I can think of more deserving options for this year‘s $120 set :sweet:

18 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Would you prefer they were just called Honeydukes Owners? 

Dean is shown with his back to the camera here in PoA (I think). 

Yes, I would :tongue:

And I know Dean was there, I just meant that his only memorable Hogsmeade scene in the movies is snogging Ginny in The Three Broomsticks (and maybe Dumbledore's Army as well, I forget if he was in that scene).

17 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I don't think Goyle was there, the actor broke his arm and was replaced by Pike for a few scenes in PoA, I think this is one. 

I know Goyle wasn't in that scene, but I'd rather have a Prisoner of Azkaban Goyle figure than the other kid (didn't know his name was Pike, though, thank you!).  Anyway, sorry for complaining so much about the minifigures.  I may warm up to them once I see pictures.  :classic:

23 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Anyway, sorry for complaining so much about the minifigures.  I may warm up to them once I see pictures.  :classic:

Don't apologise! We all have our preferences, I like new characters more than new versions and have a leaning towards the books over the films personally.  What excites me about getting random shopkeepers/students/teachers ahead of more significant characters is that if LEGO is familiar enough to include Professor Sinistra/Mr and Mrs Flume, then they'll be fully aware that we're missing Percy, Bill, Madam Pomfrey, Rita Skeeter, Kreacher, Mundungus etc.

8 minutes ago, Yope said:

Don't apologise! We all have our preferences, I like new characters more than new versions and have a leaning towards the books over the films personally.  What excites me about getting random shopkeepers/students/teachers ahead of more significant characters is that if LEGO is familiar enough to include Professor Sinistra/Mr and Mrs Flume, then they'll be fully aware that we're missing Percy, Bill, Madam Pomfrey, Rita Skeeter, Kreacher, Mundungus etc.

Oh, I definitely prefer the books as well, I just have an absurd obsession with the Prisoner of Azkaban movie :laugh:.

And by the way, Madam Pomfrey is definitely my most wanted minifigure at the moment.  My hospital wing looks very empty without her.  Good news is, she was actually at the Battle of Hogwarts, so we could potentially see her thrown into another set this wave, or most definitely in another CMF.

EDIT: Wow, I majored in English and I used the word "definitely" three times in one post.  :tongue:

Edited by RogueTwo

Just now, RogueTwo said:

And by the way, Madam Pomfrey is definitely my most wanted minifigure at the moment.  My hospital wing looks very empty without her.  Good news is, she was actually at the Battle of Hogwarts, so we could potentially see her thrown into another set this wave, or most definitely in another CMF.

It's probably more likely for her to pop up in a 3rd CMF series as she definitely needs a new hair/hat mold.

1 hour ago, RODDY said:

They did this last year with 4 Privet Drive and Diagon Alley and started mixing sets from earlier in the film chronology to supplement, who says they won’t do it again. 

There are reasons why it isn't likely to happen this year:

1. Five sets for Harry Potter's grand finale, two final movies (every year we got 5 sets for 2 movies if not more)? That's a fine amount, but if we go lower than that, it might feel like it's not enough.

2. Two months before that we'll get 4 sets that are based on previous movies, wouldn't make sense to make it even more.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

1. Five sets for Harry Potter's grand finale, two final movies (every year we got 5 sets for 2 movies if not more)? That's a fine amount, but if we go lower than that, it might feel like it's not enough.

Couldn‘t agree more. Of course I want more, but 5 sets for DH1 & 2 seems fair, considering that‘s the same amount OotP and HBP got last year (if you count DA as a HBP set, which it partially is).

If there ends up being a non-DH set among these 5 after all, I hope the rest are able to make up for it :tongue:

it's interesting that one russian channel said that others unknown sets (expect for set for $250) are releasing in June too. And yeah, in the past he proved that he has sources

Professor Sinistra leaked!

Damn they are even going for random extras now

But I love that we're getting her. Let's hope for the Carrows. I mean, if we get Sinistra, the Carrows must happen at this point

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

Professor Sinistra leaked!

Damn they are even going for random extras now

But I love that we're getting her. Let's hope for the Carrows. I even, if we get Sinistra, the Carrows must happen at this point

you mean minifigure?