Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm happy for a Quidditch pack just for the torsos alone.  But I wish they had given us someone with a darker skin tone than Cho and yet another white skinned male in Zacharias Smith.  It's kind of hard to build an army when they are all white students or Cho.

2 minutes ago, karrit said:

yet another white skinned male in Zacharias Smith

Other than Cho, the only non-white Quidditch players we know are on the Gryffindor team, and they were never not going to include Harry. Zacharias Smith is the only known Hufflepuff player aside from Cedric, and I know which one I would prefer. 

5 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

I've been reading about how Lego has to get rid of moulds after a while (such as the goat), and this year the Thestral will be three years old.

They don't throw moulds away for the sake of it. The goat cannot be used because it's damaged - they discovered it was unusable when they took it out of storage to include in a set.

I don't know if we'll ever see a Thestral again, but if we don't it won't be because Lego chucked out a perfectly good mould. 

8 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

Cloud city is an ok comparison but even then cloud city was a circular city made into a circular playset. What shape is would the ministry of magic be? Also if I remember right cloud city wasn't a massive success (and that was a set people had wanted for a decade and a half unlike the ministry which doesn't have as much demand) and I'm not sure LEGO would repeat it. 

That's actually exactly what I meant, some sort of circular playset, maybe with the revolving room with the many doors in the centre and then the different rooms of rhe ministry placed around it. Although I don't remember whether the revolving doors room was actually in the film

I agree. I really think they could've mixed it up more. My picks would've been: 

Angelina Johnson (Griffindor) Zacharias Smith (Hufflepuff) Roger Davies (Ravenclaw)        Blaise Zabini (Slytherin)

I'd include Angelina Johnson as she does get a moment in the films, when Fred (or George idk) asks her to the ball. Either her or Katie Bell as she also appears in the films a bit.

I really think we've had enough Cho and Cedric figures for a lifetime so I'll have to go with Zacharias Smith and Roger Davies. The latter did also appear in Goblet of Fire, as he went with Fleur to the Yule Ball and he was the quidditch captain.

Then Blaise, who we do actually see is on the quidditch team in Half Blood Prince during the match where Ginny gets a moment of badassary and Ron saves all the goals.

15 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

They don't throw moulds away for the sake of it. The goat cannot be used because it's damaged - they discovered it was unusable when they took it out of storage to include in a set.

I don't know if we'll ever see a Thestral again, but if we don't it won't be because Lego chucked out a perfectly good mould. 

That's a shame because if they do a battle of Hogwarts set we'll never get Aberforth's patronus which is a goat, which they don't show in the film instead it's just a big white/blue wave. At least there's a little moment of Aberforth's goat obsession in the films when Harry, Ron and Hermione first visit the Hogs Head in Order of the Phoenix we see a goat in the pub.

11 minutes ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

That's a shame because if they do a battle of Hogwarts set we'll never get Aberforth's patronus which is a goat, which they don't show in the film instead it's just a big white/blue wave. At least there's a little moment of Aberforth's goat obsession in the films when Harry, Ron and Hermione first visit the Hogs Head in Order of the Phoenix we see a goat in the pub.

There's no reason a goat won't return to Lego in the future. They're just waiting for the right opportunity to bring it back. After all, they could afford to make the mould the first time, so they'll do it again one day. 

2 hours ago, Nick unassembled said:

I personally think the quidditch accessory pack is very exciting. It'll be way easier to complete full quidditch teams now, especially for Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe last years students pack had 3 new prints; the ravenclaw torso (slightly different since the 1st was from a CMF) chos faceprint (double-sided for the 1st time) and of course the open marauders map. So hopefully we can get a few new prints this year, ideally face prints. Either way very exciting to me especially for being so cheap. 

Let's say we get four players with four brooms and the four balls, with wands and perhaps a chest to hold the balls. 

I think a copy of Quidditch Through the Ages is a good shout, harkening back to the 2002 set, as well as new face prints for at least one fig. Perhaps a printed Quaffle piece too, if a newly molded piece doesn't show up in the sets. 

It's also be cool. Of the Bludgers came in Pearl Dark Grey rather than black I think. 

56 minutes ago, karrit said:

I'm happy for a Quidditch pack just for the torsos alone.  But I wish they had given us someone with a darker skin tone than Cho and yet another white skinned male in Zacharias Smith.  It's kind of hard to build an army when they are all white students or Cho.

Luckily the quidditch players wear gloves, so you only need to change their head and hair pieces. 

27 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

There's no reason a goat won't return to Lego in the future. They're just waiting for the right opportunity to bring it back. After all, they could afford to make the mould the first time, so they'll do it again one day. 

The pig, cat, dog, horse, monkey, bear, rat, snake and spider have all had updated molds over the last few years, if Lego Ideas is anything to go by, EVERYONE wants goats :laugh:

7 hours ago, Surge said:

Can you put a spoiler tag? I'm very curious who it is

Phastos from the upcoming Eternals film 

:classic: 

Someone on IG claims that Hooch is included in a new Moments set, sounds fishy to me :sceptic:

9 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

I'd quite like to see the Ministry of Magic, including every location scene in the films - the courtroom, the department of mysteries, Umbridge's office, the atrium, etc.

Potential for a good chunk of minifigures we'll never get anywhere else - you can have dual-sided faces covering the trio while also getting us Runcorn, Reg Cattermole and Mafalda Hopkirk, then add Yaxley, Mary Cattermole, Umbridge, Scrimgeour, etc.

I suggested this a long time ago, however with the "lower your expectations", I think it is something not in minifig-scale like this:

9 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Would be possible a $250 brick built Chess set? Maybe also with 3 minifigures (Harry, Ron, Hermione in their PS Final Challenges Outfits) and a golden minifigure as a plus?

I'm thinking something like 852293 Castle Giant Chess Set or like this old Idea [https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8d10ae8a-dd03-46de-b049-37174f840a62].

I mean possible in term of bricks numbers, price ratio and so on (I admit I'm not so expert in similar analysis :snicker:). 

It sure would make a lot of sense with a chess set in HP and a lot would be disappointed by a D2C one because they hoped for a DA set:

9 hours ago, Prometheus87 said:

Well, it could always be a Diagon Alley Expansion (WITHOUT Gringotts Bank) - like the other side of the street. Still great, and includes other minifigures missing from the Diagon Alley one. 

Could also be Knockturn Alley.

This would be fantastic for me! However not very likely that they give us 2 D2C in 2 years that is basically the same set, and the price would be higher if is should match last years set. I have still hope that they will give us single buildings with a price point around 100$ so it is easier to collect than big D2C :wink:

9 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

What would be on the other side, though? Other than Gringotts and the Leaky Cauldron, what recognisable buildings have we not had? Harry Potter isn't a powerhouse theme enough to sell a £250 set with buildings too obscure for Joe Public to recognise.

This:

9 hours ago, karrit said:

We still need Potage's Cauldron shop, Eyelop's Owl Emporium, Magical Menagerie, Slug & Jigger's Apothecary, Madame Malkin just to name a few of them.

:thumbup:

8 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Can be anywhere from dislike to joy. I personally don't mind the set but don't care to spend $250 on it.

This gives me hope since you prefer not to use a lot of money on a big expensive wave, but prefer a smaller more affordable one :tongue:

6 hours ago, BrickFunatic said:

I've been reading about how Lego has to get rid of moulds after a while (such as the goat), and this year the Thestral will be three years old. I really thought Lego would have utilised that amazing design in some HP sets because I want a fleet of Thestrals. Fingers crossed. :dsweet:

They probably just made a bunch of them for the set and put rest of them in storage if they needed to make more waves of the set. I do not think they have had more than one run or very few at the factory. So it should be no problems with the mould I think, but they must limit the number of parts they have in circulation. It is in several parts of the movies that still have no set, so would not be surprised if they bring it back, maybe even a foal with Luna in the next CMF :grin:

58 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I agree, more common parts worn down the mould, but that takes a lot of use. My theory is that is why they update the old animal moulds, because the mould is worn down so instead of making a similar one they make a new updated one instead :classic:

33 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

It is only a matter of time until they give in for the massive consumer pressure :devil:

#BringBackTheGOAT

35 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Reveal hidden contents

Someone on IG claims that Hooch is included in a new Moments set, sounds fishy to me :sceptic:

Well, there is a set in August that costs 30€ (just like all the other HM sets), and with 264 pieces it fits well within 233-271 piece range of those sets.

That would certainly be surprising and underwhelming at the same time.

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Hide contents

Well I hope it's true because I'd love to get another moments set!

Edited by Legofania

So we are finaly getting august sets descriptions, that is great, give us more :laugh: 

Edited by Textorix

Okay, so we have a confirmed August set. The same guy who leaked those minfigures reposted this piece of information:

76395 (the 30€ August set) is actually named Hogwarts Moments: Flying Class. It includes Madam Hooch and 2 students.

That is certainly what I'd call disappointing.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Well I'm really excited about this. I don't think there is more coming, but I hope in the future we get more Hogwarts Moments lesson sets (Astronomy, Care Of Magical Creatures, DADA)

Edited by Legofania

I'm fine with more Hogwarts Moments sets. I'm more curious though about which two students are included with the Flying Lesson. I wonder if they'll repeat Neville and Draco.

1 minute ago, Legofania said:

Well I'm really excited about this. I don't think there is more coming, but I hope in the future we get more Hogwarts Moments lesson sets (Astronomy, Care Of Magical Creatures, DADA)

I'd say Divination is more likely as we never see Astronomy being taught. 

Neville, Harry and Malfoy are the most prominent students in the Flying lesson, would much rather have a Hufflepuff to complete the crest torso set though. 

1 minute ago, Seaber said:

I'd say Divination is more likely as we never see Astronomy being taught.

Ye, I forgot there was no Astronomy in the movie. But Divination would be a great set for sure!

Well, Remembrall or we riot :tongue: Which would mean Neville’s second appearance in a Moments set, but sacrifices need to be made :shrug_oh_well: It’s not like he would replace a more interesting minifig anyway

I'm interested to see how they're going to tackle that as the Quidditch lessons obviously take place outside whereas the Hogwarts Moments are more based off classrooms and stuff. I guess the hoops could be part of the "fold out" element?

Really hope this means we get a Lupin DADA one. 

Another moments set actually excites me - not least because the large tiles that make the book shape are useful to me, so the more the merrier. I would agree that the likely students are Neville and Malfoy... but then we got Neville and Cedric in the Herbology set, and I don't think they ever even shared a scene together - let alone a class. I'm expecting something like Ginny and Angelina. 

6 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

Really hope this means we get a Lupin DADA one. 

I'd actually much rather get a Lockhart-based DATDA set. 

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

With a Cornish Pixie mould? Sign me up!

4 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Honestly, we could get a whole range of Moments sets on the various DADA teachers. Lockhart and the Pixies, Lupin and the Snape-Boggart, Moody and the spiders, Umbridge and the detentions in her office.

Quidditch actually makes sense as a moments set, the book could be vaguely sky-coloured as a background with the illusion of a Hogwarts skyline built into it... okay, that might be thinking too big! :grin:

But hopefully there's some cool details / stickers that can work as a good flying backdrop. 

Also I bet the two students are Harry and Draco