Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean sure, but it's not like Lego doesn't make brick packs.

True, but they don't usually stick a licensed brand on the box. Though I wouldn't complain if they did release a wand set. Wand colours are useful to have in bulk. 

12 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

True, but they don't usually stick a licensed brand on the box. Though I wouldn't complain if they did release a wand set. Wand colours are useful to have in bulk. 

Yeah I mean it definitely won't happen tho.

3 hours ago, Zepthire said:

Honestly tempting to put this quote as my forum signature. Too relatable... 😂

Permission granted :head_back:

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Honestly, I could definitely see something like "build your wand" happening :laugh_hard:

Stop scaring me :distressed:

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Permission granted :head_back:

Stop scaring me :distressed:

After seeing June sets and hearing about August sets, and then all the recent Marvel leaks... I'm not even sure if I'll buy any of those sets honestly, nothing scares me anymore :ugh:

I feel we went off the deep end here guys :tongue: We were told to lower our expectations, not to nuke them, eating the remains and cremating them (not sure in which order). I think we have lowered them to such a ridiculous degree that basically anything will look good at this point. Which isn't a bad thing per se, but we still need to lighten up a bit :wink:

7 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I feel we went off the deep end here guys :tongue: We were told to lower our expectations, not to nuke them, eating the remains and cremating them (not sure in which order). I think we have lowered them to such a ridiculous degree that basically anything will look good at this point. Which isn't a bad thing per se, but we still need to lighten up a bit :wink:

Right. Back to Gringotts, Bell Towers, and Grimmauld Place? 
There’s gotta be a balance between great and terrible...I just ignore it.

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I mean even if the sets indeed look nice, that doesn't really matter to me as they'll most likely be a second anniversary wave. 

I hate how they changed the whole style.

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I mean even if the sets indeed look nice, that doesn't really matter to me as they'll most likely be a second anniversary wave. 

If you think the sets look nice, why does it being an anniversary wave matter? 

13 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

He said he hated the new style. 

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

He said he hated the new style. 

I get that - but if you hate the new style, would it not follow that you hate what sets in that style look like? 

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They could easily return to the previous style next year, unless the whole design team simultaneously lost their minds :laugh: At least that‘s what I hope, same goes for DH sets. I guess the overall lesson here is as easy to learn as it is to forget: don‘t take anything for granted :shrug_oh_well:

I recall in an interview with the GH 2018 designer. He pushed for grey roofs whilst higher ups pushed for green roofs.

From the Clock Tower to the Astronomy Tower, more green appeared on the roofs. Do you think the anniversary set of the old waves was a way to get back green roofs? Just hope they don't make them all green moving forward.

I've said it before, there is someone high up at Lego who has made inclusion of sand green elements a requirement for all new sets.

17 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

Ugh. Can we please not do this? At least hide things like this behind a spoiler window. Not all of us have seen Cursed Child yet. My family had tickets for us to see it on Broadway before the pandemic, which obviously were cancelled. I’d like to reserve judgement for myself on the quality of the story. It’s obviously not mean to be enjoyed as a book - it’s the script to a theatrical production for God’s sake. Anyway, I know we don’t have many new LEGO leaks to discuss, but I’m sure @Clone OPatra would agree that discussing spoilers from the Cursed Child has no place - even tangentially - on the 2021 LEGO Harry Potter forum. Let’s get back on topic please.

My apologies. I was just excited to jump into the discussion as it coincided with my reading the book at that moment. I apologise if I spoilt anything. Although I was pretty sure that mentioning a characters name and that they have family (as all people do) does not particularly spoil anything. 

You are still more than welcome to judge the quality of the story for yourself. I'm not really sure how saying that I liked it would take away that option from you. But it actually was quite enjoyable as a book and i'm very glad it was released in this format as not everyone has the geographical ability or financial means to experience it as it should be.

As I said, I am sorry if I negatively affected you in anyways, but I do feel that your response didn't warrant such negativity. We are all here to have fun. Unfortunately responses like this completely ruin the fun and can cause serious harm to people who struggle with anxiety and depression problems, so could you please try to be a bit a little more relaxed in some of your responses to keep this a safe place? Thanks. :sweet:

Apologies to everyone, I know this is off topic. Just don't really understand why it so often it seems people have such a hard time being able to talk to each other nicely. Promise I wont say anything further on this.

Edited by chris6507

10 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

I said even if they look nice, and I was talking about August sets.

I don't like most June sets and how they look - Bathroom is kinda okay (could be so much better tho), Fluffy set is awful, Hogsmeade is great (it's not Hogwarts) and CoS is kinda weak.

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

They could easily return to the previous style next year, unless the whole design team simultaneously lost their minds :laugh: At least that‘s what I hope, same goes for DH sets. I guess the overall lesson here is as easy to learn as it is to forget: don‘t take anything for granted :shrug_oh_well:

Oh I hope so, I still have my hand to eat if we don't get DH sets next year, don't I? :laugh_hard:

What I mean to say, if it's a one-year-only type of thing, then this year's sets would look really odd with the rest of the sets - if it's not, then I'll either separate my 2018-2020 sets from those and I'll start buying new ones normally OR I'll stop investing in this theme at all.

10 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Right. Back to Gringotts, Bell Towers, and Grimmauld Place? 
There’s gotta be a balance between great and terrible...I just ignore it.

One of these would be more than enough to make me happy with august sets no matter what the rest would be. 

8 hours ago, karrit said:

I've said it before, there is someone high up at Lego who has made inclusion of sand green elements a requirement for all new sets.

I dont get that obsession with sand green rly. Dark grey is movie accurate and only the tips of some towers had sand green in the movies. But change of the colors is the smallest problem for me. I am really scared that they wont return to 2018-2020 style of sets and we wont be able to finish our Hogwarts layouts because other sets simply will not fit with it. Yes you can always do some heavy modding but I am not a big fan of that because I like to let sets as they are and only do custom enviroment around them.

Edited by Textorix

54 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What I mean to say, if it's a one-year-only type of thing, then this year's sets would look really odd with the rest of the sets - if it's not, then I'll either separate my 2018-2020 sets from those and I'll start buying new ones normally OR I'll stop investing in this theme at all.

Exactly my words. Maybe if its just one wave I can give those anniversary Hogwarts sets separate shelf so they arent mixed with 2018-2020 layout. But if this thing will go on, I am not sure if I will continue with this theme as I dont want my collecton to look chaotic with mixed styles of sets and remakes because I kinda have OCD :laugh:

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

I am really scared that they wont return to 2018-2020 style of sets and we wont be able to finish our Hogwarts layouts because other sets simply will not fit with it. 

I wouldn't worry about this to be honest.  It's very unlikely that any of the changes for the anniversary sets will continue beyond the anniversary year.  LEGO has been gradually filling in the gaps (including this year with new figs, scenes, etc) and they'll be well aware that we haven't had DH sets or a Gringotts yet (personally doubt they'll ever do the Bell Towers as they're basically meaningless - no known interior, repetitive build, very unknown part of the castle).

We're in good hands, this year will almost certainly be a one off and I'm pretty positive about it (except the disappointing builds - Fluffy's corridor especially).  This way we can get a chamber of secrets which wouldn't have been at all compatible with the modular 2018-2020 sets.

33 minutes ago, Yope said:

personally doubt they'll ever do the Bell Towers as they're basically meaningless - no known interior, repetitive build, very unknown part of the castle.

I mean it was as much unknown as Astronomy Tower which was featured only in Half Blood Prince. Speaking of interior, except Great Hall all buidings have kinda random interior which is by no means movie accurate, so they can put basically any rooms into Bell Towers. I believe that Bell Towers were seen mainly in first two movies, specialy CoS where was greenhouses scene. It was also in Prisoner of Azkaban so I would argue that its exterior part had more screen time than Astronomy Tower.

Edited by Textorix

All the upset about the anniversary sets not looking like the current sets, if only there was some way a Lego set could be modified to suit the end user’s ideal. 

1 minute ago, RedHoodPug said:

All the upset about the anniversary sets not looking like the current sets, if only there was some way a Lego set could be modified to suit the end user’s ideal. 

The ability to change a product to your liking doesn't excuse poor design.

10 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Swapping roof colours doesnt fix their weak and inaccurate build design...

Edited by Textorix

9 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I mean it was as much unknown as Astronomy Tower which was featured only in Half Blood Prince. Speaking of interior, except Great Hall all buidings have kinda random interior which is by no means movie accurate, so they can put basically any rooms into Bell Towers. I believe that Bell Towers were seen mainly in first two movies, specialy CoS where was greenhouses scene. It was also in Prisoner of Azkaban so I would argue that its exterior part had more screen time than Astronomy Tower.

I mean the bell towers are featured in passing shots maybe.  But they are forgettable in design, feature in no scenes, never mentioned in the books, change in appearance after the first two(?) films.  The greenhouses are far more interesting and we've already had that.

The astronomy tower features just about the most iconic scene in any of the films, has a very iconic design, loads of interior shots and some exterior shots focussed on the tower, plus it is mentioned plenty in the books.  I agree that any interiors can be included and perhaps the bell towers could serve as a necessary exterior, I just don't expect it would be very interesting to look at/build and certainly not recognised by your casual HP fans.

30 minutes ago, Textorix said:

The AT was also in DHII. Any quite a lot of rooms do have specific places they are located in the castle, which all the 2018+ LEGO sets have ignored at least once per set. Not that it really matters, as you say you could put any rooms you liked in the Bell Towers/Central Tower/North Tower and so on and the sets could still be great. 

10 minutes ago, Yope said:

I mean the bell towers are featured in passing shots maybe.  But they are forgettable in design, feature in no scenes, never mentioned in the books, change in appearance after the first two(?) films.  The greenhouses are far more interesting and we've already had that.

To be fair the Clock Tower doesn't appear in the books either, but there is a mention of a school bell. And lots of parts of the Castle change somewhat through the films, so the fact their turret changes isn't a big problem. In fact, they are one of the more constant parts of the castle through all eight films.