Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Is it true that the designer of the Bugle wanted to put one of the Fantastic Four in there?

That would have been awesome if they had been able to do it...

Edited by jonwil

45 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Is it true that the designer of the Bugle wanted to put one of the Fantastic Four in there?

I'm assuming they had to hold off on the Fantastic Four until they show up in the MCU (which will probably be around 2023-2024).  After that happens, hopefully we'll get a D2C Baxter Building to display next to the Bugle.

5 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm assuming they had to hold off on the Fantastic Four until they show up in the MCU (which will probably be around 2023-2024).  After that happens, hopefully we'll get a D2C Baxter Building to display next to the Bugle.

Someday, we will get the Bombastic Bag-Man. I’m sure of it. 

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

He wanted to add Johnny Storm. That would’ve been cool because Peter and Johnny are really good friends but I think Firestar was a great, obscure choice.

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Someday, we will get the Bombastic Bag-Man. I’m sure of it. 

There is an easter egg of him in the spidey hidey hole

2 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

That doesn't make sense, why wouldn't they have to wait for Blade too?

25 minutes ago, ood0 said:

That doesn't make sense, why wouldn't they have to wait for Blade too?

The designer said that it was because 1) he didn't know the movie was coming out 2) he said he thinks Marvel thought it wouldn't interfere with movie merchandise because its release date is farther out than the set's release date and there shouldn't be much overlap. I'm paraphrasing here from what I remember.

I was saying this the other day. I have a feeling Lego waits to introduce characters in movie sets first and any other new characters they release have either appeared in tv shows or video games and have no movie plans in the future. I'm pretty sure they do it so people are familiar with the characters first. So, a character like Anya Corazon can appear because she appeared in Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon and has no movie plans in the short-term. Same with the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider, he appeared in Agents of SHIELD. Spider-Ham recently appeared in a major movie so people are familiar with him now. Spidey Noir and Gwen were released around the time of that movie so consumers were familiar enough with them. She-Hulk and Blade seem to be the most recent exceptions to the "movie first" rule. But She-Hulk was *probably* before Marvel had concrete plans ready for her. She did appear in Hulk and the Agents of SMASH prior to the set though.

On 5/19/2021 at 10:59 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

In fact, this set is so good it might be the most expensive lego set I've ever purchased if I do pull the trigger on it. I've got a job interview tomorrow, I think if it goes well and they hire me I'll get the set. (I should clarify I'm in the late teens, not an unemployed grown man dropping $300 on lego) :laugh:

Lmaoo good luck on that interview man, you'll crush it. See if they can pay you in Bugles (plus overtime in Firestars, Punishers, and Daredevils). :laugh:

After having seen again the leaked conccept art of Sakaar iron man, I honestly could see it happening:

1. it's Iron Man, and hulkbusters are easy to make & sell

2. as someone already said here earlier, the Steve Rogers IM armor is very militaristic and might have to introduce quite a few repaints of parts in sand/olive/dark green + maybe produce a ww2 Hydra Nazi figure

3. it would be easy for the designers to replace a lot of sections of this hulkbuster with random coloured parts (because that's honestly what it looks like to me)

The only thing we don't know is who he would be faced against. I consider it a miracle if it does happen and they bring out again the Ragnarok Hulk figure just for this set.

New advent calendar info from stu._d: 
- There's a 1x1 round tile included with Tony's arc reactor on it to represent Peppers "proof that Tony Stark has a heart" gift. 
- Thanos has an unprinted golden gauntlet but the bigfig Gauntlet is also included with all Infinity Stones.

Edited by lego_guyon02

3 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

After having seen again the leaked conccept art of Sakaar iron man [...]

I gave a look too, and I have a question. Does it look for you the person inside the suit is Tony? Because I can't help but think it looks like 

Spoiler

Doctor Strange to me. But that would mean this is not the Sakaar Iron Man... I'm talking about the Red Hulkbuster with blue and yellow parts. 

Or am I looking into the wrong concept art?

38 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

[...] but the bigfig Gauntlet is also included with all Infinity Stones.

Now, that's really interesting!

12 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

What is slightly frustrating is that, when that happens, we'll get MCU versions, but most likely not comic book variants.

The advent calendar sounds like an Infinity Saga set so I hope that info about the figures being 2020 is false

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

New advent calendar info from stu._d: 
- There's a 1x1 round tile included with Tony's arc reactor on it to represent Peppers "proof that Tony Stark has a heart" gift. 
- Thanos has an unprinted golden gauntlet but the bigfig Gauntlet is also included with all Infinity Stones.

Who knew the best xmas present one could receive is the infinity gauntlet with all stones...This might be the first advent calendar I buy in 10 years!

1 hour ago, PRbrickbuilder said:

I gave a look too, and I have a question. Does it look for you the person inside the suit is Tony? Because I can't help but think it looks like 

Reveal hidden contents

Doctor Strange to me. But that would mean this is not the Sakaar Iron Man... I'm talking about the Red Hulkbuster with blue and yellow parts. 

Or am I looking into the wrong concept art?

Now, that's really interesting!

pretty sure there's only 2 pics of that, and it looks like a hulkbuster with sections replaced with colourful mech parts.

and tbh 

Spoiler

that looked more like Banner to me, but it could just be Tony with an unkempt beard.

I'm really happy when the infinity gauntlet with all the stones is really included. I was about to buy the missing stones on bricklink :)

jdbrickstudios managed to get the final battle, monger and benatar early and has pictures on his instagram story 

The Bugle’s page is up on Lego.com. Did it not get a reveal on insta?

Edited by Thwip

8 minutes ago, Thwip said:

The Bugle’s page is up on Lego.com. Did it not get a reveal on insta?

Not sure about LEGO's socials but the S@H page has been up since the set got revealed last monday.

10 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They could have used that head for watcher

Definitely, but ya know, we also needed to have the same peggy fig in the cmf from a set that releases same day as the series, at 12 figs, there just wasn't any room

1 minute ago, hvader said:

2021 Thanos with 2019 Thanos arms looks perfect

Has someone posted it yet?