Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Wow, the Carnage Helmet is arguably the best-looking one so far. But a PPP of 20.3 seems a bit too steep, even if it does have some special/rare parts!

Edit: Looks like it has 546 parts instead of 349 so that makes it much better value, even though it is still less than satisfactory.

Edited by JintaiZ

The details of the advent calendar are very good! The yellow jacket spidey sounds like a perfect fit, and these days I was wondering why there were never a Helicarrier polybag like the quinjet and milano ones, but now there will be a microbuild of it!

Edited by PRbrickbuilder
English

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Watch the Sanctuary II set look something like the Funko Collector Corps one

I thought that too! With thanos sitting inside it like a go-kart

Edited by BusterNut31
inside/on top

Am I the only one that doesn’t like the Carnage bust?

It looks like a weird Iron Man helmet, not an actual head, like Carnage should be.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm throwing out possibilities, sorry just a wild guess.

*grabs chest

DONT DO THAT TO ME!!! 

24 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Missing Korg makes me think that there are still set/s incoming. If you think about it half of the core Avengers is still missing. They cannot do that specially with Ronin, they decided to remake the sets but excluded him? I doubt. 

Ronin, Black Widow, Hulk and Iron Patriot, Spidey, Strange, Korg & Miek, hell even Wasp.

Ronin, Korg, IP, and Miek (she'd be a whole new mould on her own, kinda like the SW droids) seem like characters that would benefit from the budget of being in a CMF for extra details, and we have to remember these are Infinity Saga sets, not just Endgame so I'm not expecting the entire cast (Wasp is just her AMATW design).

Let me be clear that I'm not trying to refute anything you or any of the leakers say, and I'm actually grateful that all is info is coming out, but design processes can be full of challenges and budgeting constraints and things may not always go as expected, and the time between leaks and releases is a long gap where anything could happen. It would just seem weird to me that new set numbers keep showing up just like the Sanctuary set.

I will however agree on the fact that there are enough missing figs that could show up in another battle set - one I'm especially thinking about is Valkyrie in her battle suit + pegasus.

1 minute ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t like the Carnage bust?

It looks like a weird Iron Man helmet, not an actual head, like Carnage should be.

Definitely not, as busts aren't really for everyone.

This is honestly the first bust I really like.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

WALLETS ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!

We gotta let LEGO know that we want more sets like this!

im sooooooo on this. 

multiples for dragon fly and endgame final battle

1 hour ago, hvader said:

Watch the Sanctuary II set look something like the Funko Collector Corps one

Given the price point, it will probably be like that. The ship will look more like a fighter than a large vessel, in terms of size. But it will still be a cool looking ship, with lots of gold pieces!

Is anyone else kind of worried that the compound in the Endgame set is going to be terrible? Even if they sacrifice the garage, it’s still only going to be like 300 pieces or so. I suppose that it may have big pieces, but it probably won’t look great. That being said, maybe it could be modified to combine with the 2019 set?

It'd be neat if the Sanctuary ship set came with mini versions of the Q-ships (printed 2x2 donut tiles?) and the Outrider dropships, and even had a dropping function like the SW Gozanti-class ship.

If it comes with IM Mk85 and Cap Marvel with her 2020 helmet piece that'd be enough for me to buy it.

1 minute ago, admiral_typhoon said:

It'd be neat if the Sanctuary ship set came with mini versions of the Q-ships (printed 2x2 donut tiles?) and the Outrider dropships, and even had a dropping function like the SW Gozanti-class ship.

If it comes with IM Mk85 and Cap Marvel with her 2020 helmet piece that'd be enough for me to buy it.

No helmet please, no. 

@admiral_typhoon - I perfectly understand your sentiments and good point on Valkryie I still believe there's  more coming. 

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

Are they? Aside from the Endgame battle and the one with Chris Pratt, they seem like a lacklustre selection. A 4+ set, a set based on the really boring fight between giant robots from the first film? What's the attraction with those sets?

Far more appeal for me than a twenty year old movie with kids pointing ticks at each other and yelling out Latin phrases. Really looking forward to this wave, and the D2C. There are markets for these, and what is lackluster to one is a dream come true to another.

Edited by ApocSlay

4 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Is anyone else kind of worried that the compound in the Endgame set is going to be terrible? Even if they sacrifice the garage, it’s still only going to be like 300 pieces or so. I suppose that it may have big pieces, but it probably won’t look great. That being said, maybe it could be modified to combine with the 2019 set?

Honestly, this is the first time in a while where I don’t really care about the builds much at all. I’m happy to get the van though, so even if the compound isn’t very good, there’s the van and the figures, so I’ll be fine with it.

6 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

I have this in my mind the moment I saw the information but for what it's worth the minifigure selection alone is a reason to buy this set. Bonus the Van! 

Just now, NetherCreeper said:

Honestly, this is the first time in a while where I don’t really care about the builds much at all. I’m happy to get the van though, so even if the compound isn’t very good, there’s the van and the figures, so I’ll be fine with it.

Same feeling.

2 hours ago, YetiZombie said:

It has to be Drax, right? If it's a display piece and not a playset, LEGO wouldn't feel obligated to include a random enemy figure

Yes true, will that one single henchman just fly outside the benatar on his own? Usually enemy cannon fodder comes in pairs.

like Endgame war machine buster

hall of armours in 2019

captain americas big bike from endgame

the ultimate quinjet

infinity war drop ship

ALL HAD BAD GUYS IN PAIRS

Edited by BusterNut31

@SpiderJazz and @NetherCreeper, you are definitely right, but for me the Van is the main attraction and the figs are a bonus. I was just concerned about getting a weird set. 
On another note, will we finally get all the infinity (infinitude) gems in one set? That gimmick drove me crazy...I still don’t have the mind stone, which I suppose is fitting, given it’s the last one he collects.

While it’s super nice to get the Endgame final battle as a set, I’m baffled as to why they didn’t make a large, brick-built Leviathan and a Giant Man to fight him as the centerpiece to the set, instead of including yet another small section of the Compound I doubt anyone was really clamoring to get. @CM4Sci did an excellent mock set of this exact concept, and now I’m really wishing they went that route instead...

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

@SpiderJazz and @NetherCreeper, you are definitely right, but for me the Van is the main attraction and the figs are a bonus. I was just concerned about getting a weird set. 
On another note, will we finally get all the infinity (infinitude) gems in one set? That gimmick drove me crazy...I still don’t have the mind stone, which I suppose is fitting, given it’s the last one he collects.

I doubt, in the final battle they're looking for it coz it was used by the hulk, I'm seeing it not being included or with Ironman's hand probably a new mold? That way you still search and complete the stones for that previous Avengers compound trash set with Nano Gauntlet.

1 hour ago, Brickroll said:

I’m not sure what you mean... like we’re getting way too hyped for something we haven’t seen?

I think he means getting more love and attention the second time round.

I'm almost wondering if Korg and Drax vs. Cull Obsidian will be an extra set.  We already know Korg won't be in the CMF series, so there must be something we don't know about, and Drax's apparent absence from the Benatar seems really odd if he's not showing up elsewhere.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

I'm sorry but we don't need negative vibes in here, atleast you said it yourself in your opinion there is something that you like or in a way good in your opinion.

Most of us waited for this sets to be released, we thought it's never coming but here we are, it's a celebration for almost everyone, if you are not a fan then we respect it, but just don't start negativity in this thread.

haha to be fair she is excited for the endgame battle set and the benatar ship. The other sets for a buyer not into smaller marvel sets would only see the same sets we usually get for mcu movies.

Lets wait till we get HD set pics. Im sure the 'Gaint Robots' won't look that bad.

2 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I'm almost wondering if Korg and Drax vs. Cull Obsidian will be an extra set.  We already know Korg won't be in the CMF series, so there must be something we don't know about, and Drax's apparent absence from the Benatar seems really odd if he's not showing up elsewhere.

This is a scene in Endgame right? Argh but where does Ronin and Patriot fit in all of this. 

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

I didn't realise that you weren't allowed to comment on sets unless you were head-over-heels in love with all of them. I'm not coming here to spread "negative vibes" - I'm here to express my opinion on the sets that have been recently announced, just like everyone else is.

And you did @Alexandrina for sure! Your opinion is welcome here! I think people are just excited about news we have been waiting for years. It might seem like lack luster set descriptions but its a step in the right direction for LEGO.

I agree with you about the endgame final battle and benatar (Chris Pratt) ship. So happy we are getting a new Scarlet Witch!

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

This is a scene in Endgame right? Argh but where does Ronin and Patriot fit in all of this. 

Underground compound? It would be a good place to fit a couple of outriders, Patriot, Ronin, and maybe Giant Man or Hulk.