Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

If the Korg head piece is for the D2C, I can see it being an Asgard set. The helicarrier has been seen in two movies and it was made to a D2C set. Asgard has appeared more times than that and it is a staple MCU landmark. I agree it has not been seen recently in a film but the D2C set doesn't necessarily have to be based on one movie. It could even have characters from several movies. Frost giants, heimdall, odin, dark elves, a different version of thor. It would be a great location based set too since there could be sections such as the treasure room with a destroyer, throne room, a room with an infected jane foster, and a bridge with a ship from Ragnarok where everyone escapes. Heck, if i am wishful, a large Surtur would be icing on the cake.

BUT... Lego marvel rarely aligns with our dreams so this is wishful thinking. My point I wanted to make is that an Asgard set would have much more potential than an Endgame avengers compound or final battle set which i can only see being like a UCS hoth.

All that, IF Korg is in fact part of the D2C. Could just be a very early leak. Who knows, but this is exciting!

People seem to be forgetting that while a leak 4 months before release is rare, it has happened before. I wouldn't rule anything out.

14 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

BUT... Lego marvel rarely aligns with our dreams so this is wishful thinking. My point I wanted to make is that an Asgard set would have much more potential than an Endgame avengers compound or final battle set which i can only see being like a UCS hoth.

Asgard would be cool but personally I want a proper Endgame set so much more. Also (I could be very wrong) given how much Avengers LEGO is doing it just makes sense for the D2C to be based on Avengers. 

9 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

People seem to be forgetting that while a leak 4 months before release is rare, it has happened before. I wouldn't rule anything out.

Wouldn’t say no to a summer MCU wave either

By the way, Marvelousnews just confirmed with a Diamond Select employee that the WandaVision minimates leak is fake. Here’s the link to that article (obviously potential spoilers if you don’t want to know anything related to the show) https://marvelousnews.com/286-28117

Edited by hvader

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Anyway, the build is not what matters in this set, and not even the minfigures - it's the fact that we'd be getting a set based on the scene that culminates The Infinity Saga, 11 years and 23 movies of MCU.

No, I'm pretty sure that its the build and minifigures what matters

8 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

No, I'm pretty sure that its the build and minifigures what matters

Not in this case.

I'm not saying that they don't matter, but they would have to REALLY mess this set up for people not to like. It's almost impossible.

17 minutes ago, hvader said:

By the way, Marvelousnews just confirmed with a Diamond Select employee that the WandaVision minimates leak is fake. Here’s the link to that article (obviously potential spoilers if you don’t want to know anything related to the show) https://marvelousnews.com/286-28117

Ah, thanks for clearing that up!

16 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

🔥 £9 Korg-Mech! 🔥

The D2C will actually be a group of 30 mechs, with 25 returning characters and 5 new figures.

4 hours ago, Surge said:

korgs headpiece leaked, looks pretty good but I'm not so sure how I feel about him being a minifgure, as far as I remember he is very close in size to hulk

where? I can't find.

I find lots of random stuff there, that's just other people's content that they want more views on.

I'm very heavily leaning to a February 17th reveal of the D2C for a March release at this point, similar to the Hulkbuster: Ultron Edition, especially if Korg is a part of the D2C. Would make sense to get a leak a month or so prior :shrug_oh_well:

I can easily see them doing a Rexcelsior style build for the Statesman - which is why personally I do not want it to be the D2C. It's general design is very box-like despite the fins. I'd prefer the much more intriguing design of the Sanctuary II, perhaps with a microscale version of the Statesman for scale. Figures along the lines of Thanos, Thor with his one eye, Korg, Valkyrie, etc... With that said, we saw very little of the interior of the Sanctuary II. As such I cannot see it being more than a display model if we were to get it. The Statesman would make more sense for playability purposes as I can picture opening up segments such as a command deck.

I'm still keeping expectations low, it makes more sense that this D2C would be Avengers Tower and this is just a very early leak from the production line of what was going to be the Thor Love & Thunder sets we would have gotten in October (Movie was originally scheduled for November 2021) Maybe we'll be lucky and it's a legacy Avengers wave, but we'll see...

Korg could appear in Shang chi sets; considering the film is going to be heavily fighting based and a tournament is likely, its not the most unlikely thing. Especially since korg didn't go with Thor and the guardians after endgame and that he was a fighter in sakaar

18 minutes ago, Stock223 said:

Korg could appear in Shang chi sets; considering the film is going to be heavily fighting based and a tournament is likely, its not the most unlikely thing. Especially since korg didn't go with Thor and the guardians after endgame and that he was a fighter in sakaar

“No no, he’s got a point.”

Thats not the craziest idea I have heard today. Very unlikely, but not impossible.

Been offline most of the day, so I just saw the Korg headgear, and had to catch up here. The moment I saw it, I had to settle for my self it wasn't a Nexo Knights reuse. It looks like it could fit in with the rock creature aesthetic, if it were purple.

If Korg is in the D2C, I would hope it would be a non-minifig scale Sakaar build, with figs on a display stand, particularly if we could get the Man Thing statue face at close to minifig scale. Korg isn't really an interest of mine, so I probably wouldn't even shell out for a parted out resale. If he isn't in the D2C, but in a regular set, I might get him for his mostly fantasy design.

So much news yet so little at the same time. The mold is a bit too large for me it seems to go on to a mini figure body I was hoping it’d be used on a big figure. And the proportions for the head aren’t doing it for me. It reminds me of the new Ghost Rider figure in the sense that it captures the essence of the character while still looking off and I disagree with the design choice overall. Whatever I don’t really care for the character in general.

Is it possible the Thor movie being pushed back led this figure to leak when its supposed to be part of a wave that was pushed back? If the new Thor movie was pushed back a year maybe this is a production leak for a figure that is also no longer on this years release schedule. Kinda hoping this doesn’t release in one of those mystery avengers sets cause that would mean its MCU based and not comic based, and all I really want are comic designs of my favorite heroes. 

15 minutes ago, cosmic said:

So much news yet so little at the same time. The mold is a bit too large for me it seems to go on to a mini figure body I was hoping it’d be used on a big figure. And the proportions for the head aren’t doing it for me. It reminds me of the new Ghost Rider figure in the sense that it captures the essence of the character while still looking off and I disagree with the design choice overall. Whatever I don’t really care for the character in general.

Is it possible the Thor movie being pushed back led this figure to leak when its supposed to be part of a wave that was pushed back? If the new Thor movie was pushed back a year maybe this is a production leak for a figure that is also no longer on this years release schedule. Kinda hoping this doesn’t release in one of those mystery avengers sets cause that would mean its MCU based and not comic based, and all I really want are comic designs of my favorite heroes. 

No it’s not based on thor love and thunder stuff

2 hours ago, Stock223 said:

This! 

I remember reading from the spoiler sub that.

There's gonna be a tournament in Shang Chi movie that will have lots of participant from different parts of MCU. Winners gets a hold of all the Ten Rings, and Shang Chi will be used by his Father (Mandarin) in defeating all of the contestants. I even remember reading that there's gonna be mutants in the contest.

This is very plausible. And I'm leaning towards to this rather than crazy D2C stuff.

6 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Plot twist: the headpiece isnt for Korg

Its actually for the Thing from Fantastic Four (2015). It's just a prototype colour :laugh:

I think we should dub February 3, 2021 Korggate, the day this forum exploded over a leaked headpiece. :roflmao:

I have a hunch that within a month we will probably have our answer about the D2C. I still think an Endgame one is likely, but I have to say it's probably wishful thinking.

It's been fun circulating ideas, and this is certainly the most active we've been on here for a while.

I had to come back here to talk about the Korg piece! I didn’t think we’d be getting a figure of him out of nowhere now. I think it makes sense to be from the D2C, but I can’t see the Statesman being made (especially not at $350) and while I really want it to be the Sanctuary II I think it would be a hard shape to capture in LEGO, we haven’t really seen the interior as someone else pointed out, and again $350 seems a bit big for a ship like that. I also doubt the D2C is Avengers Tower because we just got one (although I’d love a giant one). I guess it could be a proper Avengers HQ, but once again $350 for a location build like that seems insanely high. I really don’t know where else Korg could show up though. I like the Shang-Chi theory but until we find out what the D2C is I’m not ruling anything out. Hopefully we get more info soon!