Jim

Technic General Discussion

How small "independent" rear wheel driven suspenssion can be build with "classic" technic parts ? Those up to 1999?

You should be able to use the control arms from 8858 along with some u-joints to make driven, independent suspension.

8858steeringsmall.jpg

Blakbird you read my mind :) as I was thinking how to modify the rear suspension of this set 8858 :)

What's up people? I'm relatively new here and discovered this thread only today as it bubbled up.

May I suggest pinning this as it should be handy for quick little posts.

Also it may be good to include 2 other locked pinned threads,

1- general rules of Technic forum, what is expected from members and what the culture here is used to.

2- Noob guide to LEGO Technic.Includes also the very well known stuff by the experience.

Having these pinned up are very helpful for new people and for arranging and accumulating knowledge.

I hope this or some of it makes sense.

rotate the old beam with 90° (so it's vertical). I don't think you can fit them otherwise with straight studs-up build.

Bingo. The plates with holes are great for this, so you can keep the studs facing in the same direction.

What's up people? I'm relatively new here and discovered this thread only today as it bubbled up.

May I suggest pinning this as it should be handy for quick little posts.

Also it may be good to include 2 other locked pinned threads,

1- general rules of Technic forum, what is expected from members and what the culture here is used to.

2- Noob guide to LEGO Technic.Includes also the very well known stuff by the experience.

Having these pinned up are very helpful for new people and for arranging and accumulating knowledge.

I hope this or some of it makes sense.

We have a pinned index, which pretty much contains all the useful topics :wink:

Most of the subforums have an index with the most important information.

Rules are indeed the same for each section/subforum of the site, so they are described in the site guidelines (link in my footer).

We have a pinned index, which pretty much contains all the useful topics :wink:

Most of the subforums have an index with the most important information.

Rules are indeed the same for each section/subforum of the site, so they are described in the site guidelines (link in my footer).

Thank you, I went to the main page and read all the good to knows, and also bookmarked the FAQ which is really rich.

but in the pinned index I only see the contest, the great MOCs, and the 2016. Where are any collection of valuable tutorials that deserve keeping very accessible?

And what about pinning this thread?

Thank you, I went to the main page and read all the good to knows, and also bookmarked the FAQ which is really rich.

but in the pinned index I only see the contest, the great MOCs, and the 2016. Where are any collection of valuable tutorials that deserve keeping very accessible?

And what about pinning this thread?

The tutorials should be in the Index, but I must confess that there's not a lot of maintenance on tutorials.

We try to limit the number of pinned topics. That's the reason the topics in the index don't get pinned too. I know it would be better to have some topics easily accessible, but the Index is the best we can do. If you get used to using the index, you'll notice that you don't need more pinned topics.

The tutorials should be in the Index, but I must confess that there's not a lot of maintenance on tutorials.

We try to limit the number of pinned topics. That's the reason the topics in the index don't get pinned too. I know it would be better to have some topics easily accessible, but the Index is the best we can do. If you get used to using the index, you'll notice that you don't need more pinned topics.

mmm sounds very logical. Thanks

Might as well ask it here...

Jim, any chance you still will review the Crawler Crane?

Might as well ask it here...

Jim, any chance you still will review the Crawler Crane?

Actually, there will probably be a review online in the near future. Most likely written by another EB member. I will let you know, when I know more.

Has anyone had the problem where the servo from the 42030 turns extremely slowly to the left when used with a v2 receiver but fine with a v1?

Actually, there will probably be a review online in the near future. Most likely written by another EB member. I will let you know, when I know more.

Thank you!

Or a pneumatic one...with 2 to 3 stages like a trucks multi stage hoist.

Edited by jono.rocky

I think that would have to be pneumatic...maybe I wrong but it only makes sense to me, because I can't think of any other ways to do that mechanically

You could probably have one made like a linear actuator, but with additional screw out sections inside. Basically, as each section screwed out, it would come to a stop, and then unscrew the next section. You could probably have Efferman make a 3D printed one, that would be easy. Less likely would be a 3D printed pneumatic one, that might have problems. Thing is, such a part is rather limited in terms of what it could be used for. And, for that reason, I don't see Lego doing it.

You could do it with any actuator (pneumatic or mechanical) plus some string - same idea as the old multi-stage crane booms (8421/42009) before the newer travelling ram style units.

Jennifer Clark I think described it in

http://www.genuinemodels.com/ideas.htm#Boom

you should be able to make it smaller since you don't need bending performance like a crane boom.

multi-stage telescoping forklifts with only one cylinder could also be used for inspiration.

You could do it with any actuator (pneumatic or mechanical) plus some string - same idea as the old multi-stage crane booms (8421/42009) before the newer travelling ram style units.

Jennifer Clark I think described it in

http://www.genuinemo.../ideas.htm#Boom

you should be able to make it smaller since you don't need bending performance like a crane boom.

multi-stage telescoping forklifts with only one cylinder could also be used for inspiration.

I think he's talking something LA sized

Indeed, although one could theoretically make one using the new parts from 42043. But, I am actually seriously contemplating building one myself.