@PybricksGot the copy pasting working, but now get an error when i want to install the software with code to the hub!

iFAp8G8.png

Edited by Polarlicht

On 6/11/2022 at 1:06 PM, BrickWild said:

Started building mine but I have a question;
The motors make a humming noise and there's a slight pause during the testing phase of each part of my Caterpillar D11 - Is this normal or is there something locking up?

I'm in doubt...

I didn't get the humming or beeping noises when calibrating mine while building. Everything works fine afterwards.
There was definitely a pause or two during calibration though, and if i calibrate now it often seems to get stuck midway through. I usually cancel it (close the app) and start over.

@Polarlicht: Indentation is the spacing to the left of each line. It sounds like copy-pasting didn't go quite right, but it's hard to tell from that screenshot :)

You'll want to make sure that your code looks the same as where you copied it from. Perhaps you can try this version: https://pybricks.com/projects/sets/technic/42131-cat-bulldozer/powered-up-remote/

There's a "copy" button just above the code as well.

3 hours ago, Pybricks said:

@Polarlicht: Indentation is the spacing to the left of each line. It sounds like copy-pasting didn't go quite right, but it's hard to tell from that screenshot :)

You'll want to make sure that your code looks the same as where you copied it from. Perhaps you can try this version: https://pybricks.com/projects/sets/technic/42131-cat-bulldozer/powered-up-remote/

There's a "copy" button just above the code as well.

I know i use the copy button. From line 26 everything starts to shift right. Don't know if thats the problem nor how to fix that.

Also, i always get this white box, where the keypad pops up when i want to write, which covers up half my screen

Can you give me a link to an already filled in "code" site with the 42131 code?

that way i can just open it and it should work better, than copy it myself!

mXNlxPf.png

I tried with the Volvo 42114 and it worked fine, because i had a link to an already filled in code site!

Edited by Polarlicht

3 hours ago, 1gor said:

@Polarlicht I teach development at my work and we face lots of time intendation error so to check if there are some errors we use following online interpreter to find errors like that one and then paste them to editor to make proper py file. 

https://www.programiz.com/python-programming/online-compiler/ 

I copied the CAT code in and it says: 

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pybricks'

Now what🤔

Edited by Polarlicht

You can drag down the separator in the middle to increase the code canvas size. (Tap then drag down, may need to try a few times.)

But our app isn't really intended for mobile use. You may want to consider getting a bluetooth dongle for your PC for a few euros/dollars. Any modern Bluetooth dongle (with Bluetooth Low Energy) should work.

Don't know if thats the problem nor how to fix that.

You'll need to make sure that the code looks the same as the original. Perhaps keep the website open on your PC to compare.

37 minutes ago, Pybricks said:

You can drag down the separator in the middle to increase the code canvas size. (Tap then drag down, may need to try a few times.)

But our app isn't really intended for mobile use. You may want to consider getting a bluetooth dongle for your PC for a few euros/dollars. Any modern Bluetooth dongle (with Bluetooth Low Energy) should work.

Don't know if thats the problem nor how to fix that.

You'll need to make sure that the code looks the same as the original. Perhaps keep the website open on your PC to compare.

Is there a way for someone to make a link to an already filled in code site?

An alternative to that could be an "upload" button in Pybricks, which the user could use to directly import a .py file into the hub (with an "install with firmware" option).

Not sure about the security aspect of dealing with unknown code without letting the user see it, though.

I figured it out now. I had to delete every unnecesary spacing from the code, while taking the desktop/pc version as reference. Took forever on my phone, but now it's uploadingn onto the hub.

Now i can't yet try it out. Waiting on two new City passenger train sets, which have the remotes in it. They are delayed from Lego.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks for help guys!

Edited by Polarlicht

7 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

I figured it out now. I had to delete every unnecesary spacing from the code, while taking the desktop/pc version as reference. Took forever on my phone, but now it's uploadingn onto the hub.

Now i can't yet try it out. Waiting on two new City passenger train sets, which have the remotes in it. They are delayed from Lego.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks for help guys!

One more hint; try to delete empty rows between comments and commands (sometimes there are some special symbols on some keyboard layouts that are only visible when the same key is pressed twice...and you have error in your code :wacko:)

Pybricks + Iphone: Works also, tested with Bluefy Web BLE Browser (with BLE interface) and CAT Bulldozer

I'd like to join this conversation as it looks really interesting but I have absolutely no idea what you're all talking about :ugh:

Edited by grum64

2 hours ago, grum64 said:

I'd like to join this conversation as it looks really interesting but I have absolutely no idea what you're all talking about :ugh:

Don't cause headache yourself; it's just software crap talking :laugh:

6 hours ago, grum64 said:

See here, Pybricks Firmware for Lego Hub, direct control with Lego 88010 RC + Firmware Tutorial 

Edited by Al Ex

7 hours ago, grum64 said:

Me neither, but i figured it out. All explained on the website 🤷🏼‍♂️😉

On 6/14/2022 at 12:49 PM, AVCampos said:

An alternative to that could be an "upload" button in Pybricks, which the user could use to directly import a .py file into the hub (with an "install with firmware" option).

Not sure about the security aspect of dealing with unknown code without letting the user see it, though.

This is already available. You can use the upload button to upload a script.

We're working hard to make it easier to work with files. If you're curious, check out the beta release and see for yourself: https://beta.pybricks.com/

Is there a way for someone to make a link to an already filled in code site?

This is a great idea. If you post the suggestion here, there's a chance we'll make it work :)

Somebody have the problem with the 5x7 frames bending, near the battery box, from the weight of the set?

On 6/15/2022 at 10:15 PM, Polarlicht said:

Me neither, but i figured it out. All explained on the website 🤷🏼‍♂️😉

I’ll have to take a look when I get some quiet time and can take it in.

15 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

Somebody have the problem with the 5x7 frames bending, near the battery box, from the weight of the set?

I do

I've finally solved the last problem with my PF mods. For some reasons I still don't really understand, with the PF mod, the model can move forward with reasonable speeds, but really struggles when moving backwards. I figured the problem is inadequate torque, and after a series of attempts, I finally found the way to gear down the motor. The ratio of the new design is (12/20)^2*(16/20)^3, or 0.18:1. The model can move backwards on both tracks now, but still slightly struggle when moves backward on one track. However, I think the most recent setup is the most optimal within the space constraints already. Updated instruction is coming soon.

On 6/25/2022 at 1:38 PM, Polarlicht said:

I have checked mine which has been in parking position for about 6 months:

921_wr220709_141703k.jpg

The 5x7 frames that connect to the tracks are sagging. It's about 1 mm between the grey frame and the black 16L beam. This only occurs at the front. Perhaps because a second support cannot be installed because of the battery box Control+ hub.

Do we know if the price is going up to $499.99 on this? I thought it was on the original promobricks list but isn't on the new Barnes & Noble list (they do carry the set).