Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

OLD Mafia and Mystery Games Index

I missed it becuase people came over for dinner :cry_sad: I agree, though perhaps it wouldn't be so random... *slips Quarryman a few 100 dollarts, or euro's, I guess*

I was going to post this in the Witch Hunt signup thread, but I figured discussion (if any :tongue: ) about it probably belongs here. Not sure if there is a "correct" answer, seems like much of a matter of personal taste. But anyway, seeing how fast these spots filled up got me thinking, so I guess I'll (when I, some time in the distant future run a mafia game :tongue: ) have a signup thread that's open for something like 24 hours and then make a (mostly) random selection from those interested, seems to me like that's a more fair way of doing it. Not that I'm criticising the "first come, first serve" approach, it just seems a bit unfair that someone's going to be left out because they were sleeping normal hours. :wink: Any opionions, or perhaps completely different approaches?

I got an opinion! [On everything :tongue: ] What if there are 2 sign-ups one for one timezone and the other one for the other timezone!

And by timezones I mean the most common timezone and the exact opposite of that? I think or something like that.

Quarryman, while it is a good solution, then you have people that waited and waited for the topic to go up, posted as soon as it opened, and then didn't get a spot. That would probably not bode well...<_<

I suggest something else - perhaps we should take a vote, but I think we should have two mafia games running at somewhat staggered times, that way when one ends another one is going on while the signups begin for a third one. For instance, taking three random games:

-Witch Hunt mafia goes up.

-One week later, Fabuland Mafia goes up.

-Witch Hunt Mafia ends, or Fabuland Mafia ends - whichever one ends first.

-Pirate Mafia begins.

Of course, we'd need guidelines for this:

-You can only be in one mafia game at a time. IF YOU DIE, you CAN join another game if the signup goes up AFTER your death.

-If you are hosting a game, you can't be in the other one.

etc. etc.

Sound good?

~Trexxen

Maybe, since, apparently there's so many Mafia games one after the other, maybe people who played in the Mafia game before (or hosted it) would not allowed to be able to play in it, unless they're killed off instantly, which means they barely got to play.

Though, I'm being totally biased here :grin:

1 Game: ImperialScouts

Ah, Western Mafia, what fun :grin: !

So either my calculations are way off, your sleeping pattern is insane, or I've misunderstood where you live. So which one is it? :wink:

My title has now been adjusted accordingly. :wink:

Come on, come on, lets get that 12 hours over with, already! :tongue: I see that you and IS already have avatars- what about me? :tongue:

If the headless horseman is in this game, I'm going to be seriously impressed. That's just my halloween avatar for this year.

Hello all!

*Talk show crowd recorded cheers play on tape*

I PM'ed Hinckley and he said I should post my mafia game idea thread in here to get it on the waiting list. With out there ado, I present to you my idea: Hogwarts mafia game!!! I have the castle set up and making the figures (Filch's hair is turning out to be a bloody night-mare, add don't get me started on Susan Bones :hmpf: ). Guess who the hosts (me) character will be?

Edited by professor flitwick

Quarryman, while it is a good solution, then you have people that waited and waited for the topic to go up, posted as soon as it opened, and then didn't get a spot. That would probably not bode well...<_<

I suggest something else - perhaps we should take a vote, but I think we should have two mafia games running at somewhat staggered times, that way when one ends another one is going on while the signups begin for a third one. For instance, taking three random games:

-Witch Hunt mafia goes up.

-One week later, Fabuland Mafia goes up.

-Witch Hunt Mafia ends, or Fabuland Mafia ends - whichever one ends first.

-Pirate Mafia begins.

Of course, we'd need guidelines for this:

-You can only be in one mafia game at a time. IF YOU DIE, you CAN join another game if the signup goes up AFTER your death.

-If you are hosting a game, you can't be in the other one.

etc. etc.

Sound good?

~Trexxen

I really like that idea, Hogwarts mafia would be pretty good.

Edit: didn't realise i bumped this sorry everyone. :sad:

Edited by randomparrot

Could I sign up for a special invite one in, I don't know, June-ish. I would do it sooner, but it's quite like Draggy's so...

Edited by Zepher

Murder Mysteries ahave rules smiliar to that of a Mafia Game, but there are some differences. They are as follows:

A Murder Mystery passes by in Chapters, not Days. The winner will be the first person to solve the crime and any other requirements. Attempts at solving the mystery should be sent to the host by PM, and not posted in the Game Thread or Discussion Thread. A certain amount of time, usually 24 or 48 hours, must pass between two guesses. After three, the participant shall be disqualified/die/lose.You must play the game like a detective (for that is the role you will be playing), and when searching for clues, you must make a specific action- for instance, you must chose to, say, open a door, not inspect a room for hidden objects. This is a general statment describing what you are inspecting. The murderer does not know who he or she is.

These are some general rules for Murder Mysteries (due to the new opening of Draggy's game). These may be updated, especially since only one Murder Mystery has been made.

EDIT: And now some indexing:

Murder Mystery Games in Progress

Dragonator - Mystery Manor Chapters: 1

Mafia Games in Progress (continued)

TinyPiesRUs - Days: 5, 6, 7, Conclusion

Future Murder Mystery Games

Zepher - TBD

Edited by Adam

Future Murder Mystery Games

Zepher - TBD (June 2009)

Thanks for the indexing help. It's much appreciated. Could we leave the game scheduling up to the staff please? Thanks.

It's just based on Zepher's post:

Could I sign up for a special invite one in, I don't know, June-ish. I would do it sooner, but it's quite like Draggy's so...

The scheduling can change, of course. It's up to you people. :pir_wacko:

It's just based on Zepher's post:

The scheduling can change, of course. It's up to you people. :pir_wacko:

All you need to say is "OK"

Now be a good 12-year-old and go run off and litigate a case or something...

All you need to do is say "I'm obsessed with Witch Hunt." Oh, wait...

"OK"

EDIT: When can Fabuland Mafia go up?

Edited by Adam

I should've known! :pir-tongue:

EDIT: Seriously, now, can we get back on topic? I don't want this transforming into the How Did You Get Your Title thread. :pir-laugh:

Edited by Adam

I should've known! :pir-tongue:

EDIT: Seriously, now, can we get back on topic? I don't want this transforming into the How Did You Get Your Title thread. :pir-laugh:

Dude, you aren't staff. Stop mini-modding. It's highly annoying. Note the absence of fun emoticon. Seriously, knock it off.

OK, Quarryman is up next with his Spacecraft Mafia game...

Dude, you aren't staff. Stop mini-modding. It's highly annoying. Note the absence of fun emoticon. Seriously, knock it off.

Yes! I cant wait for it! :pir_laugh2:

Uhm, no.

I don't have my bricks available (I'm in the process of moving from one part of the country to another), I have way too much to do at work to host a mafia game at the moment, (playing one I can manage though :wink:) and I still need to order quite a few things from Bricklink to be able to pull this off in a way I'm satisfied with. So I'm sorry, but I can't do it at the moment.

No idea why TinyPies put me on top of the list, I didn't announce a planned date because I honestly had no idea when I would be ready. Guess I should have been more clear about that. The way things are now I think late February/early March would be the earliest I could do it, but that is still unclear, mainly due to work.

And btw, it's "Mystery Spaceship" (a spacecraft could be anything really, but a spaceship should give the right associations). :classic:

I guess Adam is up next then with the Fabuland mafia...

I'm mini-modding? Where the heck did you get that? :pir_wacko: I just hate clicking through dang nonsense to find something relevant to the topic... but okay, I'll stop "mini-modding."

I don't have my bricks available (I'm in the process of moving from one part of the country to another), I have way too much to do at work to host a mafia game at the moment, (playing one I can manage though ) and I still need to order quite a few things from Bricklink to be able to pull this off in a way I'm satisfied with. So I'm sorry, but I can't do it at the moment.

No idea why TinyPies put me on top of the list, I didn't announce a planned date because I honestly had no idea when I would be ready. Guess I should have been more clear about that. The way things are now I think late February/early March would be the earliest I could do it, but that is still unclear, mainly due to work.

And btw, it's "Mystery Spaceship" (a spacecraft could be anything really, but a spaceship should give the right associations).

Sorry to hear about that. :pir-sceptic: I was really anticipating it. Mine won't be up for a while, I don't have enough time to mingle around in some online gaming forum- I have a life and responsibilities. So for those hoping for a Mafia Game to go up soon, mine's not it. :pir-sceptic:

Edited by Adam

Hinck, unless you were kidding that was a bit cold. Sorry if I just stepped over the line.

Mines more of a survivor game more than anything else, now that i think of it...

So Adam can't do his yet, Quarryman can't do his...*checks list* Next up is...Hinckley again? =P Followed by Professor Flitwick, and then myself/Imperial Shadows. So...any one of you guys want to take it up? (I'm not ready yet either, btw.)

~Trexxen

Edited by Trexxen

Well I would be happy to step in with my Mystery Castle 2, but I'm already hosting a game at the moment, so that one shall have to wait for later next year. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next game is like, these Mafia games are always fun in their own ways because of the different characters and settings in all of them.

So yeah, um, Baritones anyone? :pir-grin: No pressure on you though Hinck if you're not ready yet, I'm expecting this next one of yours to be amazing, if not fantastic. :pir-wink: So take your time.

Hinck, unless you were kidding that was a bit cold. Sorry if I just stepped over the line.

Mines more of a survivor game more than anything else, now that i think of it...

No, I'm not kidding, but I will take that up with Adam privately. In the future I would prefer you to stay out of it if a staff member is correcting another member. I, by no means, think I'm always right-but I trust myself well enough to handle things here without getting out of hand. If I'm mistaken, don't you dare correct me! :pir-tongue: Just kidding, but I do think at this point a mountain is being made out of a molehill, so shall we carry on? Because your opinion means nothing to me, anyway... :wink:

So, we take a break from Mafia Games, it seems...