hoiharry

Castle Igniscia "The castle where the sun rises"

50657855537_06fc2b6763_h.jpg  50657856002_08b2811315_b.jpg

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I'm sharing a historic themed moc. I present you a very small part of Castle Igniscia "The castle where the sun rises".
This is the throne room where many ceremonies are held. My friend made a Dungeons and Dragons campaign which this castle is part of. I asked him how he imagined the throne room and so I took some inspiration and started building.
I think it came out realy well and I love the two extra cinematic photos above :wub:. And as an extra I also made minifig versions of our D&D party, the queen and the so called 'Hero' of Falenzia. (My character is the third from the left, with the potion bottle :wink: )
 If you want to see the photos in more detail you can find my Flickr album here. I hope you all like it. :laugh:

50657223648_a476e55e9b_c.jpg  50657223583_b06c48f0cd_c.jpg

50657957356_82e2c81287_c.jpg 50657223178_b5daf2fc38_c.jpg 50658046462_8fcda5c2b2_c.jpg

50657222578_5f0e852d02_h.jpg

Edited by hoiharry

I like the use of a ship's steering wheel to make the sun. (if that's what that is supposed to be.) Also interesting design for the potion, very cool!

1 minute ago, John Cromwell said:

I like the use of a ship's steering wheel to make the sun. (if that's what that is supposed to be.) Also interesting design for the potion, very cool!

That is exactly what it's supposed to be :wink:

Beautiful design, especially the tiled interior. I just think the nose cone part could be trans-yellow instead.

Lovely forced perspective.  The photography is very nice.  The throne room has some nice lines with the horn/tail pieces in the background.  The throne looks good.  I like the fact the room is nice and open.  Do you and your friends play D&D using Lego?  All the characters look good.  

8 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Lovely forced perspective.  The photography is very nice.  The throne room has some nice lines with the horn/tail pieces in the background.  The throne looks good.  I like the fact the room is nice and open.  Do you and your friends play D&D using Lego?  All the characters look good.  

Thanks! I like to make our characters as minifigs to use on the maps of our DM, cuz we don't have those small D&D figs. :laugh:

It reminds me of the SunFire Elves throne room in Netflix's amazing cartoon series The Dragon Prince 

8 hours ago, Killian said:

It reminds me of the SunFire Elves throne room in Netflix's amazing cartoon series The Dragon Prince 

I still have to watch that series some time.

5 hours ago, Grover said:

Nice work!  I like the photography and the attention to detail on the carpeting and banners.

Thanks! I like to do more photography like that for my lego creation.

Also, what does the green star icon mean in the title of a post?

4 hours ago, hoiharry said:

Thanks! I like to do more photography like that for my lego creation.

Also, what does the green star icon mean in the title of a post?

The green star means your creation is on the front page when people go directly to eurobricks!  Congrats!

6 hours ago, Grover said:

The green star means your creation is on the front page when people go directly to eurobricks!  Congrats!

I indeed saw it just now, that's awesome! *oh2* 

Some great parts usage here! I especially like the construction of the throne - that use of the ship wheel is very inspired! 

You also did a great job on the lighting - very cinematic!

On 12/2/2020 at 4:51 AM, romulan said:

Excellent shots! What f-stop is this lens if you don't mind me asking? f/1.4? I shoot with a 90mm f/2 :)

Thanks! I used a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 for the cinematic shots.

47 minutes ago, socalbricks said:

Some great parts usage here! I especially like the construction of the throne - that use of the ship wheel is very inspired! 

You also did a great job on the lighting - very cinematic!

Thank you so much.:laugh: I indeed wanted to use some 'weird' pieces for the throne to make it a little more special.

As for the lichting, I just used a simple single desk lamp and my tv for the background image. :wink: